Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Julie d'Aubigny (1673–1707), better known as Mademoiselle Maupin or La Maupin, was a 17th-century swordswoman and opera singer. Basically all the sexiest and most awesome things about all the Game of Thrones characters put together, but in a real live person :allears:

e:

quote:

Eventually, she grew bored of Sérannes and became involved with a young woman. When the girl's parents put her away in the Visitandines convent in Avignon, Maupin followed, entering the convent as a postulant. In order to run away with her new love, she stole the body of a dead nun, placed it in the bed of her lover, and set the room on fire to cover their escape.[3] Their affair lasted for three months before the young lady returned to her family. Maupin was charged in absentia—as a male—with kidnapping, body snatching, arson, and failing to appear before the tribunal. The sentence was death by fire.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lol every other person named in the thread is a guy, just lol

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

dad gay. so what posted:

as far as i know there is only one person in history to come back from death, so im going with him.

Tupac?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
probably napoleon or alexander the great

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

Boudica was a pretty big badass

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

but if every other person is a guy that means the rest are women because thats how every other works

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Good choice.

Where do we rank Andrew Jackson and Sherman on this list. Also Alvin York. George Washington earned a place there too.

You could make an argument about Ben Franklin I think.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

Good choice.

Where do we rank Andrew Jackson and Sherman on this list. Also Alvin York. George Washington earned a place there too.

You could make an argument about Ben Franklin I think.

good post. very on point.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

huskarl_marx posted:

this is true, Marcus Agrippa was in my opinion history's greatest man. not only was he savvy, powerful and merciless enough to best Julius Caesar's master of the horse Marc Antony, he was loyal enough to not once betray Octavian and add on top of that his architectural contributions he's basically history's Most Underrated Guy

Exactly.

Also, we're buds now!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Agrippa has Augustus beat by a mile/ Especially considering it was his grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc that ran the empire for the longest stretch

:agreed:

In all History I think Genghis Khan does take the crown though.

Also throwing in votes for Julius Caesar, Scipio Africanis and Hannibal.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Good entries.

Whenever I read about the Gurkhas I have to remind myself I'm not reading fiction.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is a pretty nerdy thread, i get it, but you guys are like seriously just going to town on it . im "popcorning" i cannot wait to see what happens. love this poo poo. very serious.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

dad gay. so what posted:

this is a pretty nerdy thread, i get it, but you guys are like seriously just going to town on it . im "popcorning" i cannot wait to see what happens. love this poo poo. very serious.

It's you

You are the greatest badass

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Based God

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Why do so many people pick generals or leaders. Pick the grunts on the front lines instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

This guy rescued a 12-man patrol in Vietnam surrounded by a NVA battalion 1,000 men strong. Over a six hour firefight, he was wounded 37 times by bullets, bayonets, and shrapnel, but he kept going and survived. And he killed a bunch of people.

His medal of honor citation reads like a video game. He runs around and gets shot and clubbed over and over and kills a bunch of enemies while securing classified documents and poo poo.

Ivan Shitskin fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 23, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Genghis Khan didn't give a gently caress

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
The guy that invented the light bulb.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Leonid Ivanovich Rogozov - removed his own appendix and survived.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
lol all these are beta faggots compared to C. Dale Petersen who killed a grizzly bear by lodging his arm in its mouth and then biting off its jugular

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Dave Concepcion posted:

lol all these are beta faggots compared to C. Dale Petersen who killed a grizzly bear by lodging his arm in its mouth and then biting off its jugular

:stare: ok. The bar has been raised

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Helical Nightmares posted:

:stare: ok. The bar has been raised

I'd say that there bar been kilt.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dave Concepcion posted:

now hypothetically, if that bear had been trained since birth specifically to fight people i think it could give pretty much any heavyweight boxer or mma fighter a run for their money

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Lenin played a pretty funny prank on Russia that lasted the better part of a century

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
same buit with stalin and ukrane

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Lenin was a oval office.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sherman.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
old john dampcrack of west virginia

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Who was the Allied dude in World War 2 that charged into battle with a bow and Claymore? That guy was pretty cool.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Reginald "The Crusher" Lisowski

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Mithridates VI of Pontus

When the Roman republic was at the peak of its power, he was its greatest enemy for decades. But since that alone wasn't badass enough, he drank so much poison that he got immune to it.

Now you might still find yourself saying:" All that is good and well, but because Putin invaded Ukraine, I still maintain that Putin is the greatest badass of all time." You will change your tune when I tell you that, yes, MIthridates totally did invade Ukraine as well! He's the ultimate poison-resistant, Rome-hating, incest-loving and civilian-slaughtering badass we would all secretely love to be ourselves.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
i also want to nominate that dude in my hometown whose wife has been clinically depressed since forever and just sits at home doing nothing, meaning he he took care of her while raising three kids more or less by himself while working his rear end off and never complaining

he soldiers on, day after day, and that's more impressive in many ways than some act of adrenaline fueled wartime courage

edit: he looks like a sad ghost of a man, naturally, but still

Dave Concepcion fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 23, 2015

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Sheep-Goats posted:

The Seabass guy from that Jim Carey movie where the other guy goes "Kick his rear end, Seabass!"

Cam Neely isn't history's greatest badass, but he is a hall of famer hockey player, current president of the boston bruins, and had a finger cut off during a game, got 15 stitches to reattach it, and returned to the ice and got an assist.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kenzie posted:

Why do so many people pick generals or leaders. Pick the grunts on the front lines instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

This guy rescued a 12-man patrol in Vietnam surrounded by a NVA battalion 1,000 men strong. Over a six hour firefight, he was wounded 37 times by bullets, bayonets, and shrapnel, but he kept going and survived. And he killed a bunch of people.

His medal of honor citation reads like a video game. He runs around and gets shot and clubbed over and over and kills a bunch of enemies while securing classified documents and poo poo.

he might be a bad rear end, but not a historically significant bad rear end. otherwise i would have voted for hulk hogan

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
John Brown was my great whatever grandfather

it's pretty cool that he killed people with a sword

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Me, I brought down the Tsars.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Jack Churchill. Dude stormed Nazi beaches with a sword and longbow.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jack churchill

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

John Brown OP

Came here to post this.

That or General Tecumseh Sherman

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Oh also a candidate is that Finnish sniper guy:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%E4yh%E4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Don Tacorleone posted:

Getting a lot of pussy isn't badass

How would you know lol

• Locked thread