Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Its a bunch of beer snobs pretending they taste all these distinct notes and flavors that couldnt possibly be in the beer.

one bitch poste this : "12 oz. bottle poured into tulip
(9/24/15 born-on date ... drank today 11/16/15)

L: brilliantly clear amber-orange, so perfect it's hard to stop staring at; strong percolation into a full 1-inch head of white/off-white foam with classic Sierra Nevada sticking and lacing; keeps a soapy-foam collar with big bubbles, slight skin ... what a beer should look like (I did not pour in the final half ounce or so, keeping any sediment/bottle-conditioning paraphenlia out of the glass -- glad I did!)

S: mango-caramel sweet; floral hops around the sweet, some pine, but it's hard to pull it out of all that sweet

T: bitter hops up front, candied hops on finish ... still bitter but there's some major sweetening out; bread malt peeks in, and it's the real thing ... not a mix of hops and malt turned into the mango/caramel flavor but a distinct breadiness, pilsener-style bread malt; lots of pine in the bitter bite; cracker even on back end -- this malt is something else; grain

F: light but decent carbonation

O: the grainy/cracker malt backbone is fantastic ... almost two months old and the hops are having no trouble showing through in the flavor -- the bitter bite is nice, floral, slightly piney; the nose is standard-issue caramel/mango, way too sweet, possibly a victim of age, though the overall quality of this brew proves you don't have to be right out of the vat to be a good American IPA. this one definitely belongs in my hops rotation when I play "who's freshest" with the American pales/IPAs/DIPAs in the beer aisle.
"

what the gently caress oes that even mean its a go drat beer it tastes like beer not pine or mango caramel which isnt even an actual flavor if ytou combine mango an caramel i guarantee you it woul not taste goodd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Go back to drinking your piss water bud light if you can't taste the subtle flavor variants in the good beers.

gently caress you and your unimaginative taste buds.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i enjoy HAMM's for its refreshing taste

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Go back to drinking your piss water bud light if you can't taste the subtle flavor variants in the good beers.

gently caress you and your unimaginative taste buds.

i prefer disgustingly strong an bitter ipas my man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
german beer is hella good

thats my take on beer for this evening

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

You can taste certain things if you've had a metric rear end gently caress ton of different types of beers, but never the stupid goddamn poo poo some people say. What the gently caress is a candied hop? I mean really, what the gently caress? Also, anyone who spends a paragraph describing appearance, the single easiest thing to get right in even the shittiest of beers, is a loving retard.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I think the whole 'notes' bullshit is a way of saying how the beer tastes by saying that it reminds them of how other things taste. We don't really have a lot of nuanced words to describe tastes and smells like we do for sounds or colors or textures. For example, try to describe the different ways a fart can smell without just saying that the fart smells like something else. For all of these beers and all of these farts, the only way to really get an impression across is to invoke previous tastes, smells, or farts that readers have experienced.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Close this thread, turn it into a "rate your piss and bowel movements like you're on beer advocate"

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

beers are for people who like to piss and talk abouit flavour and hopps (oral piss)

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't drink beer for the flavor.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ChrisHansen posted:

I don't drink beer for the flavor.

then why are you drinking beer? Drink whiskey or bourbon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

then why are you drinking beer? Drink whiskey or bourbon.

drink rye

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

I think the whole 'notes' bullshit is a way of saying how the beer tastes by saying that it reminds them of how other things taste. We don't really have a lot of nuanced words to describe tastes and smells like we do for sounds or colors or textures. For example, try to describe the different ways a fart can smell without just saying that the fart smells like something else. For all of these beers and all of these farts, the only way to really get an impression across is to invoke previous tastes, smells, or farts that readers have experienced.

yea i get it but have you ever had a canddied hop? or maybe mango-caramel lolipop? perhaps tell me what he means by breadiness because it sure as poo poo doesnt have any taste of bread

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
ok i've gone back and read the rest of the post and i now would like to know who the gently caress is going to be familiar with the taste of pine

you've either been eating pine needles or pine-sol and neither of those are for eating

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

is there a buttchugging advocate site?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I use beergraphs op

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

youre standin in it!

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i hope so

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Wulfolme posted:

its like with wine, but less of a price point barrier

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I think beer advocate is racist. Tecate, Modelo Especial, and Sol have terrible ratings but Pabst Blue Ribbon is good? Site is probably run by white frat boys imo. They should all be mediocre.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

TCC and bluelight

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah hipsters are annoying, OP, I feel you

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

OMFG FURRY posted:

its like with wine, but less of a price point barrier

this is what i think of everytime i hear som dildo talk about wine flavors https://vimeo.com/125172965

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

down n out posted:

I think beer advocate is racist. Tecate, Modelo Especial, and Sol have terrible ratings but Pabst Blue Ribbon is good? Site is probably run by white frat boys imo. They should all be mediocre.

what

how do they even justify this

the entire point of drinking PBR was that it was done ironically

this snake is loving eating itself and i dont understand anything anymore

seriously how do they explain themselves when pressed on it

all this poo poo is just in their heads

gently caress

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I can afford expensive beer but I choose to only drink Natty Ice tallboys. gently caress you

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Beer advocate is poo poo. So are beer afficionados. They're the reason every brewery makes three different IPAs.

The only reason to check beer online is for the ABV. Otherwise, use your judgement. You're a big boy now and you don't need websites telling you what kind of ale to wash the ground chuck out of your gullet with.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
if you don't like yuengling you are a goddamn terrorist and sneed to be executed by a drone

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wulfolme posted:

what

how do they even justify this

the entire point of drinking PBR was that it was done ironically

this snake is loving eating itself and i dont understand anything anymore

seriously how do they explain themselves when pressed on it

all this poo poo is just in their heads

gently caress

yeah just ignore the hipsters because that's the road it leads down

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
gbs goon: I DON'T LIKE THING! :downs:

me: Congratulations.

I'm drinking a local beer right now btw, that's how cool I am.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

what if these reviews were actually about cum

brilliantly white, so perfect it's hard to stop staring at; strong percolation into a full 1-inch head of white/off-white foam with classic semen sticking and lacing; keeps a soapy-foam collar with big bubbles

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Lord Binky posted:

I'm drinking a local beer right now btw, that's how cool I am.

Old Milwaukee isn't made in Milwaukee.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/104/

OUTSTANDING

and the guy talking about ABV is right, ignore every page except to check ABV

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

phasmid posted:

Old Milwaukee isn't made in Milwaukee.

:gonk:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i'd rather drink natty ice than sam adams

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
hey lets drink corn and piss

sounds like a great idea to me!

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Mr. Unlucky posted:

hey lets drink corn and piss

sounds like a great idea to me!

does it get me drunk because if so I'm in

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Beer snobs are obnoxious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcRHUOTNobE

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Goons should try brushing their mouth, their whole mouth, not just your teeth.

It is amazing what things taste like when there isn't a semi-sentient half inch of decaying sludge coating every square nanometer of your mouth.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Berk Berkly posted:

It is amazing what things taste like when there isn't a semi-sentient half inch of decaying sludge coating every square nanometer of your mouth.

how bout you brush your eyes with bleach so I don't have to see your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Berk Berkly posted:

Mint? It's mint, isn't it?

• Locked thread