Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Why, are you moving to a different city? :fry:

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Shadow posted:

Nah. Good food.

Seriously? I've never heard anyone mention the food in ATL as one of its features

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
snowden rules and I hope someone else follows his lead and utterly owns the CIA again by releasing all the new poo poo they had to come up with because snowden owned them so thoroughly

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Seriously? I've never heard anyone mention the food in ATL as one of its features

lol I spend a lot of time in the airport and there's a lot of good food there. :)

Detroit (DTW) airport too in fact! Good hot dogs!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

have we even ruled out that snowden was one of the shooters?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
So, James Woolsey, the fool who let Aldrich Ames get away with it for years? Now there's a reliable source.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't matter if your a patriot or a traitior, if you work in intelligence you will inevitable make our enemies stronger somehow, in someway.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I suspect THIS might change your tune :

you're getting me mixed up with tezzor, bro

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

lmao stupid NSA bitches still couldn't pre-empt the paris attacks even with all their bullshit

defund them and tear down the HQ as a warning to the rest of the government

you first

the good news is that since the us never actually declared war in the past decade they can't pin you with treason. i mean theyll still find a way to loving kill you but you won't go down officially as a traitor

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Incompetent government bureaucracies hate him! Plan your terror attacks in secret with this one weird old tip!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Robo Reagan posted:

you first

the good news is that since the us never actually declared war in the past decade they can't pin you with treason. i mean theyll still find a way to loving kill you but you won't go down officially as a traitor

the only people committing treason work in the NSA

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that's cute

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Parallax Scroll posted:

have we even ruled out that snowden was one of the shooters?

the nerd on the grassy knoll

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Fabricated posted:

snowden rules and I hope someone else follows his lead and utterly owns the CIA again by releasing all the new poo poo they had to come up with because snowden owned them so thoroughly

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

"blood on his hands" :qq:

lol bitch please

our multibillion dollar surveillance state couldn't even stop a couple of college kids w/ pressure cookers

surveillance won't stop terrorism. our only real choices are to eat an attack once in a while or wage all out total war

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If only the unconstitutional, illegal spying by the NSA were still secret then no attacks would ever happen again :qq:

Fabricated posted:

There are times when things are so rotten and corrupt that a brave man must throw his wrench into the gears and wreck the machinery of bullshit, we could use 100x more Snowdens in this country.

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 22, 2015

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
God drat that guy for saying the gubbmit violated our rights.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fabricated posted:

All he did was stir a big pot of poop soup, that was already a-bubblin. Oh and get lots of extra funding for the cia and law enforcement, by taking a big bite of poop soup on tv and smiling and saying he likes it.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
So they're upset that they couldn't keep the secret that they could monitor all our personal transmissions without our knowledge because of Snowden? Is the government that stupid?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tony Homo posted:

So they're upset that they couldn't keep the secret that they could monitor all our personal transmissions without our knowledge because of Snowden? Is the government that stupid?

I don't think you know how governments or state secrets work

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

ITT snowden-seed swallowing retards self-congratulate for knowing about encryption

Yeah, leaking gigs of classified information on international SIGINT programs (that leaders on both sides of the aisle unanimously agreed to over the last 70 years) is actually the poo poo.

What was achieved? Some encryption startups got VC funding? The EU gets to smugly point out how lovely the US is? We are the main throw-weight behind the NATO treaty, and geopolitics isn't a loving sociology class experiment. Snowden's leaks didn't stop torture techniques; they didn't repair race relations; all it did was start (and promptly end) the conversation on Big Brother.

Maybe he can use his tech support desk skills to convince Russia that surveillance is like, bad, dude.

WASHINGTON POST - Edward Snowden says he would go to jail to come back to the U.S.

"We're still waiting for them to call us back," he told the BBC, when asked if his lawyers were in active negotiations with the government.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

fakiebeanplant posted:

ITT snowden-seed swallowing retards self-congratulate for knowing about encryption

Yeah, leaking gigs of classified information on international SIGINT programs (that leaders on both sides of the aisle unanimously agreed to over the last 70 years) is actually the poo poo.

What was achieved? Some encryption startups got VC funding? The EU gets to smugly point out how lovely the US is? We are the main throw-weight behind the NATO treaty, and geopolitics isn't a loving sociology class experiment. Snowden's leaks didn't stop torture techniques; they didn't repair race relations; all it did was start (and promptly end) the conversation on Big Brother.

Maybe he can use his tech support desk skills to convince Russia that surveillance is like, bad, dude.

WASHINGTON POST - Edward Snowden says he would go to jail to come back to the U.S.

"We're still waiting for them to call us back," he told the BBC, when asked if his lawyers were in active negotiations with the government.

Cool, how's Langley?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The_Cack posted:

Snowden is cool and good :twisted:

no i am innocent

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dr Cheeto posted:

Cool, how's Langley?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
we've finally identified the poor schmuck the NSA contracts to watch the forums since the Secret Service debacle

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Here's a crazy idea:

I'm willing to die in a terrorist attack so that the government doesn't have the ability to look up the rear end of all of its citizens and/or disappear them forever with absolutely no credible oversight for whatever reasons they are free to make up

like maybe we could have principles or something instead of just frothing at the mouth because we want to be 100% safe at all times

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Fabricated posted:

Here's a crazy idea:

I'm willing to die in a terrorist attack so that the government doesn't have the ability to look up the rear end of all of its citizens and/or disappear them forever with absolutely no credible oversight for whatever reasons they are free to make up

like maybe we could have principles or something instead of just frothing at the mouth because we want to be 100% safe at all times

Hmm I dunno, that sounds pretty gay. Also BOTH parties agreed it was cool and good to do those things so it's a good idea. :commissar:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

fakiebeanplant posted:

Busy pining for ldyy ambien :regd13:
pls don't use your NSA powers to steal nudes of lowtax's wife tia

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
goons: it's good that the guy whistleblew, secrets have no place in this connected world :)

ISIS: it's good that the guy whistleblew, allahu akbar

me: oh geeeeeeeze

Assfingeringlair
Nov 16, 2015

by Lowtax

Retail Slave posted:

God drat that guy for saying the gubbmit violated our rights.

well actually they're more mad he loaded a whole bunch of poo poo onto thumbdrives and let the russians and chinese copy them. As well as releasing everything on the internet, poo poo that has been found on terrorist harddrives.

Thats mainly what the US is salty about and not this hippy nonsense y'all are whining about.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
lol just lol if you don't think Snowden is a national hero

because he is a national hero and he deserves to come back to the country with a full pardon

im hoping Obama will have the balls to do it on his last day

he won't

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Assfingeringlair posted:

well actually they're more mad he loaded a whole bunch of poo poo onto thumbdrives and let the russians and chinese copy them. As well as releasing everything on the internet, poo poo that has been found on terrorist harddrives.

Thats mainly what the US is salty about and not this hippy nonsense y'all are whining about.

yes, I'm sure the Russians and Chinese didn't already have all that poo poo anyway because of our complete laughable gong show security

or that Snowden "giving it" to them doesn't serve as convenient cover for why they had them

Assfingeringlair
Nov 16, 2015

by Lowtax
also hasnt this twerp been begging to go home if they guarantee him only like ten years in federal prison because Russia loving sucks?

Assfingeringlair
Nov 16, 2015

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

yes, I'm sure the Russians and Chinese didn't already have all that poo poo anyway because of our complete laughable gong show security

or that Snowden "giving it" to them doesn't serve as convenient cover for why they had them

well they didnt actually

Assfingeringlair
Nov 16, 2015

by Lowtax
why even arrest people for murder everyone dies anyway. Bullshit fascism

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Assfingeringlair posted:

well they didnt actually

and you know this..... how

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

it's good that this guy released things, that hasn't actually changed how the government does its things in america, but has helped terrorists

- gbs posters

Assfingeringlair
Nov 16, 2015

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

i dunno, you're the one telling me russia, china, and al qaeda know literally everything that goes on including all the stuff he gave them not connected to net.

You tell me Mr. Bond

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

you shouldn't use comebacks like this that can be used against you because they r retarded (retard)

see the guy used it against you in the NEXT POST seriously, u retadr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
that Snowden just gave away documents to all comers is a laughable lie perpetrated by the NSA and exacerbated by the bullshit conflation of Snowden with Manning

Manning was a loving manchild throwing a tantrum and did exactly that; Snowden very consciously limited the leaks specifically to programs infringing on the rights of American citizens

• Locked thread