Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
hi thread Just want to say that vocal idiots are annoying glad u agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

That Robot posted:

taint reaped again :tbear:

Yeah I'll stop now. I don't think I can make this handicapped yoga thing a running joke.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Broenheim posted:

op i dont want to sound rude but gently caress you

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Profondo Rosso posted:

these people literally have brain damage causing them to feel this way (to the somatosensory cortex). calling them fetid cunts rather than mentally ill is kinda dumb.

That's a fairly complex and specific brain disorder then and involving a very specific and consciously formulated thought. You would pretty much have to etch it into developing folds in the cortex in multiple locations at the same time.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That's a fairly complex and specific brain disorder then and involving a very specific and consciously formulated thought. You would pretty much have to etch it into developing folds in the cortex in multiple locations at the same time.

it is and im sure there are people faking it for attention (esp on tumblr or whatever) but its also a real thing

http://www.researchgate.net/profile...0dc67000000.pdf

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Profondo Rosso posted:

it is and im sure there are people faking it for attention (esp on tumblr or whatever) but its also a real thing

Yeah right, hey Luke sky walker the cops are gonna give you a brain worm so you gotta cut off your nerve damaged gangrene left hand and maybe then you'll think about how your mother with cp should have never given birth.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah right, hey Luke sky walker the cops are gonna give you a brain worm so you gotta cut off your nerve damaged gangrene left hand and maybe then you'll think about how your mother with cp should have never given birth.

that would be real cool. the future is real cool

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Jon pop?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Son of Rodney posted:

can someone explain what cultural appropriation is and why I now must feel bad about liking things from other cultures?

It really came from 'hey you're taking one of the most sacred and important symbols from our culture and now you're a basic white bitch wearing it at a music festival just to appear exotic / fuckable and that's not cool'

And since Americans totally outnumber all the natives then in a few years wearing the headdress at a religious ceremony would appear totally cheap and stupid which is galling

I get that, it is more humiliation to go with being slaughtered etc. and it is a good thing to have some respect and maybe only denigrate a 'sacred' symbol for a meaningful political reason i.e. burning the flag

but then college kids latched on to it to be a way to be self-righteous and now white liberal college kids can be just as self-righteous as religious conservative college kids and POC college kids can be more self-righteous about everything and lord it over everyone

So now the horseshoe is complete, lefties are now as loving annoying as the baptist moral police

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a happy snowman posted:

Don't hang out with them negros white girl.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
boy some of you guys sure are mad at these sjws

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

is this 4chan?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

or maybe its reddit

which one is full of the anti-sjw MRA gamergater guys? are we that?

just asking because im confused

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

a happy snowman posted:

It really came from 'hey you're taking one of the most sacred and important symbols from our culture and now you're a basic white bitch wearing it at a music festival just to appear exotic / fuckable and that's not cool'

And since Americans totally outnumber all the natives then in a few years wearing the headdress at a religious ceremony would appear totally cheap and stupid which is galling

I get that, it is more humiliation to go with being slaughtered etc. and it is a good thing to have some respect and maybe only denigrate a 'sacred' symbol for a meaningful political reason i.e. burning the flag

but then college kids latched on to it to be a way to be self-righteous and now white liberal college kids can be just as self-righteous as religious conservative college kids and POC college kids can be more self-righteous about everything and lord it over everyone

So now the horseshoe is complete, lefties are now as loving annoying as the baptist moral police

Even in this very charitable example there are tons of better ways of communicating this issue then harassing individual people who have been raised and conditioned to treat this symbol like a charming and harmless movie prop as if they're racist monsters.

And then this worst possible solution (whining, shaming and harassment) is applied to every symbol, concept and dish that's vaguely not-white of origin regardless if the originating culture treats it as sacred or important or appropriate to show to other cultures, so that a bunch of sheltered kids can get offended on someone else's behalf.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
On the other hand anime has originated as cultural appropriation of disney cartoons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

or maybe its reddit

which one is full of the anti-sjw MRA gamergater guys? are we that?

just asking because im confused

People are discussing an issue on a discussion site, and some of them disagree with you :monocle: :ohdear:

I dunno man people with hosed-up political beliefs are fascinating. This is fascinating stuff which is why I post about it all the time. I also post in D&D threads about people with hosed-up conservative political beliefs, because that is also fascinating.

(I really need to get caught up with the Freep thread)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Profondo Rosso posted:

I'm confused, is this the brain structure change that occurs when you 'get FYAD' or the one from repeating 'get real beefy bitch' as a mantra?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

People are discussing an issue on a discussion site, and some of them disagree with you :monocle: :ohdear:

I dunno man people with hosed-up political beliefs are fascinating. This is fascinating stuff which is why I post about it all the time. I also post in D&D threads about people with hosed-up conservative political beliefs, because that is also fascinating.

(I really need to get caught up with the Freep thread)

why so defensive?

aw poo poo im postin in reddit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

why so defensive?

Mostly because your avatar annoys me and you posted a bunch of times in a row

e: that's not even really defensive but the dilemma is that "I'm not being defensive" is a defensive thing to say. A misanthrope, you argue like my fiancee.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Totalizator posted:

Even in this very charitable example there are tons of better ways of communicating this issue then harassing individual people who have been raised and conditioned to treat this symbol like a charming and harmless movie prop as if they're racist monsters.

And then this worst possible solution (whining, shaming and harassment) is applied to every symbol, concept and dish that's vaguely not-white of origin regardless if the originating culture treats it as sacred or important or appropriate to show to other cultures, so that a bunch of sheltered kids can get offended on someone else's behalf.

it's really arbitrary anyway. no one loving cares when someone gets a tattoo of a yin yang without fully appreciating its deep spiritual significance. because getting upset over that would be stupid.

basic white bitches wearing bindis are guilty of being sort of lame, just like dudes with yin yang tattoos are guilty of being sort of lame. and that's it. i don't think white people acting like tasteless dorks is an act of cultural oppression. one could even argue that acting like tasteless dorks is an essential component of white culture.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A misanthrope posted:

why so defensive?

I have bad news for you, son:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Mostly because your avatar annoys me and you posted a bunch of times in a row

e: that's not even really defensive but the dilemma is that "I'm not being defensive" is a defensive thing to say. A misanthrope, you argue like my fiancee.

holy poo poo someone wants to marry you? mad world we live in

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cnut the Great posted:

it's really arbitrary anyway. no one loving cares when someone gets a tattoo of a yin yang without fully appreciating its deep spiritual significance. because getting upset over that would be stupid.

basic white bitches wearing bindis are guilty of being sort of lame, just like dudes with yin yang tattoos are guilty of being sort of lame. and that's it. i don't think white people acting like tasteless dorks is an act of cultural oppression. one could even argue that acting like tasteless dorks is an essential component of white culture.

Yeah but like when Ellie Goulding is making songs about nuking the planet and the halcyon days spent beforehand with reckless abandon and using a Hindi symbol that's taking advantage of ignorant people.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

holy poo poo someone wants to marry you? mad world we live in

:agreed:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Before I accept your proposal I think we need to make sure we're on the same page in regards to ethics in games journalism...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE cultural appropriation: we can agree that in at least some cases, this concept is a real thing that can cause some real alienation. But, like many other legitimate social-justice concepts, it was ruined by the Internet when people who read a Wikipedia article or had a half-drunk conversation about it at a party decided that it was also cultural appropriation for a white person to speak Spanish or eat a burrito. Now the well is poisoned.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Now the well is poisoned.

it may be true but you shouldn't talk about your fiance's vag like that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

it may be true but you shouldn't talk about your fiance's vag like that

Don't kinkshame

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

why so defensive?

So I'm guessing you find solidarity in the social justice stuff but rather than talk about why youre wrong and why everything you believe is stupid you prefer to go with insincere taunting?

Sethex fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 23, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You can tell he's totally progressive and feminist because he made a joke about someone's vagina being gross

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

You can tell he's totally progressive and feminist because he made a joke about someone's vagina being gross

It's alright when they do it

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is that site more or less stupid than xojane?

I think more after refreshing my memory by looking at xojane again. xojane kind of reminds me of the frivolity of youth -trying to get attention and have fun but ef is pretentiously insistent serious-gently caress about their lovely world view.

put another way, i would rather date someone who reads xojane than everdayfeminism because I think they would be more interesting on or off their meds, the percentage chance of a fun non-commital blowie is greater, and there exists less self-loathing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Thanks to sites like jezebel, xojane, everydayfeminism and various other clickbait garbage, along with tumblr SJW crazies offended by everything, I have been successfully turned against feminism as a movement, congrats

I guess I'm on team Taint Reaper Now, hope you guys are fuckin' happy

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I need a list of things that aren't cultural appropriation so I can live my progressive life guilt free.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
I saw a chinese guy using a fork yesterday and I got so offended.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sethex posted:

So I'm guessing you find solidarity in the social justice stuff but rather than talk about why youre wrong and why everything you believe is stupid you prefer to go with insincere taunting?

lol hey man its cool im totally one of you

look that is me on the right:

hail hitler and bring ethics back to video game journalism and whatnot

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I visited a Japanese restaurant that had chairs instead of having everyone kneel beside a table... of course I gave them a scathing review on Yelp and tore into them about their cultural appropriation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A misanthrope posted:

lol hey man its cool im totally one of you

look that is me on the right:

hail hitler and bring ethics back to video game journalism and whatnot

you're no tezzor

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted: