Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
hello ladies and gents. welcome to the thread.

i assume you have all heard of the famous "dealbreaker" discussed by Tiny Fey on her hit television program 30 Rock (from the sun lol).

if not, let me inform you: a "dealbreaker" is something that makes a romantic relationship absolutely impossible! doesn't wx the hair on her upper lip? dealbreaker! murdered his mom when he was 14? dealbreaker! roots for the yankees? lmao i need not even say

well, this thread AINT for those. this is for FRIENDSHIP dealbreakers. a little "intimate," as it were, but no less devastating perhaps! this is for stuff that just prevents you from being or remaining friends with a person, no matter how long the relationship has been going for, how perfect it seems... when this little bit of finromation finally comes out, or as you slowly realize it's a repeat pattern... it's time to SEVER. i'm talking stuff like "doesn't get nachos as a food" "prefers star wars/trek over star trek/wars" "doesn't think cheating is a big deal" "voted for a pink floyd song for best classic rock track on th erecent WXBI countdown weekend."

here are a few for me:

i used to know this guy tucker. TUCKER was the kind of man who would get unbelievably angry whenever someone dog eared the page of a book or made a crease in the binding. we used to talk about books and as a book fan and esp a sci fi fan it's great to have someone to talk to about this kinda stuff, but i borrowed a book from this guy ONE TIME, and that was it. i guess actually the "dealbreaker" was on his end (bc i accietally creased the spine) but man let me say it was MUTUAL!

another guyu chris. really good guy went to school with him, smart dude, fun to hang out with, makes a banging G&T. anyways. what's the catch? there's gotta be a catch. you're ddarn right. chris had this terrible habit, that whenever st. pattie's day came up, even the littlest bit, he would AWLAYS ALWAYS bring up how there isn't just green in the irish flag! there's orange too!!! how one is for the catholis and the other is for the protestants! but it just annoys him sooooo much that nobody in america ever knows about the orange irish! and he would wear orange every st. patrick's day and then get into arguments with whoever tried to challenge him for not wearing green. i kid you not. lemme tell you, chris, what is annoying... honeslty dude, nobody cares about this but you, and i assume several grieving families. anyways, i just got tired of it and stopped hanging otu with him.

what are you some for you? let's dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

using the phrase "let's dish"

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Association with people with last names for first names. Tucker is an abomination before the Lord, and should be smote forthwith

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

nomadologique posted:

makes a banging G&T.

Quick question, how do you make a bad gin and tonic?

I had a friend growing up who really liked sports. As we got older the only think he ever talked about was sports. I don't really care for them, and he couldn't hold up a conversation about anything else, so we drifted apart.

My other friend is a picky eater, but in a way where he will only eat the really expensive brands. I offered him a cup of coffee once, which he accepted until he saw that it was Folgers. He grimaced and walked down to the coffeeshop by himself to get "quality" coffee. I like the guy, but come on dude!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Basically if you share anything on facebook that is racist/sexist/homophobic, etc. I know that we won't actually be friends. I will usually pretend to be friends with these people if they aren't too over the top and I feel I can benefit from our "friendship" in some way, but that's it.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
gay contrarian hatred of the beatles

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

conicidentally it's a dealbreaker for me when someone pretends to be friends with racists!

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
You make a bad gin and tonic by using grocery store brand gin, diet tonic water and no limes or lime juice and serving it in a plastic tumbler

Friendship dealbreaker: either not gay at all or too gay

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I just can't be friends with people who cut people out of their lives for banal and stupid reasons that any normal person would just ignore so they could enjoy a good healthy friendship. Especially if the "problem" they have with the person literally only comes up once per year.

So.......goony nerds. Yeah, I can't be friends with goony nerds, they really annoy me.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Thinking the movie Dumb and Dumber is not funny and really stupid.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Quick question, how do you make a bad gin and tonic?

Use more tonic than gin

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If I find out someone I've been hanging out with isn't a REAL 90s kid I just sever immediately.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
I cant be friends with anyone who doesn't use a NES controller as a belt buckle

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
a heartbeat

sout
Apr 24, 2014

kicking my rear end

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

If they don't read Homestuck and watch Dr. Who

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Is willing to be friends with me.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
is a cannibal

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Heroin.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kumo posted:

Heroin.

Look at this party pooper

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

If they have a higher power level than me

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Using the phrase "butt-hurt" in real life....or in any context really

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
higher charisma score

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Passing gas loudly and proudly.

Only I am allowed to do that.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Kumo posted:

Heroin.

you never know a folk with heroin does? it's not exactly fun to hang outwith them while they're hosed up but if they're nottotal junkies you can just hang out with them when they're not hosed up.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Using the phrase "butt-hurt" in real life....or in any context really
Dude now you can't be friends with yourself

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Bascially, if you don't attempt to conceal the fact that you read internet forums you're not someone I wanna associate with

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what happens in gbs stays in gbs boiz

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

MrWillsauce posted:

Dude now you can't be friends with yourself

gently caress

E: also yellow teeth. Im not saying they gotta be perfect but if they're really yellow it grosses me out when you smile. Whitestrips are like $20, get on that poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol you are mad at ppl who don't whiten ytheir teeth while i don't agree with you i like the cut of your jib bud

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that's the kind of incredibly arbitrary and idiosyncratic poo poo this thread is about!

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Also people who don't bleach their asses. That stuff is like five bucks a gallon, dude.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Being a wizard.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

can i use detergent with bleach for that or do i need a spsecialty solution? does cvs carry it?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

gently caress

E: also yellow teeth. Im not saying they gotta be perfect but if they're really yellow it grosses me out when you smile. Whitestrips are like $20, get on that poo poo

I dye my teeth black so I can be beautiful like geisha

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

nomadologique posted:

can i use detergent with bleach for that or do i need a spsecialty solution? does cvs carry it?
Ask your doctor

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

nomadologique posted:

Anything with bleach works, just get a turkey baster and squirt it back there buddy.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i can't really afford to be picky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost