Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

University of Guelph covers up rapes

gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah they're called lawyers

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Blistex posted:

My cousin is on campus finishing up an environmental sciences degree and said ever since the issues with UoM there have been about 4 black students who have been going around the campus with gopros and cell phones (constantly recording) trying to get people to yell "friend of the family" at them. Things have not been going so well, so they have started resorting to yelling "cracker" to try and get a response which has gotten them the nickname (crackers) as they think that is the most likely way to get some white student to drop the "N word". Mostly people just ignore them or yell, "gently caress you!". Then again this is a university full of hicks, so it could totally be justified.

Any other Aggies going to UoG have a run-in with them or hear about their antics? Or is this the first you have heard of this sort of "baiting" going on?

Why hasn't anyone recorded them doing this?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Highway of Tears is the most famous one, I'm sure there's plenty more. If you want to kill women for fun, targeting the poor who are also victims of institutionalized racism is the best way of doing it and no one will come looking for you because "it's their own fault for putting themselves at risk".

Victim blaming is fun and cool!!!

Our previous government fought tooth and nail against any sort of investigation into this! :allears:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I once had another teacher explain to me that when she first started teaching she had a lot of problems with the First Nations students, but then she learned to adapt as a teacher to their culture.

For example, the First Nations people have no concept of time, that's why they're always late for everything :psyduck:, so she just started showing up for classes with mostly First Nations students ~10 minutes later than her other classes. Also, because they don't know how to be Good Students, First Nations students cannot be expected to follow the same classroom behavioral standards/ academic standards as other (White) students, so she teaches everything to them a few notches below their grade level and marks them easier.

She told me this and my face went numb. I don't think she even realized she was treating them as "dumb natives" (while combining that tired old Chris Rock joke about Black people? :psyduck:) in order to make her job easier.

The same teacher tried telling a roomful of people that she had all three of her sons circumcised so that they wouldn't get HIV, and the only person who would debate it with her tried telling her that she herself was teaching her two sons about the importance of using condoms... this lady wouldn't hear it. :psyduck: :psyduck:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha I just assumed she made that up because her students were always late so she just adjusted her own standards by 5-10 minutes, I didn't know it was a misinterpreted thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

A group of Canadian Rangers was on base for training and to re-qualify on the rifle range. It was pretty eye opening, especially in the context of the military.

- They had no uniform standard to speak of, despite only needing to wear a red hoodie.
- They smoked wherever they drat well pleased and left butts all over the place (which we had to police).
- They never marched or called formation but instead kind of wandered haphazardly around.
- They didn't seem to have any timings to meet.
- In the morning some Rangers were fall-down drunk during breakfast.
- The quality of food at the mess was dropped to accommodate them. During their stay the menu consisted mostly of hot dogs, chickenfingers and hamburgers.

I've heard that those Rangers are magicians with their wooden outdated firearms and could make most trained CAF soldiers look like fools in terms of accuracy... too bad they only seem to use them on themselves and their family :(

• Locked thread