Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

please don't' spoil it, I am sick of all my movies being spoiled by aggressives. anyways does anybody know where i can watch this movie, i cant seem to find a blockbuster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hot take, op

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGAm55gApk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'll break your back over my mountain, OP

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i c an't see the movie here

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
It's a good film, I'd definitely recommend you watch it. It's sort of sad and wistful but also passionate and beautiful. All the performances are excellent, particularly Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Neither have i, op. I have not seen humpback mountain.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's just that part in the new batman movie where Bane smashes Batman over his leg

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't see the horse whisperer either? :shrug:

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

The movie is up its own rear end trying to be artsy at times which really annoyed me, but otherwise was a good story.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Very interesting movie. I mean in terms of physics. Gay cowboys were already passe when it came out just check fanfiction.net for proof. But the movie breaks natural laws. My friend's stepdad who is an 80 year old stroke victim watched it and then freaked out because somehow the gayness of the brokeback guys transmitted itself BACK IN TIME and retroactively made all other cowboys in all the cowboy movies he's ever watched gay.

So presumably when he goes back to watch an old classic its all like "bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" *two old nasty cowboys start loving like the world is on fire*.

Anyway the time travelling effect is interesting unto itself but imagine the further possibilities. Imagine throwing the drug cocktail they use to treat hiv into brokeback 2: brokebacker. We could send it back in time and be equipped to deal with the hiv outbreak as it happened. Or we could ensure the twin towers didnt fall. We could then avoid destabilizing iraq to the point that ISIL would be unable to take root. Gay sex for the eradication of ISIL: NOW!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its about a terrible mountain that creepa into your house and breaks your spine with devastating rock attacks

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ethanol posted:

please don't' spoil it, I am sick of all my movies being spoiled by aggressives. anyways does anybody know where i can watch this movie, i cant seem to find a blockbuster

I think one of them gets upset about being gay at the end and kills the other.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Haven't seen it either, but I think it's supposed to be about gay cowboys eating pudding.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's a movie about cowboys but the twist is they are more into the bulls and don't care to much for the heifers.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

it was pretty clever to sneak anne hathaways tits into the movie

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

jake ghjyjkldsjlkf (whatever his last name is) is pretty hot. i need to rewatch this film. it is sad but also romantic and has a passionate love scene. i'm sure you have heard about that.

e: wait does that count as spiler? sorry

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Heath ledger kisses a man and dies. hth

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Lots of people talk poo poo about it, but I appreciated what Ang Lee was trying to do in his Hulk movie. I think that well was poisoned from the beginning though since I remember talk like "Don't make Hulk, Ang Lee. You wouldn't like Hunk when he's Ang Lee['s Hulk]"

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
it's really boring if you;re expcting hot homo sex

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

jarvis cocker posted:

it's really boring if you;re expcting hot homo sex

i disagree. i remember the scene being pretty hot. serious talk. its about buildup and emotions of charavters, not just the physical se.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Nathilus posted:

Very interesting movie. I mean in terms of physics. Gay cowboys were already passe when it came out just check fanfiction.net for proof. But the movie breaks natural laws. My friend's stepdad who is an 80 year old stroke victim watched it and then freaked out because somehow the gayness of the brokeback guys transmitted itself BACK IN TIME and retroactively made all other cowboys in all the cowboy movies he's ever watched gay.

So presumably when he goes back to watch an old classic its all like "bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" *two old nasty cowboys start loving like the world is on fire*.

fill your hands you son of a bitch

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

Lots of people talk poo poo about it, but I appreciated what Ang Lee was trying to do in his Hulk movie. I think that well was poisoned from the beginning though since I remember talk like "Don't make Hulk, Ang Lee. You wouldn't like Hunk when he's Ang Lee['s Hulk]"

It was a neat movie even if it fumbled the ending. Pretty sure it's ultimately a much better movie than that new one.

Not the Avengers, that dumb Hulk movie they did with Edward Norton.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

Anyway the time travelling effect is interesting unto itself but imagine the further possibilities. Imagine throwing the drug cocktail they use to treat hiv into brokeback 2: brokebacker. We could send it back in time and be equipped to deal with the hiv outbreak as it happened. Or we could ensure the twin towers didnt fall. We could then avoid destabilizing iraq to the point that ISIL would be unable to take root. Gay sex for the eradication of ISIL: NOW!

what the loving gently caress

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

fill your hands you son of a bitch

Yeah, you got it. In the post-brokeback timeline he's demanding a handy J.

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

what the loving gently caress

:bigtran:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

same but I heard it's pretty gay and there's some cowboy buttfuckin'

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ang lee is cool

this movie also uses 'stem the rose' as a euphemism for anal sex, as said by Randy Quaid.

https://youtu.be/VthwkelngaY

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The gay indian movie was way better. He Who Comes on Mountain

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010

Nathilus posted:

A lot of straight guys like to watch their buddies gently caress! I know I do. gently caress a John Wayne, man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv_WGEHr4I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i think the only film ive watched about bummers is mysterious skin

• Locked thread