Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Syncopated posted:

your os is a piece of poo poo

the only time it's acceptable to us a linux is as a server

in the cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Satellit3 posted:

pls pwn thsi noob again as if you were campijg his spawn with an AWP and had pwned him twice consecutively due to your authentically digitgal win10 os (operating system) providing you w 0.5% more fps thna he

stux parachute?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
so what actually prompts for the win10 install

because my personal computer keeps trying to download the 4gb installer but my work computer hasnt squawked about it at all despite prompting me to install updates approx 5 times a day (including one that broke another program we depend on for basic workflows lol)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Your work computer probably uses whatever that managed update service is WSUS? and your server admins have obviously not pushed the Win10 update.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

smply accept the glory of windows ten unto thy hmoe pc. bask in the radiant light that sk its magnificnet ux. power thru your day wiht the single mostauthemtic and productive os avail. fastwr boot times ensure that youl see minimum downtime driuing the daily system restarts (plural)req to keep themost impressive consumre os humming along free of inexplicable and obcsure bugs

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

stux parachute?

im' mroe what youd call a five figgie stuxtard

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
thread title had me hooked but the op.... was not good

eh somehow turned the OS into a piece of poo poo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Satellit3 posted:

im' mroe what youd call a five figgie stuxtard

this is already annoying

don't

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

http://opendyslexic.org/

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

tbqh i qm not tributing stux, simpky trying (suceeding)to use the excellent and needs suiting virt keybord on the highly capabl2 Microsoft windows 10 professional version 1511 on mu sleek and powerdul surfqce pro 4 by microsoft (powered by windows 10) yes i have a typ cover. but portrait ,ode makes for a good way to lurk in comfort. thans ms and thanks satya

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Satellit3 posted:

tbqh i qm not tributing stux, simpky trying (suceeding)to use the excellent and needs suiting virt keybord on the highly capabl2 Microsoft windows 10 professional version 1511 on mu sleek and powerdul surfqce pro 4 by microsoft (powered by windows 10) yes i have a typ cover. but portrait ,ode makes for a good way to lurk in comfort. thans ms and thanks satya

man i know windows 10 is bad but you should really lay off the benzos

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the last thing we need is a mstux

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

poty posted:

foxit reader

oh god, when that first came out it was such a breath of fresh air compared to adobo reader
last time i installed it on my windows VM it was bloated and looked like garbage bc it copied the flat/metro/all caps menu stylings of microsoft

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

windows has a bultin pdf reader now

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

A Pinball Wizard posted:

so what actually prompts for the win10 install

because my personal computer keeps trying to download the 4gb installer but my work computer hasnt squawked about it at all despite prompting me to install updates approx 5 times a day (including one that broke another program we depend on for basic workflows lol)

Powercrazy posted:

Your work computer probably uses whatever that managed update service is WSUS? and your server admins have obviously not pushed the Win10 update.

computers on domains shouldn't do anything even if they receive the win10 KB######, IIRC

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

bobbilljim posted:

copying Mac features from 15 years ago

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

same with ISO mounting, i think

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes windows has finally reached feature parity with osx 10.4 tiger

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i am pretty happy to not have to install daemon tools anymore

it doesn't read anything ripped in alcohol 120 format but that's okay because anyone stupid enough to do that (me) doesn't deserve to be rewarded by someone in the future saying "gee i'm happy this was made"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

i am pretty happy to not have to install daemon tools anymore

it doesn't read anything ripped in alcohol 120 format but that's okay because anyone stupid enough to do that (me) doesn't deserve to be rewarded by someone in the future saying "gee i'm happy this was made"

lol alcohol 120, I think I heard the breeze pick up and the whisper of an ancient ghost through my window.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

virtualclonedrive is king

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

isnt dtools malware since like 2009

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol at windows users relying on ancient lovely shareware to accomplish banal tasks

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
better unzip all these files before my 30 day free trial of winzip runs out

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

THC posted:

isnt dtools malware since like 2009

i know it came prepackaged with some optional stuff that would gently caress up your day, guess it's not optional anymore

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
hmm yes in the days when microsoft was being sued to hell for daring to include a web browser and a media player with windows, i'm sure adding native pdf and disk image support on top of it would have gone over smoothly

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:qq:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Barnyard Protein posted:

better unzip all these files before my 30 day free trial of winzip runs out

they're lying, the program never actually stops working

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is there an app that knows how to unzip properly

like just unzips on the spot and puts things in a folder properly (not double nested) each time?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i think there are some settings in 7zip you can gently caress with but i don't remember

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

like just unzips on the spot and puts things in a folder properly (not double nested) each time?

will there be a windows that knows zip file aren't actually folders and doesn't pretend they are right up until the moment where that idea is really a pain in the rear end

no there will not

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

unzip

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bobbilljim posted:

Well, Edge is able to open PDFs. Not sure that counts as having a "built-in PDF reader"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Well, Edge is able to open PDFs. Not sure that counts as having a "built-in PDF reader"

win 8 had a pdf reader too, but it was some lovely fullscreen metro app and thus totally useless since you couldn't have it open on the desktop next to whatever you were working on.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

The_Franz posted:

win 8 had a pdf reader too, but it was some lovely fullscreen metro app and thus totally useless since you couldn't have it open on the desktop next to whatever you were working on.

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Phoenixan posted:

the last thing we need is a mstux

actually its exactly what we need and deserve

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

yea it was total garbage much like every aspect of Windows 8.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows 8 was the ultimate rebuke to all the sh/sc idiots from years past who lamented that microsoft products would be incredibly innovative and good if they just didnt have to support all that backwards compatibility. if only they had a clean break. if only they had the chance to make a digitally authentic experience, theyd steamroll all the mac fags and their ibads

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

pram posted:

a digitally authentic experience

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Fame Douglas posted:

actually,

The_Franz posted:

except in win10 (and 8.1 i think?) it is not fullscreen only

• Locked thread