Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hi everyone,

Last night I was playing darts with a bunch of Mexican guys from my new job. We had just lost the 4th game of cricket, bringing the total to 2-2 (me and Marcelo vs. Jose and Francisco) and were declaring that we'd have to break the tie next week, when I decided to visit the bathroom and relieve myself of all the beer I had been drinking (Founder's Breakfast Stout, followed by a couple of Stony Creek Cranky IPAs). While I was urinating, I decided to check my phone for messages, which is a habit I publicly denounce but in private choose to indulge in. However, my grip on my phone coming out of my jeans pocket was not as strong as I had considered, possibly owing to my inebriated state, and it slipped from my grasp directly into the toilet in which I was currently passing water. The phone screen blurred and disappeared as I quickly tried to fish it out before permanent damage was caused, while still pissing into the toilet and covered in pissy splash water from me dropping the phone into the toilet. The phone will now not turn on and I assume it is destroyed, however it does not smell like beer piss. I plan to take it to the Apple store at the mall today in a ziploc bag and probably pay $600 for a replacement phone since I need one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Thread stickied

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

throw it in a bag of rice to draw the moisture out

it worked for my sister's phone when she dropped it in the toilet

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That's a lot of words to tell us you peed on your phone and then you splashed around in your pee like an infant

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
At least it was quality beer

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The bar bathroom was small and only had one urinal, which was occupied at the time, which is why I chose to pee into a toilet in a stall. However, the person at the urinal was just finishing up as I entered the bathroom, so I believe he was not around when I threw my phone into a toilet full of pee.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
peepee phone dunk

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sounds like urine trouble, OP

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

If your sister pissed on it I'll buy it from her.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

reminds me of the time i wrestled a learned ape with the presidency on the line/ ill telly ou about it someday

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sounds like urine trouble, OP

:staredog:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nosam0819 posted:

If your sister pissed on it I'll buy it from her.
gently caress is wrong with you nosam

that's unsanitary

Mejwell
Jun 5, 2004

Great!

symbolic posted:

this is an old wive's tale rice prevents salt from clumping through agitation and also cowcaster pisses on his phone every night

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The dart board was one of those electronic ones with the peg-hole darts, all of which had very bent plastic tips. I had not played darts since college which was about 8 years ago, but actually did well enough during the game that I did not feel embarrassed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Op just wants the fragrant scent of his own piss, while he pays for phone sex.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
is this a meltdown?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
nice meltdown op

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The jeans were a pair of Gap slim fit, 28x30. They are my favorite pair of jeans which I have owned for many years, however just recently I made a hole in the left knee while helping my dad cut up some fallen trees in his yard with a chainsaw. I did not make the hole with the chainsaw, rather I tore my jeans while walking around the brush. Although it was very small to begin with it has rapidly become larger, which makes me sad because as I previously mentioned this was my favorite pair of jeans.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

did you drown your phone in rice yet?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pineapple on pizza is perfectly fine. Unlike Apple phones, which are dumb n bad!!!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rather embarassingly (or even more embarassing than spiking my $500 phone into a toilet of my own biological waste), the one thing I lament is my loss of my Final Fantasy Record Keeper save. I have not played a Final Fantasy game since Final Fantasy 7 on the playstation 1, and ridicule those who do. However, I recently downloaded the game onto my phone as a way to kill time during slow hours at my job. Since I have not bought into the money side of the free to play model, my progress in the game has been slow and I have missed out on completing several events because I am low level. This is all a moot point, because I have thrown my phone with a large amount of force directly into a ceramic urn meant for containing effluvia.

dieheart
Sep 25, 2015
At least you were buzzed to help you accept the fact. Disassemble phone and rice it

Mejwell
Jun 5, 2004

Great!
who won the game of cricket

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mejwell posted:

who won the game of cricket

As I mentioned, at the end of the night the total was a tie of 2 to 2, and we had made the resolution to break the tie next week.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Although I expressed worry that the game of cricket would come down to a bullseye race, which is the problem that plagued my college dart playing days, all my companions as well as myself hit a surprisingly high amount of bullseyes when necessary, meaning we could play an entire 4 games of cricket rather than having a single game last for 45 minutes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i never realised you were so short, OP

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
A coworker of mine tried that rice trick and it worked. You should try the rice trick.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Living with autism on a daily basis must be exhausting.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You paid $600 for a phone and its not even IP68 rated, just completely moronic. What were you thinking?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

As I got home with the pee-soaked phone and put it out on the window sill to dry, I noticed it was making an audible crackling noise through the speaker. I assume this was the pee moisture working its way through the many, nearly-incomprehensible amounts of microcircuitry, causing an incalculable amount of electric shorts which were being emitted as bursts of static.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
use desiccant instead of rice, jesus christ people

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

notZaar posted:

You paid $600 for a phone and its not even IP68 rated, just completely moronic. What were you thinking?

I have also been informed it has the wrong kind of RAM

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

plain blue jacket posted:

Those dessicant packs are just full of rice.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cowcaster posted:

I have also been informed it has the wrong kind of RAM

you did it a favor, really

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
BTW your "phone" is totally hosed I hope you realize. Piss is loaded with electrolytes and you have shorted every last circuit in there already. Not even drying it completely could have saved it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

plain blue jacket posted:

good idea let me get my desiccant out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

notZaar posted:

BTW your "phone" is totally hosed I hope you realize. Piss is loaded with electrolytes and you have shorted every last circuit in there already. Not even drying it completely could have saved it.

I had come to this conclusion basically the second I fished it out of the mixture of piss and water it had fallen into and saw that the screen was unresponsive.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You should buy a Sony Xperia phone. Not only are they inexpensive and beautiful, but they are manufactured to resist dust and complete immersion in liquids.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

As Mejwell pointed out the rice trick is basically an urban myth and the rice does not actually provide any more practical moisture absorption than would be accomplished than leaving it on the window sill, which I did. I am open to the idea that an actual chemical dessicant would have probably been effective, but as has been jokingly noted by forums poster "RideTheSpiral" I had no dessicant readily available at the dive bar where I was playing darts and piledrived my phone into a pot of my own hot piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Desiccant

• Locked thread