Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BigBoss posted:

Thank you for proving my point, boys. :)

Eh the troll was more believable before this post honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Was thinking the new Krampus movie is an unexpected hit judging from the title.

nope, turns out it's an OG MRA who happened to create a successful strip saying dumb MRA things on the internet

Maybe I'll go see Krampus anyways, looks better than star warts imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is he still making Dilberts, and if so is he letting any of the crazy leak into it or is it still "my boss doesn't know computers!!!" and all the crazy is contained within his blog

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
argh my boss doesn't understand computers. *reveals suicide vest* allahu ackbar!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

loquacius posted:

Is he still making Dilberts, and if so is he letting any of the crazy leak into it or is it still "my boss doesn't know computers!!!" and all the crazy is contained within his blog

seems like he could just outsource it these days. idk what he actually does though

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Mein Eyes! posted:

argh my boss doesn't understand computers. *reveals suicide vest* allahu ackbar!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

a starwar betamax posted:

please post good dilbart comics thanks.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wish Scott Adams would get going on writing the book about his Grandfather Douglas already.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

Eh the troll was more believable before this post honestly

You think people engaging in sexual intercourse is a "troll".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I certainly don't think trolls engage in sexual intercourse

is the secretary supposed to be "wrong" in this comic instead of "unbelievably charitable in not getting the guy who said he wanted to rape her in caveman times fired"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A misanthrope posted:

does adams post here? seems like he posts here

i bet he has an anime av

scott adam is in fact forums psoter ArbitraryC

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Man, what an incoherent mess. He complains about The Matriarchy and how rough us poor men have it.... but apparently if you take it away then you get ISIS and suicide bombers?? Is he arguing for or against "female domination"? I'm confused.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Gabriel Pope posted:

Man, what an incoherent mess. He complains about The Matriarchy and how rough us poor men have it.... but apparently if you take it away then you get ISIS and suicide bombers?? Is he arguing for or against "female domination"? I'm confused.

just pointing out the oddity of modern life

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

dreezy posted:

you'd be sad he came back from the dead?

i think he'd be sad if it turned out douglas adams was such a raging misogynist

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

theultimo posted:

Millennials are the worst

Baby boomers are the worst

Gen X was the best generation

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rich, famous, and he still can't get laid.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

my current boyfriend might have a problem with that

tell you what: if i get a super-chivalrous guy on the rebound, i'll tell him, "you know you don't have to do that, right? you don't have to impress me." but if he insists on doing a bunch of m'lady stuff over my objections i'm dumping him like a hot potato

Don't bother. The super-polite m'lady types do all that poo poo because they believe that dating is literally just a checklist of behaviors that, if done in the right order with the right timing, automatically guarantees them sex.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

I just hold the door open for anyone that is also about to use it. :shrug:

That seems just like a normal thing to do. I'm not going to run ahead of you to open it though. If we get to the door at the same time I'll open it and let you through but again I'll do that for anyone including other men.
It's just good manners.

quote:

e: I offer the bowl when I pack a fresh one too because ayy
This too.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soulfucker posted:

casual friday?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I remember when Scott Adams wasn't allowed to be spoken of or quoted on SA.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

I'll offer my coat if someone is obviously cold and I'm not but yeah I do that for people I'm not trying to sex, either, just because again it seems like the polite thing to do.

Where do you do this? Presuming your a hetero Cis whatever and the other is not a FEaMALE.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
scott adams is crazy but the frothing hysterics he inspires in reaction is arguably funnier than dilbert

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

je1 healthcare posted:

they have two choices: I'm inadequate, or the Matrix is against me

gently caress you, it really was Berenstein Bears in my day :mad:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

Thank you for proving my point, boys. :)

K but that dude is literally saying he gets suicide bombers bc he also doesn't get laid so gently caress your ecred and smd

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

he should go gay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

Where do you do this? Presuming your a hetero Cis whatever and the other is not a FEaMALE.

Where? Anywhere. Assuming I know the person obv dunno if Id give my jacket to a total stranger

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i liked the dilbert tv cartoon

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Well yeah, OP, haven't you read his books, The Dilbert Principle and The Dilbert Future? They're really entertaining but he is totally insane. For example, he believes that the theory of evolution will be disproved within our lifetime, and that everything that has ever lived is still out there, hiding. And he posits that gravity is caused by everything constantly growing in size, so when you jump you hit the Earth again because it grows under your feet, which are growing exactly the same time, but not the space between them. Also that affirmations made him not get cancer. He's totally nuts but super enjoyable, the comics are actually among least entertaining things he's done.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

I doubt he'd even be able to explain his hosed up views anyway. No matter what, in his mind, he can't have sex with whoever he wants, whenever he wants, and modern society is to blame. That's his belief and if he has to bend logic into a pretzel to get there then so be it. Also terrorists result somehow.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

he has a tiny penis

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

symbolic posted:

i think you're Adams

nah i've talked to women before

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Dilbert and Scott Adams are good because they gave us the CBoyardee videos and this.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
That's why nobody should be relying on external validation for their self worth.

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot

Secks Cauldron posted:

That's why nobody should be relying on external validation for their self worth.

I get why this is a good idea but how? ty

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

*curb ur enthusaiasm music plays*

what kind of sick sad world we live in where this bro is not slaying pussy left and right

loving... muslims or whatever

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

chaosbreather posted:

Well yeah, OP, haven't you read his books, The Dilbert Principle and The Dilbert Future? They're really entertaining but he is totally insane. For example, he believes that the theory of evolution will be disproved within our lifetime, and that everything that has ever lived is still out there, hiding. And he posits that gravity is caused by everything constantly growing in size, so when you jump you hit the Earth again because it grows under your feet, which are growing exactly the same time, but not the space between them. Also that affirmations made him not get cancer. He's totally nuts but super enjoyable, the comics are actually among least entertaining things he's done.

Does he aim for that weird Trumpian zone where you're pretty sure he's serious but he delivers it like a joke to save some plausible deniability for later? "If you're appalled I'm joking if you're impressed I totally mean it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Phobic Nest posted:

Does he aim for that weird Trumpian zone where you're pretty sure he's serious but he delivers it like a joke to save some plausible deniability for later? "If you're appalled I'm joking if you're impressed I totally mean it."

No Scott Adams is legit insane in that way only engineer minded people can get, which is a very logical and reasoned way but still clearly insane once you step back and look at it through the eyes of common sense humans

• Locked thread