Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Phanatic posted:

Am I seeing this correctly that Season 2 is only 5 episodes?

It's supposed to be 13 (or at least, more than S1's 10 eps) so I sure hope you're not seeing whatever it is correctly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
iMDB lists 13 episodes.

The five episode thing might be chatter related to some mentions that the plot lines related to the first book get resolved in the first five episodes. (Not really a spoiler, but it refers mildly to the books.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It might be that only 5 have an airdate. Maybe there will be a mid season break.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I made a Season 2 thread, let me know what I missed, etc. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808233

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How to watch season 1.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When the paid legal options for viewing are exhausted or ridiculous and you need your spacemans you're down to one option really.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Baronjutter posted:

When the paid legal options for viewing are exhausted or ridiculous and you need your spacemans you're down to one option really.

Season One is on Amazon Prime.

It's also only $20 to own through just about every digital portal.

If you don't want to pay to support this show, this is how we don't get nice things.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't worry friend I watched the show on the netflix in canada.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

bull3964 posted:

Not in the UK.

At least, I can't see it anywhere. There's all the Pepper Pig I could ever want though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

bull3964 posted:

It's also only $20 to own through just about every digital portal.

If you don't want to pay to support this show, this is how we don't get nice things.

Nice thanks. I have Amazing Prime.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

tooterfish posted:

Not in the UK.

At least, I can't see it anywhere. There's all the Pepper Pig I could ever want though.

It's on Netflix in the UK. It's only on Prime in the US, Netflix has the rights for the rest of the World.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Is there an embargo on new episode talk? The silence is deafening. Doors & Corners was great.

Edit: Oh, new thread. Nevermind.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
I've got a few questions about season 1:

1) Did Anderson Dawes ever get Mao's message, and if so why did he not react on it?

2) Why do Fred Johnson react on it after so long?

3) Why do Holden go to Fred Johnson after the mars battleship is attacked?

4) Why did Anderson Dawes and Miller turn against each other?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jarl posted:

Fred contacts them out of the blue black. Their circumstances are highly suspicious, and they fear they wouldn’t be safe with Earth or Mars.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Jarl posted:

I've got a few questions about season 1:

1) Did Anderson Dawes ever get Mao's message, and if so why did he not react on it?

2) Why do Fred Johnson react on it after so long?

4) Why did Anderson Dawes and Miller turn against each other?

Off the top of my head, so apologies if I get a detail wrong or conflate TV and book versions.

1. I don't think anyone received a message from Julie. The OPA noticed that someone checked into a flophouse on Eros under a pseudonym that basically functioned as an SOS, prompting them to investigate.

2. I'm not sure how much of a delay there was once they knew they had someone requesting help on Eros. I guess there weren't any OPA assets Fred could use on Eros; the OPA is pretty factional, and he might not have trusted his contacts there.

3. Basically, Fred was offering aid, poo poo kept blowing up around them, and they didn't have any better options.

4. Dawes wanted the OPA to be the ones to find Julie, and Miller wouldn't back off the case.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Platystemon posted:

Fred contacts them out of the blue black. Their circumstances are highly suspicious, and they fear they wouldn’t be safe with Earth or Mars.

Toast Museum posted:

Off the top of my head, so apologies if I get a detail wrong or conflate TV and book versions.

1. I don't think anyone received a message from Julie. The OPA noticed that someone checked into a flophouse on Eros under a pseudonym that basically functioned as an SOS, prompting them to investigate.

2. I'm not sure how much of a delay there was once they knew they had someone requesting help on Eros. I guess there weren't any OPA assets Fred could use on Eros; the OPA is pretty factional, and he might not have trusted his contacts there.

3. Basically, Fred was offering aid, poo poo kept blowing up around them, and they didn't have any better options.

4. Dawes wanted the OPA to be the ones to find Julie, and Miller wouldn't back off the case.

Thanks! :)

Helped a lot. It's dangerous searching the wikis with all kind of book information. Also, they didn't have the specific information I wanted.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
When is season 2 starting on netflix in the uk??

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

fridge corn posted:

When is season 2 starting on netflix in the uk??
If it's anything like what's been announced for Netflix Australia, after the 13 Episodes have aired in the US.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
This seriously disappoints me.

And strangely these two last episodes are not as easily obtainable through my usual "other" channels.

What does the tag "Netflix Original" exactly mean then in this case?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It means US networks want to be pissy babies and insist on a period of exclusivity, despite the huge buzz around a show that occurs when Netflix & Normal TV are in sync, e.g. Breaking bad.

Everyone outside the US will just :filez: it and the network will go "oh no look how big a problem :filez: is"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm glad regular TV is slowly going broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Alright guys, with the new season underway, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Spoiler tags are being used more or less responsibly in the new thread, so if you have questions about season one, hit us up there and we'll help you out.

• Locked thread