Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That was a drat good pilot. Really sold the "this is real space, it's hard to live in, it's not your walk-in-the-park Star Wars/Trek space for babies" vibe.

The overall quality gives me a lot of hope for the other SyFy adaptation I'm anticipating, The Magicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Apparently episode 3 and 4 (but not 2 for some weird reason) went up early on streaming services. And maybe some other places...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The Magicians is Harry Potter meets The Secret History by Donna Tartt (AKA the best book ever).

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm waiting for the bluray to come out in Australia but that's super unlikely so I might just order the US version.

Same with The Magicians.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I assume those wouldn't play in an Australian Bluray player due to regions, I think there's a limit to how many times you can switch your computer's region or something? Seems like a hassle either way.

I wouldn't spend actual money on The Magicians.

I have a region unlocked blu-ray player. Quite easy to buy in most big electronics stores :)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Grand Fromage posted:

The greatest scifi show of all time? Yeah if the Expanse is half as good that'd be awesome.

(I will entertain arguments for Babylon 5 being better than BSG)

Babylon 5 praise makes me happy, I just bought the DVDs and have started season 1. I'm really looking forward to the in depth story that everyone seems to laud.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gromit posted:

Something that new watchers of Bab5 should be aware of is the preferred viewing order. You have a few movies (and Crusade, but apparently that is some dire poo poo) that slot in at certain points, as well as a few episodes that should be watched in a different order for more impact.

Link to this?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm watching B5 for the first time, only just watched Mind War from season 1 last night. Should I continue with the disc order or use the Lurker's Guide?

I watched The Gathering first but not In The Beginning. I'll save that for after season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Fatdama was the peak of BSG.

• Locked thread