Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
I've read the series and have seen the first 2 episodes.

Show looks pretty cheap. I was hoping that with what FX is doing with their shows, SYFY would step up their production game at least with the camerawork and lighting. If you're not going to make all Belters tall and thin, then don't make any tall and thin.

Amos looks like Turtle from Entourage instead of the badass he should be.

I'll stick with it but not expecting much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

flosofl posted:

How did you see the first two episodes since the second is not airing until next week? I know they made the 1st available online, but I don't see any legit source for the 2nd.

Media copies. Ive seen the first 4.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Amos looks exactly like Turtle and it sucks.

I like the books.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

gohmak posted:

Is The Magians just HP goes to college?

Harry Potter with cigarettes

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

gohmak posted:

Episode 3 has sold me on Amos and I recant anything negative I've said about his casting. He exceeded my imagination in delivering the balls joke. Martian interrogator and captain were awesome.

Amos looks like Turtle. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

flosofl posted:

Yeah, the "how I saw them in head" doesn't match. But the characterization is spot on. For instance, Amos doesn't look at all like I imagined he would, but the show absolutely captures his character.

He looks like Turtle from Entourage. Not intimidating at all.

• Locked thread