Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
A scene early on made me do a double take, I looked it up and yep, they were at Kinton - a chain of ramen joints in Toronto with really distinctive walls. I can't fault them though, it still looked good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Miller holding the door and then shooting that dude right in the face was pretty tops. This is a great show full of great poo poo. I hope it brought in enough viewers that the budget isn't slashed for next season.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
During all the chaos on Eros I kept wishing there were an Deus Ex-type game set in the universe of this show.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Oh hell yes. Where the length of your bizarro combover directly impacts all your stats.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I just finished reading the books and am pretty impressed in hindsight at how perfect the casting has been for the show. The guy playing Amos deserves some kind of award for pulling off the amicably threatening personality so perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

It's really funny going back through the books again in preparation for Babylon's Ashes. After watching the show my mental image of some characters has shifted completely. Everything Miller does is done by Thomas Jane in a bad haircut now.

With that in mind, re-reading Nemesis Games gave me so much more respect for the authors because it feels like they've heard the wacky wishes that most fans of any series have (Oh poo poo how awesome would it be if all the badasses in this series teamed up?), and pulled it off without it being pandering and lame.

• Locked thread