Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hedrigall posted:

That was a drat good pilot. Really sold the "this is real space, it's hard to live in, it's not your walk-in-the-park Star Wars/Trek space for babies" vibe.

The overall quality gives me a lot of hope for the other SyFy adaptation I'm anticipating, The Magicians.

Same, though The Magicians doesn't interest me much; I'm anticipating Letter 44. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
loving hell, Sci-Fi Channel - you're back! :suspense:

Have you been working out? You're looking goo-

:catholic: posted:

But my Books!

:eng101: posted:

But my Physics!

This is going to be the most insufferable thread, isn't it. Can't we all just appreciate this holiday blessing? :sassargh:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Mukaikubo posted:

yeah, I just finished all four eps and wanted to talk about them, but honestly I don't wanna stay in this thread for fear of accidentally mousing over a major book spoiler or something. :( Back to harassing friends to watch so I can discuss the show with someone.

:catholic: But my books!

:eng101: But my physics!

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The Expanse has been renewed for a second, 13-episode season.

Space.com posted:

When the first episode was released before the TV premiere, 4.5 million viewers watched it digitally, and an average of 1.6 million have watched each of the first three episodes as they aired, Syfy officials said.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 13, 2016

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Whoops. Well, I'll edit it to blend in with the rest of the thread then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Well, I enjoyed the hell out of this season and SyFy's continued return. Looking forward to next season!

Zaphod42 posted:

I gotta wonder why the gently caress they did the black spider thing in the previous episode if they were gonna go ahead and do the blue crystals out the mouth thing an episode later. Changed their minds?

:confused:

The design (prosthetic/mannequin?) was the same from the reveal episode to the next, it's just that we saw it actively growing and killing her (receiving energy from lights, her, etc.) in the flashback opening of the next episode. The blue crystal out of the mouth (and forehead) was there in the original reveal, as were the "fruiting body" stalks pointing out from her. When the baddies are collecting their samples from her, the body growth is still in the "black spider" phase. It's only once they start shooting it with the lasers in the final episode that the bright blue returns and becomes widespread throughout the mass.

Zaphod42 posted:

I guess the lighting in the previous episode just kinda sucked?

It's this.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 4, 2016

• Locked thread