Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was looking forward to this, but I'm not quite sold after the pilot. A lot feels cribbed from BSG, much of the dialogue felt really stilted, and the story's tone feels all over the place. The zero-g sex was really goofy too.

I'll give it a shot because it looks pretty and I'm a sucker for sci-fi that takes place locally instead of fictional star systems, but the plot isn't doing it for me yet. There's no overall compelling hook so far, so it feels like it's relying entirely on its world-building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

johnsonrod posted:

I'm genuinely curious what you mean by this. Other than "it has spaceships in space", I couldn't think of one example.
A few things jumped out at me pretty immediately. Jonathan Banks' bald old drunk XO was almost literally Tigh. Threat of airlocking someone to get them to cooperate, two crewmates in a secret relationship due to being officers on a ship, the ship is called a "rustbucket", and being stranded in space after watching everyone you know get nuked. I suppose the crew notes are moot points now with the ship exploding, but as a pilot it felt derivative to me.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 24, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flosofl posted:

I'm imagining you taking a hit of your inhaler after every sentence.

"Furthermore, the shade of off-white used in the fonts on the computer are TOTALLY the same color as those used for the HUDS in Battlestar!"

Johnsonrod asked me, I answered, fucko. Those were things that jumped out at me while watching, not a list of problems I'm ranting about. I felt it was a weak pilot.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

etalian posted:

it's tech noir not neo noir

What does the nightclub in Terminator have to do with this?

edit:\/\/\/You see, that is what is called a 'joke' around these parts.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 1, 2015

• Locked thread