Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

this frickin rules, if you don't get your kids immunised then your childcare benefit payments get cut because you are a poopy bad parent!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/30171755/no-jab-no-pay-laws-pass-parliament/#pause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
uh, no peg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

dingo django bingo gently caress you op

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Come by parliament house later mate, we're burning a giant effigy of Jenny McCarthy.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Good

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
good.. same for drug tetss IMO if you drug test postiive you shouldn't get welfare dollars. In fact you should never get welfare dollars at all, just vouchers for staple foods

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I've never seen someone with an anime profile picture ever say anything worthwhile

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i have avatars off so im not sure which of the fags who loves welfare itt has the anime avatar.. but i say kill him/her/it

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Childcare benefits are different from welfare but yeah maybe you're right

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

peanut posted:

I'm unironically in support of exactly this.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gently caress the ROW posted:

i have avatars off so im not sure which of the fags who loves welfare itt has the anime avatar.. but i say kill him/her/it

It's you

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

good.. same for drug tetss IMO if you drug test postiive you shouldn't get welfare dollars. In fact you should never get welfare dollars at all, just vouchers for staple foods

It's probably not obvious to people outside Australia but you can be earning a substantial amount and still receive childcare benefit/childcare rebate. Childcare rebate isn't means tested and if you have one child you can earn $150,000 per year before childcare benefit cuts out. These payments aren't "welfare" in the conventional sense because they overwhelmingly benefit working families.

There have been financial incentives used to promote vaccination here before, but the existing situation allowed for religious exemptions. This will go a step further and actively penalise those who don't vaccinate, although in higher income brackets the penalty will have little impact because the income lost will be a very small proportion of overall family income.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

as long as we're killing ppl that love welfare debit cards or dollars... there's sacrifices to be made probably, but i doubt its me (avatars off)

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

as long as we're killing ppl that love welfare debit cards or dollars... there's sacrifices to be made probably, but i doubt its me (avatars off)

It's you

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

The Bible posted:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

The Bible posted:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I hope anti vaxxers all get the plague and don't take too many smart people with them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LethalGeek posted:

I hope anti vaxxers all get the plague and don't take too many smart people with them.

most of the anti-vaxxers were vaccinated in like the 60s and poo poo "against their will!", it's their kids who're gunna get the plague and die because their parents are loving dumb and kids don't like needles anyways so they aren't gunna realize they're potentially going to die/crippled by obsolete diseases that we've successfully eradicated over half a century ago.

also the sad thing is anti-vaxxers are typically more conservative, but there's almost just as many liberal ones too so it pretty much transcends politics into a realm of batshit crazy

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 24, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Better than drug testing programs

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

whooooooo

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Between this and the new Mad Max I think Australia is pretty cool now.

That's just crazy, wow, what's wrong with me???

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Did they stop the boats yet

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96drQkfpPI

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

fookin lebbos

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
They're called dollarydoos OP.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my child was kidnaped by the government and received a forced vacinnation. he died 1 minute later of an overdose of toxins. the autopsy report said that he was swimming with free radicals. i give talks now profesioanly

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

good.. same for drug tetss IMO if you drug test postiive you shouldn't get welfare dollars.
they tried this in florida and caught no one and it turned out that the dickhead that made is mandatory owned (sorry his wife and totally not him owned) the testing facilities that raked in all the money

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

peanut posted:

They have machines that shoot the vaccine into your skin the needle is going a little too far in this day and age.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

peanut posted:

:agreed: anti vaxx, anti tax, anti fag retards are a greater threat to are freedom than terrorists

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
drat. As if Australians aren't bad enough on their own as it is, now they'll all be autistic as well.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
how can you tell

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

farkin marngrel carnts

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014
You guys are way late: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_Revolt

quote:

To eradicate smallpox, Cruz convinced the Congress to approve the Mandatory Vaccination Law (October 31, 1904), which permitted sanitary brigade workers, accompanied by police, to enter homes to apply the vaccine by force.

Riots begun, then:

quote:

After the government resumed control, the vaccination process was restarted, resulting in smallpox eventually being eradicated from the city. The international medical community at large regarded Dr. Cruz' efforts in the affair with considerable sympathy: in 1907, the 14th International Congress on Hygiene and Demography in Berlin awarded him their gold medal.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'd even vote for Trump if he could make this happen.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
This is a really good thing and should be universal. Parents shouldn't even get a choice. Doctors just immediately vaccinate kids at checkups with our without permission.

This made my morning.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peanut posted:

This would be cool and good. I'd also accept deporting them to polio island though.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

The Bible posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

smash all australians with hammers until they stop

• Locked thread