Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty hard to gently caress up telling jokes over a bad movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jukeboxblues posted:

It's pretty hard to gently caress up telling jokes over a bad movie.

Yet somehow Joel has been doing it for years.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Frog Act posted:

i love joel and i think he was funnier than mike tbh. mike's shithead politics don't help how i feel about him in general either though a lot of people seem to think he was the better host

gently caress off

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Jessica Chobot plays Joel in Robot Theater Science, it's on Patreon right now if you want to toss them a few bucks

ummmm dude those arent words

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hmmmm this funny man is telling funny jokes about funny movies...but then again UGH he's a RETHUGLICAN

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hmmmm this funny man is telling funny jokes about funny movies...but then again UGH he's a RETHUGLICAN

its okay when a man does it of have you learned nothing in school?? men own.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
just so you know its really dumb to care about a comidian's personal beliefs or to care about anything for that matter

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Felicia Day is testament to the true nature of gender dynamics. Men must suffer to create culture and organization, and only when men suffered and led the way do women join as followers. Case in point: Nerd culture.

Consider how Comic-Con began. A bunch of low social status males created gatherings to celebrate material which allows them to fantasize and escape. These gatherings are derided as the worst of low status geek behavior by the broader culture.

Yet these dudes persist, and these gatherings grow and grow through the decades and eventually end up attracting mainstream attention.

Only then do women flock to it!!

Likewise, Felicia Day's embrace of nerd culture is another data point in the fact that it's men who build civilization and its structures, and that women merely follow but rarely innovate and build structures and organizations that attract men.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

starry skies above posted:

Felicia Day is testament to the true nature of gender dynamics. Men must suffer to create culture and organization, and only when men suffered and led the way do women join as followers. Case in point: Nerd culture.

Consider how Comic-Con began. A bunch of low social status males created gatherings to celebrate material which allows them to fantasize and escape. These gatherings are derided as the worst of low status geek behavior by the broader culture.

Yet these dudes persist, and these gatherings grow and grow through the decades and eventually end up attracting mainstream attention.

Only then do women flock to it!!

Likewise, Felicia Day's embrace of nerd culture is another data point in the fact that it's men who build civilization and its structures, and that women merely follow but rarely innovate and build structures and organizations that attract men.

-Scott Adams

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Frog Act posted:

i love joel and i think he was funnier than mike tbh. mike's shithead politics don't help how i feel about him in general either though a lot of people seem to think he was the better host

Joel was more consistent. Mike's best episodes were much better than Joel's best episodes, but Joel had at least a few good laughs in each show while Mike could go a season and a half without an actual joke to be found. Felicia Day is okay though, because the skits were always annoying poo poo so at least they're maintaining continuity.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Frankenstyle posted:

Joel was more consistent. Mike's best episodes were much better than Joel's best episodes, but Joel had at least a few good laughs in each show while Mike could go a season and a half without an actual joke to be found. Felicia Day is okay though, because the skits were always annoying poo poo so at least they're maintaining continuity.

I think you've got Mike and Joel reversed because with a few exceptions (Manos, a couple others) there are no jokes in any of Joel's episodes.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
A Joel/Mike flamewar on the internet in tyool 2015. Its like usenet all over again!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
mikes personal beliefs are good and right actually.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Uncle Wemus posted:

look i know she got briefly involved during gamergate but it is possible to dislike her for reasons outside that

She was on Supernatural a few times, and someone described why lots of people don't like her as, "she speaks like the internet." She was also on the final season of Buffy.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I don't think she's a very good actor but how has no one mentioned the new host is some guy from the lovely nerdist show and is gonna be even worse than her. It's like the unfunny parts of the internet threw up onto their kickstarter. Next they'll announce Will Wheaton as the new TV's Frank.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

TheJoker138 posted:

For a while he was doing some not-MST3k stuff. It was like Rifftrax but with them on screen in silhouette. It was some of the most painfully unfunny poo poo I've ever watched, even worse than his MST3K run. It seems like he's still more in the "let's all just improv and it'll surely be funny" camp as opposed to Rifftrax "we should probably actually write things before recording this" side of things. And he is still wrong and terrible just like he always has been.

Thank god I'm not the only one. I remember watching it back when I was a kid and missing the into/first sketch and catching the episodes back when the movie had started and wondering why some of them really sucked. Then they would go back to the sketch and I'd find out, "oh, Joel is doing this one. . . best to just not watch it and wait for a Mike episode to come on".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Turkey Day marathon:

http://mst3k.com/events/turkeyday15

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Was this girl in my romance stories with Dean and Sam the monster hunters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
It was just announced that Patton Oswalt will be Felicia Day's sidekick, TV's Son of TV's Frank.

• Locked thread