Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

good morning thread. what a day to crawl a dungeon ##vote imgay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player has devoted themselves to Makhleb.

Lynches will not occur until D1 starts.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

drat. so much for the D0 turbo

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

A player has devoted themselves to Xom.

show yourself, servant of chaos

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I am hugely upset that RuPaul is not an option. If I can't be a drag queen, then which deity should I serve if I want to be a ginormous slut?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

I am hugely upset that RuPaul is not an option. If I can't be a drag queen, then which deity should I serve if I want to be a ginormous slut?

no gozag either, what the hell kind of shenanigans is this god list

saaaaaaaam :argh:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
BTW the links for Ashenzari, Chiebrados and Vehumet are borked -- the first two are just misspelled urls, not sure about the third.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player has devoted themselves to Dithmenos.

Fixing links.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm the most intelligent and celebrated adventurer in the world - Dick Dawkins

The orb of zot is just a rock, there is no such thing as magic. All we have is out rationality.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was tempted to add in Gozag and give a paypal link with which you buy powers with real money.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone Awful! posted:

no gozag either, what the hell kind of shenanigans is this god list

saaaaaaaam :argh:

would gozag let me be a huge skank? i'm currently in the market for a skank-oriented deity

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

would gozag let me be a huge skank? i'm currently in the market for a skank-oriented deity

contrary to what modern organisations would have you 'believe' there is no requirement on woshipping an 'entity' or 'god' or 'magic space cloud' for you being a skank or otherwise. Fly on sweet SiV, skank up to your mind's content, secure in the knowledge that you have control over everything in your life, skank related or otherwise.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gozag is the god of holla holla get dolla so I think he'd approve

or ely, the god of love and peace and poo poo but that's for hippies. nobody worships ely even though she has a friendly quokka at her altar

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

contrary to what modern organisations would have you 'believe' there is no requirement on woshipping an 'entity' or 'god' or 'magic space cloud' for you being a skank or otherwise. Fly on sweet SiV, skank up to your mind's content, secure in the knowledge that you have control over everything in your life, skank related or otherwise.

your militant atheism is really revving my now-slutty-entirely-by-free-will motor over here :bigtran:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone Awful! posted:

Gozag is the god of holla holla get dolla so I think he'd approve

or ely, the god of love and peace and poo poo but that's for hippies. nobody worships ely even though she has a friendly quokka at her altar

awwwwwwwww quokkas

do not discount hippies. hippies are all about drugs and sex and flowers and poo poo. ely sounds like a good time to me.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

don't drink unidentified potions, siv

they might be mutation and then your body will fall apart and it will take you 10 turns to read this thread scrolls :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

do not discount hippies. hippies are all about drugs and sex and flowers and poo poo. ely sounds like a good time to me.

:hf:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I think you will find that you should always drink the purple.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also a player has devoted themselves to Vehumet.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Do I need to know anything about this game to play?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have the utmost respect for all people, but seriously, if you worship a fairy being called 'Vehumet' then you deserve all the bad things that will ever happen to you.
Let's start stringing up dudettes and dudes alraedy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Anything you need to know is behind the links in the list of gods. You should go play Crawl though, it owns.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I think you will find that you should always drink the purple.

dick dorkins needs to eat the purple so he can rapidly evolve out of this thread ayyyy

if it's anything like actual crawl, we'll all die before lair anyway

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

I have the utmost respect for all people, but seriously, if you worship a fairy being called 'Vehumet' then you deserve all the bad things that will ever happen to you.
Let's start stringing up dudettes and dudes alraedy.

At least Vehumet is spellable, how do you worship a god you can't pronounce like Kikubaaqudgha

also jiyva isn't on this list, boycott ssv

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if the nemelex worshiper claims i will always do what they say. i am a big fan of nemelex's choice, you see.

I actually don't have a problem with Kiku but nexoqecs can get hosed, in more ways than one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I fixed the fact that Zin appears twice on the list. The second appearance has been replaced with Sif Muna.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

nemelex's choice

is that like sophie's choice, or

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
or... what?

Are you threatening the great human adventurer, dick dawkins??????????????

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like I should share my recently completed spanish homework with this thread. http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Yd4u9UqBNn

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

or... what?

Are you threatening the great human adventurer, dick dawkins??????????????

your disbelief will only lead you to ruin, my child

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys I have this cockatrice corpse and a fireproof blanket, are these things going to help here?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player has devoted themselves to Sif Muna.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

SirSamVimes posted:

Anything you need to know is behind the links in the list of gods. You should go play Crawl though, it owns.

Oh no I started playing! Haven't gotten past the tutorial but I seriously need to not start a game right now I have way too much work to do.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also can someone tell me how to eat my rat meat? It rotted before I could and the game keeps telling me I'm hungry

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
you can only eat chunks when hungry or below with most races. Also a typical crawl game for me lasts about three minutes so don't worry about having enough time to play until you actually get good at the game.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
(i'm not good at crawl)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Also can someone tell me how to eat my rat meat? It rotted before I could and the game keeps telling me I'm hungry

You can only eat chunks (stuff you butchered from a creature) when you're Hungry or lower, and they rot away eventually. So just kill another thing and butcher it if it drops a corpse. Some corpses are inedible for reasons though, kobolds are an early example.

There's also permanent food like fruit and bread/meat rations that doesn't rot, you can eat those whenever

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i play webtiles on cbro a lot, does anyone else play crawl online? i like spectating people

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
as a strayan i play on CPO. but generally only play in tournaments nowadays. I am about 4/however many races there are into becoming a GreatWanderer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player has devoted themselves to Okawaru.

• Locked thread