Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The only SA forum I regularly read. Looking good, feeling good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Facts is a funny dude and a good mod and he reminds me of when kewpuh did stuff

stoutfish posted:

free smoothrich imo

yes please bring back the mentally ill racist man with the YouTube where he explains that Hitler did nothing wrong with the voice of a retarded person

Actually I was being sarcastic but I've sold myself on it, being back the retarded racist man

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I like gogey

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

:blush: h-hi there

i like your av

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Games might be the most easily trolled forum outside of D&D, and if we banned everyone who made someone sad there would only be two posters left: me and the OP of the Soccer Spirits thread.

This forum needs a "survived xxx bullshit reports" score in the posting gloryhole that gets reset with each probation and ban

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ettin is the sole mod of TG and the Game Room.

In this case I like to read your avatar

as a variation on :getin: even if I know that may not be your feeling towards Ettin, TG or Game Room.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't wait for the dating sim / erotic games subform so we have a place for bioware games

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

I can't wait for the dating sim / erotic games subform so we have a place for bioware games

The steam thread is already the date sim thread.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

limaCAT posted:

This forum needs a "survived xxx bullshit reports" score in the posting gloryhole that gets reset with each probation and ban

In this case I like to read your avatar

as a variation on :getin: even if I know that may not be your feeling towards Ettin, TG or Game Room.

I probably survived the most reports

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

most likely

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Black Baby Goku posted:

Who survives a permaban is probably SA Jesus already. :cheers:

Can we have BBG as GBS moderator?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Keep up the good fight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

limaCAT posted:

Who survives a permaban is probably SA Jesus already. :cheers:

Can we have BBG as GBS moderator?

D&D moderator

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Eonwe posted:

D&D moderator

Deal.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I posted this last year as well:

Whenever something going on is not discussion based and more interaction based, like watching a speedrunning charity event or watching EVO, is it worth having a subforum built for that? It seems like an easier way to draw attention to those events for people who are already there to peruse other games' events. And it shifts some of the redundant megathreads apart (ie the two huge DOTA2 threads: one for the game itself and one for watching pro matches).

Just a thought.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I support the creation of a topical subforum for the FF5 Fiesta every year

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there's barely enough traffic for a thread for most of those charity events, i have no idea why you'd think there's enough traffic for a subforum

i mean sgdq/agdq is the only one that might have enough going on to warrant more than 1 thread but even then, have a shitposting thread and a seriousposting thread, wipe hands, done

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Its more like SGDQ, AGDQ, EVO, ESL, all LOL/DOTA/CSGO pro threads, etc etc.

As more games start having pro leagues with streams, do you want more threads in games or a separate listing?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Always post more threads.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Zurreco posted:

Its more like SGDQ, AGDQ, EVO, ESL, all LOL/DOTA/CSGO pro threads, etc etc.

As more games start having pro leagues with streams, do you want more threads in games or a separate listing?

with the exception of the pro threads none of the things you just mentioned are on at the same time so they're not going to fill out a subforum, and in the case of the pro threads that just means you have two threads instead of one for a specific game

this already happens all the time for basically any game that has official modding tools, it's not a big deal at all

to be real though, i tend to laugh all day when people say 'DO WE NEED A NEW THREAD/FORUM FOR X?' brother if you actually need a thread/subforum for x there won't be a question. x will be competing so hard for bandwidth in the venue it's currently in that people won't be asking, people will be telling you a new thread/forum needs to be made and they won't be alone. until you hit that point you're just going to be dooming a bunch of subjects to inattention death because you have yet another listless thread or plodding forum where nothing happens.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zurreco posted:

I posted this last year as well:

Whenever something going on is not discussion based and more interaction based, like watching a speedrunning charity event or watching EVO, is it worth having a subforum built for that? It seems like an easier way to draw attention to those events for people who are already there to peruse other games' events. And it shifts some of the redundant megathreads apart (ie the two huge DOTA2 threads: one for the game itself and one for watching pro matches).

Just a thought.
I am fine with people just posting threads. Those sorts of threads will get a lot of traffic when they're happening and drop off when they're not, which is fine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Weren't last years AGDQ threads on the podcast subforum in any case?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there was one in Games too, and also one in imp zone

each thread was tailored for the community that was most likely to visit it

the system worked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Put a eSports subforum in the sports forum.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Coolguye posted:

to be real though, i tend to laugh all day when people say 'DO WE NEED A NEW THREAD/FORUM FOR X?' brother if you actually need a thread/subforum for x there won't be a question.

I mean, do you really think that Blizzard games need their own subforum? Move WoW to MMO and all you have is HotS, Diablo, Overwatch, and Starcraft.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Never not post threads

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I don't really get why there's still a blizzard subforum

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

I don't really get why there's still a blizzard subforum
It generates more reports than every other Games subforum combined and Incoherence is a martyred saint.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Put a eSports subforum in the sports forum.

Lmao please do this.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Lmao please do this.

There'd only be like five threads, right? Pro cs, Dota, league, Starcraft, Other shooters...?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I think you can start lots of threads with the latest juicy cyber athlete drama. I'm sure a bunch of them are really into dogfighting and spousal abuse.

Ekster fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 27, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There could be threads about your favorite esports athletes, foods to eat while watching esports, and ways to get cozy and comfortable watching esports. Hell theres subforums for just one sports (football, soccer if i recall correctly), and esports encompasses all sorts of sports.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It generates more reports than every other Games subforum combined and Incoherence is a martyred saint.

Yeah, figured it was for containment purposes.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
there's more people browsing the blizzard subforum right now than the car forum and its motorcycle subforum combined

in related news, there is an entire subforum for talking about motorcycles, and i guess a dozen people who read it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

There'd only be like five threads, right? Pro cs, Dota, league, Starcraft, Other shooters...?

A weekly viewing thread for various FGC tournaments, as well. A thread for sharing classic moments in eSports, maybe some threads about the history of various scenes, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The soccer forum is just a bunch of people pretending to be British and saying You wot mate? Phwoar what a strike. for 28 hours every weekend. So I don't see how an eSports forum would be any different except everyone would pretending to be black.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

All I know is black people love them anime fighters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ekster posted:

All I know is black people love them anime fighters.
'YO ASUNA ONLY GOES FOR THAT BLACK DICK NOW' - a thing i heard shouted in a youtube video once

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I'll try to photoshop more jokes, I wish there was more photoshops.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

redwalrus posted:

I'll try to photoshop more jokes, I wish there was more photoshops.

make a trhead dedicated to photoshopping a specific topic, like what GBS did back when photoshop threads were popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am in favor of Games-related photoshop or whatever creative threads, if people make them I will encourage them. Let's just keep it good-GBS instead of bad-GBS.

• Locked thread