Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

momerath posted:

so the dude's being charged with murder but they're protesting that it wasn't fast enough??

Prolly something about a years time, witnesses memory/locations now, deleted evidence, cover ups/story straightening, etc. just guessin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

momerath posted:

so the dude's being charged with murder but they're protesting that it wasn't fast enough??
It was over a year ago and they went through great lengths to cover it up, including destroying evidence and witness intimidation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's gonna be back on the street with in a year. There's no way to prove the murder was premeditated. Charges aren't gonna stick inked they try him for Murder 2 as well or something.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

momerath posted:

Well you see, the way it works is that if a white cop shoots a black man you get to protest no matter what the outcome.

If they let the cop go, you protest because the cop is getting away with murder.

If the find the cop guilty of murder, you protest because a cop murdered someone.

It's a riot/riot kind of situation.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knight posted:

It was over a year ago and they went through great lengths to cover it up, including destroying evidence and witness intimidation.

Stuff could have changed in that period of time to where the cop didn't kill the guy though. Like they permanatly ended his life but zombie tech made a huge come up. Or the cops got angry he wasn't dead enough and dug up his corpse and shot it a few more times.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

Daedra posted:

in my controversial opinion he should not have been shot

xD i needed this post

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

Prolly something about a years time, witnesses memory/locations now, deleted evidence, cover ups/story straightening, etc. just guessin

am i ignorant to think murder charges take quite a long time to process and investigate especially when it's a police officer?

when did everyone learn about this by the way? i'm so baffled by the protests

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Nah.

You don't even know what it is and you're calling it 'the #1 bad decision drug' lol. It's a disassociative.

So yeah some people take way too much and trip out but odds are they were whackos anyway because thousands of people do PCP all the time with no issues. Cough syrup is a disassociative meaning Robitussin can have the same general effects as PCP at a high enough dose.

A much worse decision is taking some random research chemical you know nothing about.

I never hear about people drinking cough syrup taking off their clothes and fighting cops. I think at this point in the game given what we know, any cop who shoots someone on pcp gets a free pass and maybe a medal.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

General pop for murdering cop

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

momerath posted:

am i ignorant to think murder charges take quite a long time to process and investigate especially when it's a police officer?

when did everyone learn about this by the way? i'm so baffled by the protests

non-cops get charged very quickly as a rule. as in, days. not a year.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ashgromnies posted:

non-cops get charged very quickly as a rule. as in, days. not a year.

Maybe, when it's on film they...wait

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe cops should be allowed to do pcp to even the playing field, get that superhuman negro slave descendant strength, then they can't claim an advantage from the other guy being high on pcp.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

Maybe, when it's on film they...wait

yes because when it's not on film they cover for each other and the prosecutor never even has a reason to consider charging them

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ashgromnies posted:

yes because when it's not on film they cover for each other and the prosecutor never even has a reason to consider charging them

The video they showed was brutal and does show a murder. Unless new evidence arises the cop is most definitely going to get the book thrown at him.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

The video they showed was brutal and does show a murder. Unless new evidence arises the cop is most definitely going to get the book thrown at him.

haha

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

momerath posted:

noted celeb likely-murderer OJ Simpson was charged 4 days after the murder of his ex-wife took place. not 400 days.

there wasn't any video showing him killing people in cold blood, either.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

oh right I forgot this is Chiraq.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ashgromnies posted:

noted celeb likely-murderer OJ Simpson was charged 4 days after the murder of his ex-wife took place. not 400 days.

there wasn't any video showing him killing people in cold blood, either.

and he only got away with it because he was rich and could hire good lawyers

so to get away with murder be a rich cop and no one can touch you

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Moridin920 posted:

just because they grew up and became neocon sellouts doesn't make them any less garbage

why would that make anyone "less garbage"

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

He spent his fortune on his legal defense to the point where he got arrested later for trying to repo his old memorabilia.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

He spent his fortune on his legal defense to the point where he got arrested later for trying to repo his old memorabilia.

and then ge went to jail because he couldn't afford an all-star legal team?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

He lost the civil trial brought against him, which is what forced him to sell off everything.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Kilmers Elbow posted:

He was skipping down the middle of the street with a knife looking like he was in GTA. Was he on drugs?

e: lol someone gave this freak a gun and badge....

They have a cave troll

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Reap my taint with a glock!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

He won because the jury thought DNA was voodoo science.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
The cop should be made an example of imo

But I'm not sure why people in that poo poo hole city aren't questioning why a 17 year old was high on drugs and wondering around at night with a knife?? Seems kind of problematic that the kids actions and decisions aren't phasing the Chicago black community

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

JB50 posted:

He won because the jury thought DNA was voodoo science.

Yah also the cops hosed the chain of custody up on the blood. Also who can forget that memorable tagline "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit"

OJ "Juice" Simpson owns

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

I hate yankees posted:

The cop should be made an example of imo

But I'm not sure why people in that poo poo hole city aren't questioning why a 17 year old was high on drugs and wondering around at night with a knife?? Seems kind of problematic that the kids actions and decisions aren't phasing the Chicago black community

chicago is a shithole with little to no control and a horrendously educated population i think

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's been reported that the cop was friends with Infamous KKK Leader Sam Hyde on facebook.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Ben Smash posted:

So happy I just applied to the CPD. Going to be a lovely time to serve.

"Serve" is a fun word that makes it sound like you aren't being overpaid for a job that isn't even that dangerous compared with other driving-centric jobs

Kilmers Elbow posted:

He was skipping down the middle of the street with a knife looking like he was in GTA. Was he on drugs?

e: lol someone gave this freak a gun and badge....

Lol I legit thought that was a selfie of the BK manager who complained about the police deleting incriminating video footage from his store

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

I never hear about people drinking cough syrup taking off their clothes and fighting cops. I think at this point in the game given what we know, any cop who shoots someone on pcp gets a free pass and maybe a medal.

you never hear about someone smoking sherm and chilling at home watching TV, either.

Haverchuck posted:

why would that make anyone "less garbage"

well presumably now they at least shower/wash more than when they were in full hippy swing

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Yah also the cops hosed the chain of custody up on the blood. Also who can forget that memorable tagline "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit"

OJ "Juice" Simpson owns

yeah but a public defender an average poor person would have got wouldn't jump on any of that poo poo. it takes time and resources and a public defender aint got either for your broke rear end

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol i think i made the white supremacist mad

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
p disrespectful to van zandt imho

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm white surprimisist

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
thats nice

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

School Nickname posted:

If cops are so poo poo scared of knives maybe they should all wear chainmail and start strutting around like the City Watch in Game of Thrones. It'd look pretty cool.

To be fair, the young black man with a knife is known to viciously maul people for no reason, and he might have been rabid, the officer reacted accordingly, any smart person understands this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

To be fairer it's probably okay for a police officer to shoot a man with a knife. It's certainly not okay, for the police officer to reload and shoot the man again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
well if you see me running around the city swinging a knife I'm just doing cool ninja moves to impress ladies. I mean you no harm

• Locked thread