Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm, OP.

I will be fulfilling my patriotic duty to spend my well earned greenbacks on trivialities to distract me from life's drudgery.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Iron Crowned posted:

The only reason I ever went out on Black Friday was because I have insomnia, and it was nice to have somewhere to go at 3am instead of the usual staring at the ceiling and trying to sleep.

Don't lay in bed for more than 20 minutes at a time. If you're struggling, get out of the bedroom and read a book or do sudoku or w/e until you're actually tired. You need to learn to associate your bed with actually being asleep, not lying awake.

*The More You Know*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pththya-lyi posted:

Don't lay in bed for more than 20 minutes at a time. If you're struggling, get out of the bedroom and read a book or do sudoku or w/e until you're actually tired. You need to learn to associate your bed with actually being asleep, not lying awake.

*The More You Know*

Eh, I'd usually move to the couch and listen to the BBC World service until 5 when my alarm went off. I have medication for it now, so it's pretty rare anymore.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Pththya-lyi posted:

*The More You Know*

Gee what a simple solution I'm sure no insomniac has ever tried this

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I was going to go out and buy a sweet TV tomorrow, but the weatherman is calling for a quarter inch of ice by the time the stores open up. I don't want to die to save $200 on a TV!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Besides, a couple of years ago I wandered into Best Buy around 4am and picked up Seasons 1-4 of Breaking bad for like $30, so it wasn't like I was unproductive

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I was going to go out and buy a sweet TV tomorrow, but the weatherman is calling for a quarter inch of ice by the time the stores open up. I don't want to die to save $200 on a TV!

You unamerican piece of poo poo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Gee what a simple solution I'm sure no insomniac has ever tried this

You'd be surprised

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Pththya-lyi posted:

*The More You Know*

Have you tried closing your eyes?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Is 8am a good time to show up at Target if they open at 6pm. I want a WiiU. Also reading about the crush zone or whatever is making double think duct-taping a ziplock bag to my leg to pee into.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

The Silver Snail posted:

Is 8am a good time to show up at Target if they open at 6pm. I want a WiiU. Also reading about the crush zone or whatever is making double think duct-taping a ziplock bag to my leg to pee into.

I think 5am would be safest, and I wouldn't worry about the urine thing. There are going to be a lot of people straight up pissing where they stand, so it's not like you're going to avoid getting wet in any case. May as well be your own urine first, that's what I say.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to goto Best Buy tomorrow morning and park in the most primo space then wire my car to have the reverse lights on and then just leave it there through Saturday with a real doll in the drivers seat.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

A misanthrope posted:

drat man my school sucked compared to yours

in my high school robots were probably considered a sin in the eyes of the lord

I'm lucky to have a principal who thinks:

A. Kids need to understand and use technology. 10 of the 20 most in-demand jobs right now did not exist when my students were born. (Think about this. right now, the peak of cell phone technology is either the iPhone 6s or the Samsung Galaxy S6. A five-year-old today will grow up in a world where these cell phones are the worst pieces of crap they will ever use. When they are in college, they will post threads about lovely old technology and they will laugh at the old folks who used to think those phones were great.)

B. Science is a very important subject for kids to master and STEM (including robotics) will help kids develop an interest in science.

Part of the reason my principal is like this is, like only 1% of principals, he was a science teacher before going into admin. He also taught with me about 20 years ago, and encourages me, because he likes my style of teaching.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ghlbtsk posted:

On one end of the spectrum you have retailers like REI who decided that they're going to be closed on BF this year so you can be with your family, go for a hike, etc.

cool for them but who the gently caress wants to shop at REI ever? lol if my family suggest going for ah ike after thanksgiving dinner. just lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol. a loving hike.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

cool for them but who the gently caress wants to shop at REI ever? lol if my family suggest going for ah ike after thanksgiving dinner. just lol

A friend of mine likes to go camping so he goes to rei

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

A friend of mine likes to go camping so he goes to rei

is he your boyfriend cause he sounds gsy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

is he your boyfriend cause he sounds gsy

No, he has a gf

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

No, he has a gf

Are you his gf you gay?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smelly Bohemian posted:

Are you his gf you gay?

What!? No! I'm not gay, why would you think that I am? Do I type gay or something?

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What!? No! I'm not gay, why would you think that I am? Do I type gay or something?

you type totes gay you loving gay

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smelly Bohemian posted:

you type totes gay you loving gay

Well I'm straight so the problem is on you, toots

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Silver Snail posted:

Did you know you can buy things through the internet now? Here's a handy link for you: http://m.target.com/p/nintendo-wii-u-deluxe-set-includes-splatoon-and-super-smash-bros/-/A-50043479

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Smelly Bohemian posted:

I'm cumming blood now, out of my eyes

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP I don't know why you're so fagged off about Amazon drones since that means one more worker who can spend time with his family

Because he's out of a job

• Locked thread