Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm not saying we should replace the 1-5 voting system we currently have. But what if we were to add MORE voting systems to help people appropriately rate threads? Like we could add a plus/minus system like reddit and also put a simple like vote like Facebook.

So when we are reading a high quality thread we could vote it a 5, give it a plus vote and then like the post as well.

That way we could truly express our opinions about the quality of threads through clicking buttons and not having to reply to the threads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

voted 1

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this is a great idea and i wholeheartedly support it

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
I want to zip up my pants and poo poo on your head

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Not a very slick baby IMO, voting thread 2. Appreciate the effort at trying to change things up a bit, but the idea is absolute dogshit though and OP should be ashamed for himself and his entire family (including ancestors), for even broaching the possibility.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTH3gUfEhlQ

because this is what happens

Queen of Beans
Jun 15, 2007
you are right, there does need to be a faster way to get rid of lovely threads like this.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we should all just......post our dicks!!!!

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

replace the 1-5 system with a 1-100 system for more accurate voting

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Well if yur gonna be that way about it I'm voting a 4

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bring Back The Digg Button

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

That would involved messing with the status quo so no thanks.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

then we could use our dicks as a rating system. Good job Orkin Mang. :)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if we could vote with symbols. Like this thread a ¥ and another thread i could rate a #

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

literally came here to post this.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

More? We dont even need 2,3,4! It's voted one or five golden manbabbies, or nothing fucko! Get with the minimalist 2..0 times!!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukeboxblues posted:

then we could use our dicks as a rating system. Good job Orkin Mang. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1CB0sVL5U

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wedemeyer posted:

More? We dont even need 2,3,4! It's voted one or five golden manbabbies, or nothing fucko! Get with the minimalist 2..0 times!!

Im voting that we only have 2 and 4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wedemeyer posted:

That's what gives us the average rating though. That's what sets it apart from a simple +/- system.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Isaac posted:

Im voting that we only have 2 and 4

youre a drunk monster

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

youre a drunk monster

Help om being docksed

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Wedemeyer posted:

I rarely vote a thread 1 or 5. A thread needs to be extremely clever or funny to warrant a 5 IMO, or it needs to encourage pedophilia or pedersaty to garner a 1 from me (which is unusually common in GBS sadly). usually I vote 2 or 3 myself.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha. So true. Thanks for sharing. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Isaac posted:

Help om being docksed

:laffo:

but seriously, i vote this thread a 99. out of 9,900.

• Locked thread