Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

its crazy how there used to be the big war between mario and sonic. I was really too young to be involved proper, but i imagine it must be a huge victory for Mario fans. I mean think about it, they diss your hero(Mario) and appear to beat him and it sucks. Then out of loving nowhere the entire company becomes bankrupt and literally all of your rivals that remain (sonic fans) become mentally ill freaks who want to gently caress plushies.

Pretty incredible victory if you think about it. Guess the lesson is dont gently caress with Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imagine an alternative timeline where Sonic won. Chilling stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Super Mario (PS3/Dreamcast Praxis, 2006)

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
sonics whole gimmick is that he "goes fast" and really when you think about it, thats symbolic of the sonic series yeah sonic burst on to the gaming scene and took control but he ran out of steam like a sprinter while mario just patiently kept plodding along and you know ultimately video games are a marathon not a sprint really makes you think. welp thanks for reading :)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

That would be some weird poo poo OP.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

sonics whole gimmick is that he "goes fast" and really when you think about it, thats symbolic of the sonic series yeah sonic burst on to the gaming scene and took control but he ran out of steam like a sprinter while mario just patiently kept plodding along and you know ultimately video games are a marathon not a sprint really makes you think. welp thanks for reading :)

That's a good point OP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aesop's The Hedgehog and the Italian

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

It would be hosed up if I had to play muh jumpmans (MARIO) on Ps3. That' some loving weird and scary poo poo right there. Scarier than Slenderman even.:iit:

e: okay not that scary.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

a fate worse than death

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Super Mario (PS3/Dreamcast Praxis, 2006)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553404370

imagine a world where all the mascots like bubsy survived

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

when you fully charge the p gauge, you can take off and fly

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553404370

imagine a world where all the mascots like bubsy survived

Super Gex Galaxy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It would be hosed up if I had to play muh jumpmans (MARIO) on Ps3. That' some loving weird and scary poo poo right there. Scarier than Slenderman even.:iit:

e: okay not that scary.

it's a little scary 2 me, the worlds's #1 mario fan in the 45-60 age bracket

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

drat....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've got two skill points in iron maiden baby. Use iron golem, don't say maybe. I'm just a cursing necro baby, like you.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mario '06.... i cant comprehend this horror

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I thank God every day that I live in the Nintendo timeline.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait crap wasn't it blood golem with IM before that one patch... Sorry everyone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I really should of remembered considering I spent all of 4th to 6 th grade daydreaming about being home and watching thousands of cows slaughter themselves trying to slap my blood golem around.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I prefer to call it the war of nintendo aggression

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

I thank God every day that I live in the Nintendo timeline.

so what's the atari timeline like

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ET was a huge success and is the video gaming icon of an entire generation

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

What would they call the Sonic version of Mario Maker?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sonic Shaper

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

BoredDG posted:

What would they call the Sonic version of Mario Maker?

Sonic Maker. You're kind of slow, aren't you?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Goddamit, another loving level which is just an infinite number of loops

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I was going to say something about sonic fans being degenerates but the op already covered it.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

Bolverkur posted:

Mario '06.... i cant comprehend this horror

I cannot imagine Miyamoto and the gang having a meltdown that extreme. It's unthinkable.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mush Man posted:

I cannot imagine Miyamoto and the gang having a meltdown that extreme. It's unthinkable.

I am pretty sure the non-Nintendo timelines involves something ugly happening to the guy

we are talking Sega-hired assassins

Gunpei's death was no accident

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
whatever happened to crash bandicoot? in truth, nobody cares.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gex, Bubsy, Glover, Crash...RIP to those who have fallen.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
*says a prayer for aero the acrobat*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Gex, Bubsy, Glover, Crash...RIP to those who have fallen.

Bubsy is back

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i seriously wish they'd make a new Glover game

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what do they call sonoic in france? sonic le hedgehog? lol anyway i am out see ya guys later imp zone

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Action Tortoise posted:

*says a prayer for aero the acrobat*

I remember watching my cousin play that like, poo poo, a lot of Thanksgivings ago

It was boring garbage and the only game we had and we never made it past the first level

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

AtlasToked posted:

i seriously wish they'd make a new Glover game

Glover was epic

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
socket for genesis? or vectorman...??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
now that i thought about it and watched a video vectorman seems way ahead of its time

• Locked thread