Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Sit/Start Thread Codex:

1. DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS!! Unless it's Thursday Night. Then maybe sit them. Maybe.
2. Note your league's scoring: PPR? 4 or 6 pt TDs? ESPN vs. Yahoo? etc.
3. Keep it short.
4. Try to answer other people's questions. That way everyone gets some feedback.

I'll start.

Yahoo .5ppr 6ptd
QB:
Hoyer Vs NO
Brady @ DEN
TE:
Graham Vs PIT
Gillmore @ CLE
Just need one of each, current picks bolded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
At this point in a standard ESPN league, do you just drop Lynch? I mean even if he does come back before week 17 surely he won't be a reliable start with a.) the injury and b.)Rawls performance meaning he'd steal a wealth of touches even if Lynch came back.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Would I be insane to bench Tom Brady in favor of Brian Hoyer this week?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Vargo posted:

Would I be insane to bench Tom Brady in favor of Brian Hoyer this week?

I'm thinking the same thing.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I feel like a crazy person, but with the lingering injury, Sproles putting up a decent week last week and his matchup this week I'm not sure. 1 PPR ESPN league.

Forte vs GB
Sproles vs Det

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chill Penguin posted:

Sit/Start Thread Codex:

1. DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS!! Unless it's Thursday Night. Then maybe sit them. Maybe.
2. Note your league's scoring: PPR? 4 or 6 pt TDs? ESPN vs. Yahoo? etc.
3. Keep it short.
4. Try to answer other people's questions. That way everyone gets some feedback.

I'll start.

Yahoo .5ppr 6ptd
QB:
Hoyer Vs NO
Brady @ DEN
TE:
Graham Vs PIT
Gillmore @ CLE
Just need one of each, current picks bolded.

Oooooo this is an interesting one. Typically you never bench Brady, but he's going against the best defense in the league with an injured WR corps and Hoyer has the Saints. I'd probably roll with Hoyer. I'm starting Hoyer too. But if he blows it, I'm blaming you and coming for you, Chill Penguin.

I'd probably roll with Graham over Gillmore because the Ravens have Schaub as their QB.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ouhei posted:

I feel like a crazy person, but with the lingering injury, Sproles putting up a decent week last week and his matchup this week I'm not sure. 1 PPR ESPN league.

Forte vs GB
Sproles vs Det

I want to punch you in the head. Don't sit Forte unless he doesn't play.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BonoMan posted:

At this point in a standard ESPN league, do you just drop Lynch? I mean even if he does come back before week 17 surely he won't be a reliable start with a.) the injury and b.)Rawls performance meaning he'd steal a wealth of touches even if Lynch came back.

He's having surgery so he won't be back for re-drafts. Drop him so some other sucker picks him up purely on name value.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

SeannieDarko posted:

He's having surgery so he won't be back for re-drafts. Drop him so some other sucker picks him up purely on name value.

Word will do.

Also off topic but where does that avatar come from? I see a million people with it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Word will do.

Also off topic but where does that avatar come from? I see a million people with it.

I think it's the new stupid baby avatar. I need an avatar.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PPR, pick 2

Latavius Murray
Jonathan Stewart
Spencer Ware
Giovani Bernard

Pick 3 if you think it'd be better than VJax in the flex.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

SeannieDarko posted:

Oooooo this is an interesting one. Typically you never bench Brady, but he's going against the best defense in the league with an injured WR corps and Hoyer has the Saints. I'd probably roll with Hoyer. I'm starting Hoyer too. But if he blows it, I'm blaming you and coming for you, Chill Penguin.

I'd probably roll with Graham over Gillmore because the Ravens have Schaub as their QB.

Fair enough, although I'm pretty sure you're the dude I told to start Douggie Baldwin against Arizona. Regarding Gillmore, do you disagree with the sentiment going around that Schaub will be leaning heavily on him?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chill Penguin posted:

Fair enough, although I'm pretty sure you're the dude I told to start Douggie Baldwin against Arizona. Regarding Gillmore, do you disagree with the sentiment going around that Schaub will be leaning heavily on him?

drat. Okay you get one pass!

I just don't trust Schaub or anyone on that offense now. Do you need a home run or just some consistent points?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

0 ppr, ESPN standard

QB:
Bortles
Romo
Hoyer (would need to snag him off the wire)

I am tempted by Hoyer, would likely drop J Matthews for him. Bortles has had a rough mid year and Romo is facing the Panthers. (If it helps I started with Luck and Stafford, both of whom are hanging out on the free agent wire now.)

WR2/ Flex:
James Jones
Amendola
Rishard Matthews
M. Bryant
Dez

Rawls
Gio Bernard
(Could swap a RB in for Frank Gore at RB too.)

I am leaning James Jones at wr2 because I am a Packers fan and that secondary looks weak. Amendola is rough with the rest of the Pats receiving core injured. Matthews is fine but it's not PPR and he has been disappointing. Dez has huge upside possibility but the Panthers D scares me. Bryant is great but second fiddle in that offense. Am I crazy to pick Jones even though he's not the lead WR in his offense? Would Dez or Bryant be better?

At flex I am leaning Rawls just because he has been running really well when he gets carries. Gio is pretty dependable, and I am tempted to pop him in at RB 2 in lieu of Frank Gore since Luck is out and the colts looked atrocious. I imagine J. Stewart will stay my RB 1. Are any of my WRs better plays? I don't imagine so but I am bad at this.

If it matters, I need to win to stay in playoff contention. I am in a three way tie for third in an eight team league (6-5), with playoffs starting week 14, so I need to win this week and next to cinch a berth, or put up crazy points to have a chance at the tie break. (I am behind the other two tied teams in points for)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^ I agree with everything. Drop Matthews for Hoyer, start Jones & Rawls

Yeah, I need home runs all around. I'm in close contention with two other players for the 6th playoff spot, and they play each other this week so if I can win then I should be set. Our point totals are all very close, too.

For WR2, DSJ vs NYG or Hurns Vs SD? My opponent is starting Robinson

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

1PPR:

Eddie Lacy vs Chicago on TNF

or

Blount @ Denver SNF

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Yeah, I need home runs all around. I'm in close contention with two other players for the 6th playoff spot, and they play each other this week so if I can win then I should be set. Our point totals are all very close, too.

For WR2, DSJ vs NYG or Hurns Vs SD? My opponent is starting Robinson

I like Hurns there.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Ty1990 posted:

1PPR:

Eddie Lacy vs Chicago on TNF

or

Blount @ Denver SNF

I still like Blount. Lacy had a good run last week, but I can't see him keeping that up on a short week schedule.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Arcturas posted:

0 ppr, ESPN standard

QB:
Bortles
Romo
Hoyer (would need to snag him off the wire)

I am tempted by Hoyer, would likely drop J Matthews for him. Bortles has had a rough mid year and Romo is facing the Panthers. (If it helps I started with Luck and Stafford, both of whom are hanging out on the free agent wire now.)

WR2/ Flex:
James Jones
Amendola
Rishard Matthews
M. Bryant
Dez

Rawls
Gio Bernard
(Could swap a RB in for Frank Gore at RB too.)

I am leaning James Jones at wr2 because I am a Packers fan and that secondary looks weak. Amendola is rough with the rest of the Pats receiving core injured. Matthews is fine but it's not PPR and he has been disappointing. Dez has huge upside possibility but the Panthers D scares me. Bryant is great but second fiddle in that offense. Am I crazy to pick Jones even though he's not the lead WR in his offense? Would Dez or Bryant be better?

At flex I am leaning Rawls just because he has been running really well when he gets carries. Gio is pretty dependable, and I am tempted to pop him in at RB 2 in lieu of Frank Gore since Luck is out and the colts looked atrocious. I imagine J. Stewart will stay my RB 1. Are any of my WRs better plays? I don't imagine so but I am bad at this.

If it matters, I need to win to stay in playoff contention. I am in a three way tie for third in an eight team league (6-5), with playoffs starting week 14, so I need to win this week and next to cinch a berth, or put up crazy points to have a chance at the tie break. (I am behind the other two tied teams in points for)

I would probably do:

Romo
Rawls
Jstew
WR1 that you didn't disclose?
Dez Bryant
Martavis Bryant

Dez recently got Romo back and if you don't know this, Dez Bryant is a loving god. Martavis Bryant is also really good, has Downtown Tony Brown to draw attention from secondaries and has Big Ben back. Rawls is your actual RB1 now, I'd say. He's a good player on a good running team. As far as the QB thing goes, Bortles is okay but I wouldn't ever start him over Tony Romo who just put up good numbers in really bad weather after not playing for two months. Hoyer could outperform Romo just by virtue of Deandre Hopkins The God but I think you have a safer floor with Romo and the Romo > Dez thing will help you out too.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Yahoo standard
Stafford vs Phi
Eli @ Was
or pick up Hoyer vs NO

Since playoffs are coming up I no longer give a poo poo about rostering 3 QBs or whatever

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I would probably do:

Romo
Rawls
Jstew
WR1 that you didn't disclose?
Dez Bryant
Martavis Bryant

Dez recently got Romo back and if you don't know this, Dez Bryant is a loving god. Martavis Bryant is also really good, has Downtown Tony Brown to draw attention from secondaries and has Big Ben back. Rawls is your actual RB1 now, I'd say. He's a good player on a good running team. As far as the QB thing goes, Bortles is okay but I wouldn't ever start him over Tony Romo who just put up good numbers in really bad weather after not playing for two months. Hoyer could outperform Romo just by virtue of Deandre Hopkins The God but I think you have a safer floor with Romo and the Romo > Dez thing will help you out too.

Thanks. My WR1 is Odell Beckham Jr. And you think the Panthers will let Dez/Romo put up a bunch of points? That's just what makes me nervous about either of those two.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think anyone can cover Dez and I don't think the Panthers have faced an OL quite like the Cowboys'.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Yahoo standard
Stafford vs Phi
Eli @ Was
or pick up Hoyer vs NO

Since playoffs are coming up I no longer give a poo poo about rostering 3 QBs or whatever

Hoyer or Eli

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Pick pretty much my whole lineup - 1 PPR

Starting:
Ivory
Buck Allen
Flex - Chris Johnson
Hilton
Aiken

I'm really not comfortable starting Aiken with the Flacco injury, I could move things around and use any of:
Hill, Snead, Hurns, Ware

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Josh McCown vs Philadelphia or
Tannehill on Sunday @ NY Jets

Normally I'd be starting Tannehill but idk Philadelphia sucks big ones

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Alman posted:

Josh McCown vs Philadelphia or
Tannehill on Sunday @ NY Jets

Normally I'd be starting Tannehill but idk Philadelphia sucks big ones

You mean Stafford vs Phi? McCown is playing Baltimore

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
I really need the win this week and he has Rawls.
4PaTD, 0 PPR

Pick 2:

Brees @ HOU
Hoyer @ NO
Big Ben @ SEA
Romo @CAR

Pick 3:

DMC @ CAR
Yeldon @ SD
D Williams @ SEA
Miller @ NYJ

THANK YOU!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. BT posted:

I really need the win this week and he has Rawls.
4PaTD, 0 PPR

Pick 2:

Brees @ HOU
Hoyer @ NO
Big Ben @ SEA
Romo @CAR

Pick 3:

DMC @ CAR
Yeldon @ SD
D Williams @ SEA

Miller @ NYJ

THANK YOU!

Brees, Ben, Not Miller

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
Well, this past weekend my RB corps went from one of the strongest in my league to the worst. With Charcandrick West questionable, would it be better to start

PPR 6PPTD
Jeremy Langford @ GB or Theo Riddick vs. PHI?

I got burned last week from Lynch not playing and I can't afford a goose egg if I want to clinch a playoff spot, so I'd imagine that Riddick is the best option since there's no guarantee that Langford will get enough reps to make it worthwhile to play him. Other RBs are Latavius Murray, West, and Lynch.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeah I would start both over Tannehill.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
^ Tannehill has been a big ol disappointment this year, I'm leaning this way as well but it feels so weird to start a Cleveland QB

Sorry meant McCown v Baltimore

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Brees, Ben, Not Miller

You wouldn't pick Hoyer against NO?

He'd be a real high reward i would think unless the NO coach firing really does help.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Styliferous posted:

Well, this past weekend my RB corps went from one of the strongest in my league to the worst. With Charcandrick West questionable, would it be better to start

PPR 6PPTD
Jeremy Langford @ GB or Theo Riddick vs. PHI?

I got burned last week from Lynch not playing and I can't afford a goose egg if I want to clinch a playoff spot, so I'd imagine that Riddick is the best option since there's no guarantee that Langford will get enough reps to make it worthwhile to play him. Other RBs are Latavius Murray, West, and Lynch.

Lynch is droppable, so go find a lottery ticket or see if Spencer Ware is available. Otherwise Riddick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

You wouldn't pick Hoyer against NO?

He'd be a real high reward i would think unless the NO coach firing really does help.

It's really a toss up. If you're high on Hoyer go for it, but remember that NO is coming off a bye and there's a lot of uncertainty there. I would prefer Ben based on weapons and floor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Pick pretty much my whole lineup - 1 PPR

Starting:
Ivory
Buck Allen
Flex - Chris Johnson
Hilton
Aiken

I'm really not comfortable starting Aiken with the Flacco injury, I could move things around and use any of:
Hill, Snead, Hurns, Ware

Hurns is a must start for you. I would start Ware over Allen if West is out.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
ESPN standard
Bills D @ KC
or
Denver D v. NE

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NickRoweFillea posted:

ESPN standard
Bills D @ KC
or
Denver D v. NE

Ouch. I would say Denver. NE was held to 17 points, is really suffering from injuries, and I consider Denver to have a better defense than Buffalo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm playing the 1st place team this week and am currently in 3rd. I need to win my next 2 games to have a chance at a first round bye.

My team is decently stacked, but i really have no idea who to bench

Full PPR

Demaryious Thomas
Antonio Brown
Dez Bryant
Devin Funchess

Todd Gurley
Charcandrick West
Thomas Rawls
LeGarrette Blount
Spencer Ware
Ahmad Bradshaw

Pick 2 WR 2 RB and a flex

With Charcandrick West injured I am starting Gurley and Rawls with Dez in the flex. I don't really like Dez Bryant's matchup with Josh Norman, i think i would bench him if Charcandrick plays, but i'm not sure about Ware.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ouch. I would say Denver. NE was held to 17 points, is really suffering from injuries, and I consider Denver to have a better defense than Buffalo.

My only hangup is that ole Ted Bradley plays out of his mind against Peyton teams, regardless of who's starting, but I think you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Denver D or Cincinnati D?

• Locked thread