Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PPR, pick 2

Latavius Murray
Jonathan Stewart
Spencer Ware
Giovani Bernard

Pick 3 if you think it'd be better than VJax in the flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Arcturas posted:

0 ppr, ESPN standard

QB:
Bortles
Romo
Hoyer (would need to snag him off the wire)

I am tempted by Hoyer, would likely drop J Matthews for him. Bortles has had a rough mid year and Romo is facing the Panthers. (If it helps I started with Luck and Stafford, both of whom are hanging out on the free agent wire now.)

WR2/ Flex:
James Jones
Amendola
Rishard Matthews
M. Bryant
Dez

Rawls
Gio Bernard
(Could swap a RB in for Frank Gore at RB too.)

I am leaning James Jones at wr2 because I am a Packers fan and that secondary looks weak. Amendola is rough with the rest of the Pats receiving core injured. Matthews is fine but it's not PPR and he has been disappointing. Dez has huge upside possibility but the Panthers D scares me. Bryant is great but second fiddle in that offense. Am I crazy to pick Jones even though he's not the lead WR in his offense? Would Dez or Bryant be better?

At flex I am leaning Rawls just because he has been running really well when he gets carries. Gio is pretty dependable, and I am tempted to pop him in at RB 2 in lieu of Frank Gore since Luck is out and the colts looked atrocious. I imagine J. Stewart will stay my RB 1. Are any of my WRs better plays? I don't imagine so but I am bad at this.

If it matters, I need to win to stay in playoff contention. I am in a three way tie for third in an eight team league (6-5), with playoffs starting week 14, so I need to win this week and next to cinch a berth, or put up crazy points to have a chance at the tie break. (I am behind the other two tied teams in points for)

I would probably do:

Romo
Rawls
Jstew
WR1 that you didn't disclose?
Dez Bryant
Martavis Bryant

Dez recently got Romo back and if you don't know this, Dez Bryant is a loving god. Martavis Bryant is also really good, has Downtown Tony Brown to draw attention from secondaries and has Big Ben back. Rawls is your actual RB1 now, I'd say. He's a good player on a good running team. As far as the QB thing goes, Bortles is okay but I wouldn't ever start him over Tony Romo who just put up good numbers in really bad weather after not playing for two months. Hoyer could outperform Romo just by virtue of Deandre Hopkins The God but I think you have a safer floor with Romo and the Romo > Dez thing will help you out too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think anyone can cover Dez and I don't think the Panthers have faced an OL quite like the Cowboys'.

• Locked thread