Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Oh, sorry, I forgot.

I feel a modern day samurai class would make for a good glass cannon type of deal.

Is there a facepalm smilie? I want one now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What if we called them street samurai?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

Is there a facepalm smilie? I want one now.

Look, you don't have to be so hard on yourself. Just because I came up with the idea first doesn't mean you can't use it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

CapnAndy posted:

What if we called them street samurai?

Why did it go from "let's make a good game" to " let's make this as awesome as possible by putting things which are cool randomly together"?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I didn't read this thread but my idea is take out the in-between mission stuff like base management because i hate it. please include my name in the credits

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

What if we have a class called Steel Tiger Shinobi

they would be a modern day ninja-type class

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

They would have electromagnetic shuriken, to tie into what facts is working on

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What if it was in a highschool setting and instead of alien invaders it could be a rival school? I think everyone can identify with high schoolers more than space army guys and you could still keep that modern setting.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

A game without gunkata: a shameful game.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i have a great idea for a class based on cavemen from the distant future, pm me for details junpei

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i went back and read the thread and it's just goons telling the same jokes as the Barkley 2 thread. shame, could have turned the industry on its head ....

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ughhhh! Get Facts back in here, he's my right hand man!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Junpei posted:

Ughhhh! Get Facts back in here, he's my right hand man!

i'd hate to meet the Left .... haha, just some playful ribbing folks. we have fun

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I hate facts.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I think you should be able to customize the way the soldiers look. It's very important for me as a player to be able to think my fighters are unique.

Maybe there could be some kind of hat system? Like if you unlock certain achievements, you get special hats for your army.

What do you think?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PotatoManJack posted:

I think you should be able to customize the way the soldiers look. It's very important for me as a player to be able to think my fighters are unique.

Maybe there could be some kind of hat system? Like if you unlock certain achievements, you get special hats for your army.

What do you think?

Stop ripping off TF2.

oddium posted:

i'd hate to meet the Left .... haha, just some playful ribbing folks. we have fun

Junpei Hyde, you are my left hand man. Enjoy yourself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

PotatoManJack posted:

What do you think?

This could be part of an incredibly lucrative microtransaction system if done right.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Junpei posted:

Stop ripping off TF2.

That's like, the devil's hand or something. I don't think that's a good thing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

Sweet, promotion! All y'all better step up your game if you want to climb the corporate ladder.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Sweet, promotion! All y'all better step up your game if you want to climb the corporate ladder.

Facts outranks you, as do I.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

Facts outranks you, as do I.

Yeah, but Facts Are Useless.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, but Facts Are Useless.

Hey, don't make me summon Tristmegistus on you!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

New idea: Units of the samurai class speak only in haiku. For example:

Autumn leaves falling.
Like fresh alien entrails
I'm gay as hell, man.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Initiating override.
Please think of three variations on Heavy-Assault-Support-Sniper.
Explain what each variation does, as well as weapons used.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you want us to think of the ideas, you're going to have to learn to code.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Samuraliens

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Heavy sniper

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Light sniper

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
How about Sniper Support, Assault Sniper, Support Assault, and Heavy Support?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There you are! Hyde, meet your boss. Facts, meet your subordinate.
Also, Support-Medic.
Focuses on keeping the team alive, gaining bonuses to healing with medkits, the ability to use more per mission, and giving healing recipients bonuses to stats.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Junpei posted:

Initiating override.
  • Russian (Heavy)
    - Weapons used: Bazooka, AutoBazooka
  • Japanese (Assault)
    - Weapons used: Katana, Dual Revolver(s)
  • French (Support)
    - Weapons used: None
  • American (Sniper)
    - Weapons used: Sniper Rifle

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

Initiating override.

Alright.

Heavy 1: Fat samurai. Uses katanas (and possibly naginatas if you want variety) Low movement due to being fat as hell, but can take a lot more hits than most units. A special ability could involve them rolling around like a katamari?

Heavy 2: THE YETI. Recently uncovered from the Arctic, the humble yeti uses its own claws as weaponry. They'd be slanted more towards offense and obviously would have high cold resistance. Perhaps as a nod to Umaro they could throw other units? Imagine launching the fat samurai...

Heavy 3: OP's MOM LOL

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

SLAMuraliens

with pogs

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Alright.

Heavy 1: Fat samurai. Uses katanas (and possibly naginatas if you want variety) Low movement due to being fat as hell, but can take a lot more hits than most units. A special ability could involve them rolling around like a katamari?

Heavy 2: THE YETI. Recently uncovered from the Arctic, the humble yeti uses its own claws as weaponry. They'd be slanted more towards offense and obviously would have high cold resistance. Perhaps as a nod to Umaro they could throw other units? Imagine launching the fat samurai...

Are you even trying to be serious?
Look at my own idea, and try something more like it.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Junpei posted:

well said

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Still waiting for that kickstarter link OP

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei posted:

OK fine, geez.

Your dad can be in the game too.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
I feel like having the Penetrator from the Saint's Row games would add immersion and a sense of realism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think there's a market for an XCOM with a more Christian spin. Perhaps set in the End Times? The invasion narrative would fit well within the Apocalypse framework i think.

Edit: Please don't threadshit, trying to be helpful here

• Locked thread