Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hm i wonder how johnny manziel will console himself after getting this bad news *smash cut to jff livestreaming store brand pork rinds down his gullet while watching mike-and-trace-beaulieu-era mystery science theater* *smash cut back to peter griffin* i should really figure out what livestreaming means LOIS: peateh whaddya talkin about???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

Frackie Robinson posted:

He's an all time great college football player, and whatever he does in a different sport or in his personal life won't tarnish that legacy.

This is probably completely correct in Texas. And there he will live on like the silver spoon laden oil king that his family has created, but everywhere else, he will always be:

(a stupid little bitch, if it wasn't clear)

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It will be Cool and Good when Manziel ends up on the Cowboys and doesn't play (because they have Tony Romo, who is also Cool and Good) while Greg Hardy is still starting because Jerry Jones is a husk of a man who's moral compass was never really there to begin with.

It would be really Lame and Bad if Manziel ended up on the Texans, did okay-to-crazy good things on the field, and stayed out of trouble (because JJ Watt set up a tent with motion sensors and a tranq gun to stop him from going anywhere besides home + football places).

It will be Vaguely Disappointing when Manziel rides this season out on the bench, wins the starting job next preseason on the Browns, but is then rebenched because a picture surfaces of him enjoying a cool crisp Bud Lite at a Browns' donor event.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The idea of Romo not missing 4 games a year is hilarious.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

v2vian man posted:

hm i wonder how johnny manziel will console himself after getting this bad news *smash cut to jff livestreaming store brand pork rinds down his gullet while watching mike-and-trace-beaulieu-era mystery science theater* *smash cut back to peter griffin* i should really figure out what livestreaming means LOIS: peateh whaddya talkin about???

Dude just wants to watch some Samson vs the Vampire Women. Classic lucha libre cinema can be hard to come by.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
What bar did manziel go to in austin? Guessing rio

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chromatic posted:

The rich prick who always got his way that we all knew in high school/college is throwing away his golden opportunity and leaving a legacy of foolishness and laughter.

schadenfreude. num num num.

i was at this game

it owned

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Jerry now more willing to trade for Manziel.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Goodell should extend the trade deadline specifically for JFF to Dallas

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MonsterWalk posted:

Johnny Manziel is a loving dummy who might be an average quarterback and at this point, I'd be fine if he was traded tomorrow. When he owns, he owns but too often, he does not own, very often he sucks poo poo. Sometime his ownage overshadows the fact that he's a silver-spoon-having, oil-future-holding, fast-driving, video-making, son of a Texan. And honestly, we should have know. gently caress everything from Texas. Shiner Bock sucks.

It took Terry Bradshaw 5 years to turn into a decent qb. He was even benched the year the Steelers won their 1st SB

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I love JFF and still believe in him. gently caress. All y'all infidels

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The moron lied to his employers, then called his friends and told them to lie too.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It took Terry Bradshaw 5 years to turn into a decent qb. He was even benched the year the Steelers won their 1st SB

Oooooooooooo this is an apt comparison.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

The moron lied to his employers, then called his friends and told them to lie too.

That's awesome and just Johnny being Johnny right

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Manziel owns.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
JFF to cowboys feels inevitable. I still wanna see him play, I'm totally indifferent about the video or him lying about it. I think his problem is trying to appease all these groups of people by pretending to be something he isn't.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Wanvig posted:

You tellin me you haven't done the same?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Wanvig posted:

He was probably drunk at the time, no biggie.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
something about his goddamn smile in his headshot just makes me think of "what, me worry?"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MonsterWalk posted:

Oooooooooooo this is an apt comparison.

my point is that it's too soon to tell!

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

The Big Jesus posted:

You tellin me you haven't done the same?

oh poo poo you're right

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're all a little bit Johnny

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many people tut tutting JF for lying to his employers have never taken a sick day for a movie/vidyagame/party/hangover/extended her off session?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Did they swear to their employers they'd never take a sick day again or have their friends back them up, because otherwise this really isn't comparable at all

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I wonder how many people tut tutting JF for lying to his employers have never taken a sick day for a movie/vidyagame/party/hangover/extended her off session?

I'm doing that tonight and I support jff doing it too.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Both Manziel and RG3 would have had longer careers if they had come to Texas and played safety

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Chromatic posted:

The rich prick who always got his way that we all knew in high school/college is throwing away his golden opportunity and leaving a legacy of foolishness and laughter.

schadenfreude. num num num.

You just don't understand, this is who he is, a free spirit who loves to party and have fun, he has a joie de vivre you just can't find in other spoiled, talented twentysomethings. So what if he has been recorded driving drunk while hitting his girlfriend and there's a 911 call and dash cam to prove it? I hope he plays for Dallas so I can finally root for them again, ever since they signed that piece of poo poo Hardy they have been an embarrassment.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ehud posted:

the first time I saw manziel play was against the gators, I think it was actually his first college game ever now that I think about it

A&M had just joined the SEC and this was their first game against a conference opponent

i remember watching him scramble around all over the place and poop all over our defense in the first half

i remember thinking "either we are dumb and bad or this manziel guy is really good"

i was right

No, you were not. You would have had to change the word "or" to "and", then you would have been right

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Bump bc JFF rules

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Manziel dumb, but the browns aren't an organization known for patience. Pettine must remember what happened to Chud and there's no way that doesn't influence his decision making.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Manziel is the Namath to Wilson's Starr. Dump this sobriety bullshit and let him do rails in the Dallas locker room with Dez. Guarantee that team can make the playoffs every season.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

v2vian man posted:

He strikes me as a fan of Danger: Death Ray! personally.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There was a pretty good Peter King article - I know, bear with me - that followed Carson Palmer as he prepared for the Browns game. It gives you an idea of the level of committment required to play quarterback in the NFL. Someone like Manziel will never make it because the Namath approach doesn't work in this day and age. Basically you need to be 100% committed to your craft 247 to succeed.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

This is why guys like McCown and Derek Anderson hang around forever even though they stink. They're professionals that coaches can count on to put the work in.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Manziel is an entitled fuckup and you should hate him, if not because he's a prick, then because he's bad at real football.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

go3 posted:

Both Manziel and RG3 would have had longer careers if they had come to Texas and played safety

They wouldn't have been drafted. See what happened after Mack's last year.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I'm willing to give Johnny the Mouth another chance because I believe that people sometimes need to screw up a little before they become beautiful shining stars.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I love me some JFF and would love nothing more for him to succeed, pissing off sports talk radio along the way.

I also look forward to him being cut by the Browns so I can get his merchandise on the cheap.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Browns jerseys should have velcro letters and numbers

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

NC-17 posted:

There was a pretty good Peter King article - I know, bear with me - that followed Carson Palmer as he prepared for the Browns game. It gives you an idea of the level of committment required to play quarterback in the NFL. Someone like Manziel will never make it because the Namath approach doesn't work in this day and age. Basically you need to be 100% committed to your craft 247 to succeed.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

This is why guys like McCown and Derek Anderson hang around forever even though they stink. They're professionals that coaches can count on to put the work in.
2 things.
1) This article and the referee article from last year are why Peter King is so infuriating. He has more access than anyone in the NFL and when he uses it he can create great content, but instead he sits around talking about coffee and meandering through 10k words saying nothing.

2) I absolutely agree with you. The commitment required to play quarterback is like nothing else in sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Manziel will be subbed in on the 4th quarter and drop a Hail Mary 80 yard pass and win the game then do a line of cocaine on live television.

• Locked thread