Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who shall serve as First Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea?
This poll is closed.
Kim Jong-un, may his infinite wisdom and charisma carry us ever onward toward productive glory! 16 57.14%
Kim Jong-un, may his infinite wisdom and charisma carry us ever onward toward productive glory! 12 42.86%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this could be 2-1 to whoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
I've got Benson 2-1 so far

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Awkward timeout.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
benson's conditiioning is inhuman

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Love Masvidal playfully patting Henderson's head while he's up against the cage.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
benson using the cage to kick off and secure that takedown was pretty neat. it didn't turn into anything but

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
gotta say bendo's done really well to negate masvidal's reach on the feet by circling constantly

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Masvidal is gonna lose unless he ends this, which I don't see happening.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if nobody finishes this i don't care who wins. i don't care what the commentators are saying but masvidal could absolutely be winning this

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I tentatively have it 2-2, but the judges could be anywhere. They both need to go for a finish

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
at best this is 2-2 masvidal and winning the fifth against bendo seems hard

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is a good fight.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I have no idea who won. Scores could be anything but 50-45

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

incredibly insanely high-level. i've got that 48-47 eaither way i don't give a poo poo

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that was a good and cool fight that i enjoyed

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Flip a coin. Masvidal deserves props, though, for maintaining a good enough level of stamina through five.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
I'm gonna make a shot in the dark and say split decision Benson, with one judge saying 4-1, because why not

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
lol

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
classic bendo

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
All three are good scores lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fifthace posted:

I'm gonna make a shot in the dark and say split decision Benson, with one judge saying 4-1, because why not

huh.

49-46 either way i wouldn't care. that was crazy.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I'm fine with that. Those 3 scores (48-47 both ways, 49-46 Henderson) were the 3 most likely scores, and we got 1 of each

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

welterweight bendo loving owns

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
My loving internet died right as the interviews started, did anything funny/good happen aside from interviewing the loser first?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good card, good crowd, please come back for akiyama's 41st birthday so he can lose to the shittiest most unathletic guy at 170

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

K8.0 posted:

My loving internet died right as the interviews started, did anything funny/good happen aside from interviewing the loser first?

bendo yelled something in korean which made people cheer and that's about it

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

"Dudes a bad...butt son of a gun"

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Did he just call out GSP?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

good card, good crowd, please come back for akiyama's 41st birthday so he can lose to the shittiest most unathletic guy at 170

amazing card. i'd like to see akiyama fight a terminally gassed bang at ww. i also wouldn't like to see superboy kill a japanaese

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
that card was somehow worth staying up until 7am for

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Korean Superboy

https://streamable.com/clio

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Fifthace posted:

that card was somehow worth staying up until 7am for

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

amazing card. i'd like to see akiyama fight a terminally gassed bang at ww. i also wouldn't like to see superboy kill a japanaese

he should fight the guy that's going to beat kawajiri in a couple of weeks. he already knocked out ishida so badly (while injured) that it made him retire.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Been awhile since I've seen a slam KO in the UFC and the first fight had one. Cool rear end fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's a shame the UFC took this long to hold a card in Korea. Crowd was pumped and fights were good. The grappling exchange Masvidal and Bendo had late in the fight was cool as poo poo.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
where are the prelims on fight pass? i can only watch the main card. if i type in prelims in the search, it shows me, literally, every other prelims that has ever been except this cards.

edit: you have to choose the main card and then hit the event video tab and choose prelims there. wtf ufc, how convoluted can you make this.

Tyree fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 28, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bell just went on Rd 3 so no idea who won yet but the Sexyama fight is probably the funniest fight in MMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

just before the main event starts i'd like to send a prayer out to joe silva and sean shelby to please not let doo ho choi kill old man kawajiri

google translate on asian languages is like reading entrails, but as best I can figure this tweet -

https://twitter.com/CRUSHER_MMA/status/670594349172830211

means something like "I make money by fighting, I'm not signing a fight with a guy who comes in overweight and is constantly injured"

PaganGoatPants posted:

Been following Masvidal for a while since watching him on Miami Hustle MMA documentary thingy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_L_lH6hdvI

Hopefully he still just does only two things in his life. MMA and CoD.

I'm sure I've said this before but one of my favorite parts of that video series was them cutting back and forth between JZ getting up early to go for a run and drink a smoothie, and Masvidal getting woken up at 1pm by his coach and then making him wait while he has ice cream and a brownie for breakfast.

• Locked thread