Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I recently moved to Denver and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving alone this year, for the first time ever. My loved ones are in Iowa and I was too cheap to spend $500 on airfare to see them, so here I am. Who else out there will be spending Thanksgiving alone? What should we do for maximum enjoyment of this day that won't lead to sadness, depression, and tears?

So far I have alcohol and weed on the list and maybe a box of stove top stuffing. Anything I'm missing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what am i your life coach

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
because id make a terrible life coach, due to my retardation

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Enfield posted:

because id make a terrible life coach, due to my retardation
you could reinforce people to not play with fire

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

symbolic posted:

you could reinforce people to not play with fire

Why would you not want to play with fire? what the gently caress!?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
make some cornbread sausage stuffing - pro tip use your salty tears of loneliness and despair as a handy and free substitute for gravy.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
i just want to say that i feel for you because sometimes my dad spends thanksgiving alone because of his own hangups and its real sad

god bless

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Me!!! I loving love being alone over all the other bullshit. But then, I'm a goon.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I did it last year and it was honestly pretty cool. Just stock up on the essentials--food n booze mostly--beforehand. Goonspeed, gentle goon.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
play fallout 4 even though its a bad game

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Get wasted enough on thanksgiving eve that you skip thanksgiving entirely

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Why would you not want to play with fire? what the gently caress!?
ok, let me rephrase: not to be a dumbass around fire

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im with family op and it owns really hard

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

im with family op and it owns really hard
this is true

except the endless questions about how college is going

that loving sucks

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
op the best thing about life is being with people who love you

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

this is true

except the endless questions about how college is going

that loving sucks

hows college going?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

hows college going?
it's going. have to write two essays over break and revise five so ugh.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

What's your major?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's your major?
professional writing with minors in communications and history

so i don't mind the writing part of essays, but i hate the research portion of them

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

write about all the friends and family your spending the week with that you love and love you, which is super cool and everyone should be experiencing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

write about all the friends and family your spending the week with that you love and love you, which is super cool and everyone should be experiencing
how do i incorporate that into essays about how fascism/communism rose to power in germany and italy/russia, and how controversy over rock and metal music affected American culture?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hey wait a minute, you guys aren't helping at all!

I stocked up at the liquor store tonight and the marijuana store last week, so I am covered on those.

My parents want to skype with me tomorrow so that will be cool and probably weird and awkward since I haven't seen their faces in four months.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

Hey wait a minute, you guys aren't helping at all!

I stocked up at the liquor store tonight and the marijuana store last week, so I am covered on those.

My parents want to skype with me tomorrow so that will be cool and probably weird and awkward since I haven't seen their faces in four months.
uh, go to college, idk

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Just drive to Iowa guy. It's what, 10 hours max?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

how do i incorporate that into essays about how fascism/communism rose to power in germany and italy/russia, and how controversy over rock and metal music affected American culture?

maybe you can compare fascism (bad) to being a lonely idiot on thanksgiving and you can compare communism to having a fantastic thanksgiving dinner with all your family members bringing food for everyone to experience and having a great time

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Bake a pecan pie and then eat it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

what high school do you go to? because you pay money for that? lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

i went to shitsville high school in podunk, fuckallvania

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey dipshit OP, are you a hot girl? that will be very important to how i help you.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

normally id be mad at you for not reading his other posts, but im having such a good time with my family that i cant but smile, have a good day dgsw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

normally id be mad at you for not reading his other posts, but im having such a good time with my family that i cant but smile, have a good day dgsw
dgsw does not like me so w/e

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

i went to shitsville high school in podunk, fuckallvania

thats cool. i have an idea for your thesis if you want i just made it up cause im so clever its "how to waste your life" you could write about your adventures and pretty much everything you are talking about here as well

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

its ok, you cant get hung up on those that dont like you, focus on how much other people love you (like your family)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey op, what's your family doing while your alone in a cold room drunk and high?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Broenheim posted:

its ok, you cant get hung up on those that dont like you, focus on how much other people love you (like your family)
my family does love me so that is comforting

unfortunately they're all asleep so i just have the internet right now

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broenheim posted:

if you love your family so much why dont you marry them

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This Jacket Is Me posted:

Just drive to Iowa guy. It's what, 10 hours max?

It is 10 hours, both ways, no way am I doing that. Have you driven through Nebraska? It is the definition of hell on earth.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

It is 10 hours, both ways, no way am I doing that. Have you driven through Nebraska? It is the definition of hell on earth.
10 hours both ways *without* thanksgiving traffic

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
From experience I advise you all. For dinner you shall have 10 McDonalds Snack Wraps. For dessert you shall have 2 boxes of wine. You will wake up on Friday with a 50$ credit card charge only pointing to a suspicious looking 900 number.

This is your life now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

i actually love you, im just trying to "give you the business" as they say to "thicken your skin" so you dont end up like "broenheim". he is a pathological liar and a sociopath.

• Locked thread