Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjSOcoDJYQg i really dont get it. its really bad spoken word poetry or its just some dumb chick rambling i guess. Is this supposed to be art>? is it supposed to be music? im really confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
you probably haven't heard of it

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

would

Aug 4, 2010

Reminds me a lot of Destroyer. He's got that weird eccentric poetry thing going on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krpcRnxVCmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puu3IvKnSb4

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

if you don't like it don't listen to it? it is 2015

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

i only listen to speed metal

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Grody posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjSOcoDJYQg i really dont get it. its really bad spoken word poetry or its just some dumb chick rambling i guess. Is this supposed to be art>? is it supposed to be music? im really confused

maybe if you didn't fry your noggin' with acid you could still listen to music

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

people still describe things as "hipster" I thought that poo poo died out like 8 years ago

Seriously the only people I hear use the term hipster are rednecks trying to seem less redneck

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

There's a band I love called The Caramel Macciattos that play at a local coffee joint near me in downtown Portland. Theyre pretty good.

Green Hill Friendzone
Oct 27, 2013

Hipster music is different every 6months hth

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
EMA = eat my rear end in a top hat

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

There's a band I love called The Caramel Macciattos that play at a local coffee joint near me in downtown Portland. Theyre pretty good.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Grody posted:

lol at first I thought it was just some random youtube video but it was an actual song I guess

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I mean it's still music you just don't have to like it if you don't want to, op :coffeepal:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Depends on if you mean indy music or just alt rock in general.
Indy music largely sucks. Any band that is any good has a tendency to go mainstream if they keep producing music long enough. If a hipster values a song's obscurity over its other qualities then its a safe bet the song is terrible.
However, many hipsters pride themselves on being tastemakers who are the first to discover something cool, so if you find a hipster who you think has good taste, keep an eye on what he or she likes because they can dig up some real gems sometimes.

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
Can someone link me to a hipster forum? I want to see how these people think

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BelgianWaffle posted:

Can someone link me to a hipster forum? I want to see how these people think

http://forums.somethingawful.com/

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGieOsdhFQk

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Theres a really obscure hipster band youve probally never heard of called The Modest Mouses. You should check them out although they are quite hard to find.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Was NOT expecting that.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5N2ksWwn8U

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
goons are hipsters because they hate everything that is good and popular

and yet they make fun of hipsters :confused:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

for real we had a bunch of goons tripping over theyselves to hate on Fury Road

i will never forgive or forget that

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

A misanthrope posted:

mind, blown

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

A misanthrope posted:

.... Portlandia?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

A misanthrope posted:

Actually I like a lot of popular things

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I love breathing air for example

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ahundredbux posted:

Actually I like a lot of popular things

yeah but what do you think about fury road??

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Sometimes hipster music is music that sounds good but not in a style that has the mass appeal of mainstream pop, other times they forget the 'sounds good' part and just go with the 'not in a style that has the mass appeal of mainstream pop'. It's annoying because I like a lot of what people might consider hipster music but finding good new music often requires sifting through the lovely chaff that bloggers and reviewers peddle in a desperate attempt to be as smugly alternative and niche as possible.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Ahundredbux posted:

I love breathing air for example

just lmao. :c00lbutt:

you should try carbon monoxide

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

A misanthrope posted:

i thought it was boring but i don't have the patience for action movies any more

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ashgromnies posted:

i thought it was boring but i don't have the patience for action movies any more

HIPSTEREREREREERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

A misanthrope posted:

it owns, duh

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

ashgromnies posted:

i don't have the patience for action movies any more

honestly that is why i held off watching that film for so long. but once i actually did i loved it.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Hipster just means 'boring white person' (or boring minority that wishes they were white) so literally all culture except speed metal and paintball art is hipster bullshit.

E: P.S. 'redneck' is just a way for the wimpiest of mousemen to describe 'normal people' hth.

Noun Verber fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 26, 2015

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

Goonism is a response to "cool" people

You see goons secretly believe hipsters are great (because they look up to people who make them feel bad) and are jealous. They see someone making GBS threads on stuff and they believe that to be critical of things is to be superior. So in a sad goony attempt at being superior (goons are white boys who all have inferiority/superiority complexes from being latent white supremacists but also cheeto stained basement trolls) , they try to übermensch the world by making GBS threads all over everything and in their head they think they look like,cool "hipster" kids when really they just sound as defeated and sad as they smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Goonism is a response to "cool" people

You see goons secretly believe hipsters are great (because they look up to people who make them feel bad) and are jealous. They see someone making GBS threads on stuff and they believe that to be critical of things is to be superior. So in a sad goony attempt at being superior (goons are white boys who all have inferiority/superiority complexes from being latent white supremacists but also cheeto stained basement trolls) , they try to übermensch the world by making GBS threads all over everything and in their head they think they look like,cool "hipster" kids when really they just sound as defeated and sad as they smell.

this is a very accurate analysis of the goon mind disease, thnk you

Ahundredbux posted:

it owns, duh

drunk dog posted:

honestly that is why i held off watching that film for so long. but once i actually did i loved it.

you two are not hipsters, congratulations!!

• Locked thread