Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I read Something Awful. I often find myself skipping through tons of effort posts and shitposts. Typically, the writing sucks. I want recommendations for posts on this forum (or whatever forums I can access) with well-written, coherent stories. I won't post this thread in the Creative Convention forum because I've convinced myself that the majority of the 'experts' there have wildly lovely opinions. What makes me think I'll have better luck in GBS? I dunno. Reply to this thread, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im dont sure

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Dear OP, I often ask myself about the meaning of life when pitted against the overwhelming urge to poo poo after eating pounds upon pounds of baked beans. Am I living to poo poo or making GBS threads to live? Am I merely a vehicle of atrocious poop globs or is there something more than shoveling pounds upon pounds of salami and pepperoni into my gaping maw. Am I simply fulfilling my role in life or am I striking out into the universe as a force for good and truth? If I eat enough to need to poop am I growing as a person? Do I not lose my progress when I poo poo? I have to poop, but if I poop I lose what has caused me to grow and therefore find myself fighting the exact thing I'm trying to embrace. So, I ask again, but this time to all of you: are we living to poo poo or making GBS threads to live?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
usually i refer to posting greats such as forums user jeremy mumprehy or the late dad gay, so what however recently i have been reading more into applewhite

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Most people around here type their posts.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Rando posted:

Most people around here type their posts.

Most people here don't find tiny, meaningless errors and post about them to gain some sense of superiority.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course we do!

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Most people aren't as kick-rear end as me.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
let me not then die inglorously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter, the saga of doobies dog housr

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i'll make sure my posts are properly formatted in MLA from here on out thanks OP

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i post therefore im gay

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
grammars are for babies and women. why good grammmarly when sum rear end in a top hat cant fail u???

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the great deceiver posted:

i'll make sure my posts are properly formatted in MLA from here on out thanks OP

gently caress's MLA?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
hhey did you check out my thread about movies? :)

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
the poster Wayne Gretzky has a way with language that somehow hits all the right humour notes, for me.i hope he benefits from it irl somehow

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
That dude who went insane posting about Razer products was amazing.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i met with my postologist today she said im an atypical white noise poster so ill probably never make a good post

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

posts r kinda like art when u think about it op and here u come, gung gung gugn, the soudn of ur sludgey feet slopping all over the fine lineoleium of something awful and ur covered in goop and ur screaming for a good post gung gung gung gimme a good post u say u slimey man trying to project ur ideals and beliefs on the art of others gung gung ur coming to wipe ur grease on the art no stop the gung man and his art ruining gung gung gung nevermore

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

social vegan posted:

posts r kinda like art when u think about it op and here u come, gung gung gugn, the soudn of ur sludgey feet slopping all over the fine lineoleium of something awful and ur covered in goop and ur screaming for a good post gung gung gung gimme a good post u say u slimey man trying to project ur ideals and beliefs on the art of others gung gung ur coming to wipe ur grease on the art no stop the gung man and his art ruining gung gung gung nevermore

yeah that's kind of what i do, it's my entire schtick

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
find and read crawl diary

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
A goon who wants to read? :eyepop:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

nah i don't really want to read but it would make me feel a bit more cultured and refined if the posts I refuse to even skim over before hitting the reply button are quality

Aug 4, 2010

suck it op

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
why dont you do it yourself OP?

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

Gilganixon posted:

SA posts with good writing?

Gilganixon posted:

nah i don't really want to read
jfc

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i has a boner

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dont lie

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i have never read a post in my life

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I can has a boner :engleft:

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I don't really care for good writing

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I guess check out Creative Convention since they like to write stories and critique them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I guess check out Creative Convention since they like to write stories and critique them.

Oh goody! Goons can tell me I'm horrible for communicating!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VendaGoat posted:

Oh goody! Goons can tell me I'm horrible for communicating!

Yeah, but you can critique them back. The door swings both ways, goat.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
honeypot for cryptoeffortposters

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Coolie Ghost posted:

Look at this doofus with his bookwords

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Coolie Ghost posted:

just because you put crrpyto in front of a word doesn't mean it's automatically a scary thing, you have to put it in scare quotes too

this has been a "cryptoshitpost" :spooky:

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Look at this doofus with his bookwords

cramming three words into one word doesnt make it a harder word to think about but i understand how this can be a difficult concept for someone whose only reference point is their own anal gape capacity

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

If you're familiar with the zybourne clock saga and have archives, I believe it was ingwit who had a thread in fyad posting essentially fanfiction, he had some of the best bad writing I've seen.

I mean the kind of intentional bad writing that could only be done by a skilled writer; bad in just the right way to be hilarious. I'm afraid I don't have a link handy on my phone but I may have saved it somewhere. I'll try to remember to find it later.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

If you're familiar with the zybourne clock saga and have archives, I believe it was ingwit who had a thread in fyad posting essentially fanfiction, he had some of the best bad writing I've seen.

I mean the kind of intentional bad writing that could only be done by a skilled writer; bad in just the right way to be hilarious. I'm afraid I don't have a link handy on my phone but I may have saved it somewhere. I'll try to remember to find it later.

I never understood the interest in that zybourne thing. Maybe I'm dumb. Probably

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

The good posts were the ones you wrote all along :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
lol if you don't dictate your posts to your secretary.

• Locked thread