Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Any one who relies on salt to flavor their food just doesn't know how to cook. For gently caress sakes use some actual spices to add flavor instead of just dumping out half a box of mortons on to your food you fat disgusting heart attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ok, OP, you just be wrong

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

1500 mg of sodium equals about 0.75 teaspoons or 3.75 grams of salt per day, while 2300 mg equals about one teaspoon and 6 grams of salt per day.
Fuckers eat that much salt in just their morning eggs

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
hahaha OP clearly got delegated to help grandma in the kitchen for thanksgiving i'll bet

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sitting Here posted:

hahaha OP clearly got delegated to help grandma in the kitchen for thanksgiving i'll bet

nigga I've been happily doing the entire thanks giving meal single handily for the past 3 years. And you know why? Cause no one else knows how to cook. They just know how to throw buckets of salt on food.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
You're an idiot if you don't use salt when preparing food.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i use both salt and spices, OP

sorry about your bad@cooking family though

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure food just exists to act as a vector to get more salt into my body

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
lol if you cook food just wow lmao

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Dumps all the salt on food while staring into your eyes to be a spiteful Dick

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

As long as it's kosher

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
*shakes salt directly into mouth to make up for your bland food*

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aralan posted:

*shakes salt directly into mouth to make up for your bland food*

I'm sorry your little baby pallet can't handle the taste of fresh rosemary and lemon pepper. Let me get you some A1 sauce for your well done steak.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Lol if you think salt is actually bad for you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
You're a loving monster and should be destroyed.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
*reads a couple of books/online recipes*

WOW WAKE UP RETARDS HAVE U HEARD OF CORIANDER? LMAO BASIC

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

better just rub fenugreek on this steak

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Volume posted:

I'm sorry your little baby pallet can't handle the taste of fresh rosemary and lemon pepper. Let me get you some A1 sauce for your well done steak.

Please do, thank you, I'm also going to need more salt because I stuck the shaker up my butt

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm gonna flavor your food by rubbing it on my sweaty balls, OP

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Pallet

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Salt is a component in many staples of food preparation and often you don't need to supplement with actual salt, unless of course you are a lovely chef.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You're supposed to use salt and spices you stupid gently caress. Your food must taste absolutely horrible.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Salt is just fine when you know how much to use and when.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes sir just got the finest cut of T-bone in the shop. Now I could grind up some peppercorn, chop up some garlic, zest a lemon and make a fantastic dry rub...nah gently caress it, give me a pound of salt that's just as good.

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat
I'm sorry that steak, rare, cast iron, salt, butter, and pepper doesn't get your dick hard and you need culantro, lemon, rosemary, and all sorts of other fluff to make your meat rise.

Simplicity and restraint are as essential to cooking as being able to dump your whole spice rack into your salsa chicken.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You're supposed to use salt and spices you stupid gently caress. Your food must taste absolutely horrible.

Volume posted:

Any one who relies on salt to flavor their food just doesn't know how to cook. For gently caress sakes use some actual spices to add flavor instead of just dumping out half a box of mortons on to your food you fat disgusting heart attack

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Volume posted:

Yes sir just got the finest cut of T-bone in the shop. Now I could grind up some peppercorn, chop up some garlic, zest a lemon and make a fantastic dry rub...nah gently caress it, give me a pound of salt that's just as good.

the ol' "people autistically choose one thing over another exclusively" joke haha

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
There is literally no recipe that doesn't call for salt or contain salty ingredients, retard. Even cakes and cookies need salt. All meats and vegetables. Hell, you should be salting and peppering almost every time a new ingredient goes into the pan.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

There is literally no recipe that doesn't call for salt or contain salty ingredients, retard.
Thank you for proving my point

criscodisco posted:

Even cakes and cookies need salt. All meats and vegetables. Hell, you should be salting and peppering almost every time a new ingredient goes into the pan.
Baking is different since the salt actually provides a beneficial chemical reaction but if you're the kind of person who's main flavoring is salt, then you probably don't even know how to work your oven.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
:salt:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
OP do you work at olive garden

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

David Copperfield posted:

OP do you work at olive garden

I refuse to even live in the same town as an Olive Garden

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat
Really OP did a salt miner gently caress your mother though

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'ma salt your meat when your time comes (and I cum shortly after).

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

OP is salty

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
ill brine whatever i want gently caress you

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is this thread OP? Don't ever let me catch you talking poo poo about salt.

Or there will be consequences.

Serious consequences.

OP.

God. Every time I salt a steak to tenderize before throwing it on the grill I'm going to get pissed at you OP.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I carry around packets of salt that I've pillaged from the local fast food restaurants in my shirt pocket. They come in handy when you may need to eat spoiled meat (like roadkill). Also, if you carry around packets of pepper you can pour them on your socks to make search dogs sneeze and throw them off your trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't even understand the point of this thread

why is the OP getting off on pretending to dislike salt, and spreading lies

• Locked thread