Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
how can the op dislike salt when many of his biological processes rely on salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

as a swede i'm pretty sure i'll literally die if i eat something that's less than 3% salt

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

Yes sir just got the finest cut of T-bone in the shop. Now I could grind up some peppercorn, chop up some garlic, zest a lemon and make a fantastic dry rub...nah gently caress it, give me a pound of salt that's just as good.

But you need actual salt as well? Especially with a steak the salt is literally important, not only to bring out the flavor of the steak, but it helps tenderize the loving steak too? I think you are probably a loving garbage chef.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
go easy on the op, he's just a cretin as the result of an iodine deficiency

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But you need actual salt as well? Especially with a steak the salt is literally important, not only to bring out the flavor of the steak, but it helps tenderize the loving steak too? I think you are probably a loving garbage chef.

haha what? Do you not own a tenderizing hammer?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

What am I saying? Of course you don't. You use salt. smh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, do you make your own lemon pepper from scratch? because store-bought lemon pepper is loving loaded with salt.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I don't use a lot of salt, OP. The most salt I use when cooking is salting the water for boiling pasta, but even then im real conservative compared to all my family about salt use. mostly because salt doesnt taste as good as everyone thinks and there are better spices for sure.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

wait, do you make your own lemon pepper from scratch? because store-bought lemon pepper is loving loaded with salt.

It's not that hard to zest a lemon...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

What you're going to buy a really nice t-bone steak and just beat the gently caress out of it with a hammer? You still need loving salt to actually bring out the flavor of the steak. You are a bad cook (and a bad poster).

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
come back when you actually know what flavor is

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

come back when you actually know what flavor is

You should take your own advice.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
How loving poor are you if you cook your own food

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
and honestly if you're just such a manchild that the thought of having to put something into your morning eggs other than salt just seems like climbing mount everest then at least get Mrs.Dash. Even that tastes better than your poo poo salt

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that a small amount of salt can enhance many dishes.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't even understand the point of this thread

why is the OP getting off on pretending to dislike salt, and spreading lies

Like many goons, op is addicted to negative attention because he is too pathetic to even try to desire being admired or loved

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

and honestly if you're just such a manchild that the thought of having to put something into your morning eggs other than salt just seems like climbing mount everest then at least get Mrs.Dash. Even that tastes better than your poo poo salt

You should still put salt in your eggs though? It's okay to use salt, pepper, paprika, and other spices in your eggs. The salt is still important. Why are you so loving dumb?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

hemophilia posted:

mostly because salt doesnt taste as good as everyone thinks and there are better spices for sure.

Actually, you're wrong

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
idiots

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Blow it out your rear end, OP.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
ITT a bunch of goons who literally can't stand food that doesn't taste like their mcdonalds french fries

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oil and salt are like 80% of the food circle

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah I love to try new foods
*unscrews the top of the salt shaker and dumps it all on the bibimbap*
I think it's important to experience new flavors
*Squeezes out an entire bottle of ketchup on it*
I mean it gets old just eating the same thing over and over again
*empties an entire jug of mayo on top*
*takes a bite*
Huh tastes like everything else I've ever eaten. Well you can't win them all.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

op I think you need to relax a little.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ITT Volume's only source of salt is the buckets of cum he sucks down everyday.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

I'm sorry your little baby pallet can't handle the taste of fresh rosemary and lemon pepper. Let me get you some A1 sauce for your well done steak.

Rosemary? Yeah, let's put tiny sticks on our food.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
There is a difference between using salt and using too much salt in cooking dumbass op. Food made with 0 salt would be loving terrible hesus christ... And on thanksgiving no less :cripes:

Hint: you should never ever have to add salt at the table to a properly made dish

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Volume posted:

Mrs. Dash tastes like demonic ejaculate, and gives me similarly bad heartburn. Two things belong on eggs, and that's hot sauce (your choice but salt is mandatory) and salt.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's like you people aren't even aware that you can add other stuff to food besides salt

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

It's like you people aren't even aware that you can add other stuff to food besides salt

Who said you couldn't?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thathonkey posted:

Hint: you should never ever have to add salt at the table to a properly made dish

this is not true. there is not one Standard Amount Of Salt that every tongue responds to in exactly the same way

however, you should never ever have to add more than a small amount of salt at the table

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i prefer msg

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
there is a reaosn recipes say "salt to taste"

salt unlocks all the other flavors and bring them together

i'll die before losing my extra salted butter

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Mrs. Dash tastes like demonic ejaculate, and gives me similarly bad heartburn. Two things belong on eggs, and that's hot sauce (your choice but salt is mandatory) and salt.

You're not wrong about the mrs dash but it's still tastes better than salt. also lol on your "hot sauce and salt" when hot sauce is like half salt by volume. That's exactly what I'm talking about. bunch of amateurs.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AEMINAL posted:

there is a reaosn recipes say "salt to taste"

If you're using a recipe to cook then lol no wonder you salt everything.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
if youre scared of salt just take potassium supplements

edit: ILL CUT YOU MOTHERFUcuker

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i got ya covered OP

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Volume posted:

Yes sir just got the finest cut of T-bone in the shop. Now I could grind up some peppercorn, chop up some garlic, zest a lemon and make a fantastic dry rub...nah gently caress it, give me a pound of salt that's just as good.

reread your posts and imagine someone else is writing them and hopefully you'll realize how insufferable you sound

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

i got ya covered OP

Hell yeah, it seasons ALL food. Xd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

reread your posts and imagine someone else is writing them and hopefully you'll realize how insufferable you sound

psst he's being deliberately abrasive with a wrong opinion

i just don't know why

• Locked thread