Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willias
Sep 3, 2008
hi hello everyone

i just wanted to say that i like this thread and think that goiter is a very sexy disease

thanks and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm sorry, this op is just so incredibly wrong and stupid I had to post about how wrong and stupid it is. I'll now read the rest of the thread and see if anyone else posted this, God bless

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Wicker Man posted:

Salt was a very valuable and highly sought after spice back in the old days. gently caress, it was the only way to preserve food without ice boxes. OP has some kinda hate boner against something that's historically significant.

God bless salt.
sounds very useful fortunately i actually do have a box of ice not being a 14th century peasant and all

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wicker Man posted:

Salt was a very valuable and highly sought after spice back in the old days. gently caress, it was the only way to preserve food without ice boxes. OP has some kinda hate boner against something that's historically significant.

God bless salt.

thats not true, you could smoke things, and dry them to preserve them. also you can eat things that are already rotten, like beer and cheese

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i have an urgent need for OP's opinion on salting water melon

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
he is still in that new stage of learning to cook where he is a snotty rear end in a top hat about it like when someone starts smoking pot and its all they talk about for the next year

though some people never break out of those kinds of mental traps and it defines their whole personality forever lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

ok, OP, you just be wrong

Five loving pages and I only need the first loving response.

This fucko!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I would agree that over salting is a common issue in america but none at all ever seems pants on head retarded and i don't think there is a professional chef in the world that would advocate such an approach.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Salt is good. It makes other spices and herbs even more good. Not too much salt, but just enough to bring out all the flavours.

Don't worry, I have chronic low blood pressure and I'm advised to eat MORE salt.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
soft pallet

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
oh man gently caress this gay thread

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
salt is good and cool but cinnamon with meats and vegetables is an abomination

seriously who ever thought that was a good idea goddamnit i don't want cinnamon in my lamb cous cous

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
This is the worst op I've ever seen.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Raging retarf: I built my deck and Adirondack chairs out of freecycled pallets and pig poo poo! Sorry about the splinters but I'm a loving lifehacker! Pallets!!! Ungh. Ungh. Drink some pallet juice! Ungh.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Germstore posted:

This is the worst op I've ever seen.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
lmao str8 up wrong OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hi im the OP! salt is bad, i am now going to put a halibut fillet RIGHT into the oven no season and all natty and let the natural flavors of the fish shine on through

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Me: Do you even know how to make a pallet deck noob? And your *snicker* sofa looks real comfortable there buddy.

Loser: Teach me.

Me: I don't even use pallets anymore. *walks away*

Loser: :negative:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
OP I bet it your high school was pretty quiet since all the girls turned down the Volume. Eh? Eh!?!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheBizzness posted:

OP I bet it your high school was pretty quiet since all the girls turned down the Volume. Eh? Eh!?!

:vince:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I accidentally salted my pecan pie at dinner tonight and it was pretty good. I salted it because I was busily pouring salt on everything else in my thanksgiving feeding trough and it got caught in the line of fire. Well anyway go gently caress yourself if you don't like salt

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
lol if you didn't brine your turkey

enjoy your sawdust masquerading as a large bird op

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
instead of talking about how stupid the OP and his thread are, lets all divert our attention to pallets a totally wacky and random topic LOL!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

pallets are ubiquitous in the world of shipping and storage, much like salt is used in nearly all foods

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
refined pallet

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

the great deceiver posted:

instead of talking about how stupid the OP and his thread are, lets all divert our attention to pallets a totally wacky and random topic LOL!

not random
try reading the thread

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Its healthier to stick into your throat than most power tools OP, just saying.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

ghlbtsk posted:

refined pallet

why would you do this, it is very ugly

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shithouse Dave posted:

why would you do this, it is very ugly
It looks like the wall you would line up people in front before shooting them.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
How long before some goon makes a thread about how much they hate water of oxygen or some poo poo

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

chippy posted:

How long before some goon makes a thread about how much they hate water of oxygen or some poo poo

on it

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
oxygenated tap water is idiotic

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Salt loving owns. I cover everything I eat in salt. If the taste of salt isn't drowning all other flavors from the food it doesn't have enough salt

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jesus Christ posted:

salt is good and cool but cinnamon with meats and vegetables is an abomination

seriously who ever thought that was a good idea goddamnit i don't want cinnamon in my lamb cous cous

the op is an obvious troll but this on the other hand

meat and a base spice of nearly all meat dishes from every country in the world? not on my plate!

furthermore you definitely do want cinnamon in your lamb couscous you idiot

im melting down here

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Literally the first they teach at the French Culinary Institute is that salt and fat are the most important ingredients.

But I'm glad OP experimented in his kitchen by sprinkling Mrs. Dash on some dry rear end chicken. Finally someone will take those snooty ALL OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST CHEFS down a peg.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
eetsa leetle beet that makesa beeg deeference

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
every chef in the world uses salt but OP clearly knows better

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
There's an episode of Kitchen Nightmares (UK) where a vegan 'chef' tells Ramsay that she doesn't cook with salt. He acts nonplussed for a few seconds and then throws pinches of salt at her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Yeah, some people use way too much sodium in their food. But the vast majority of the time, it's the opposite problem - people throwing in a whole bunch of spices to season something when just a little salt and pepper and maybe some fresh herbs will do.

• Locked thread