Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've done the math. Assuming an arithmetic growth rate of the gaps between acts, Act V will come out about 4 1/5 years after Act IV. Assuming a geometric growth rate, it's about 5 1/5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

BiggerJ posted:

I've done the math. Assuming an arithmetic growth rate of the gaps between acts, Act V will come out about 4 1/5 years after Act IV. Assuming a geometric growth rate, it's about 5 1/5 years.

Don't

Don't do this to me

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

I haven't played Act IV yet. If Junebug's performance is what held up Act III, does Act IV have any setpieces or other content that justify its even longer delay, or was it just because of How The Developers Is?

I wouldn't say anything in particular stands out but there are a lot of scenes in act 4. No idea how much they change depending on choices but the sheer volume of them might explain the delay. Also I remember reading something about them trying to make it VR-compatible/a vr version of KR0 (but I can't find it right now so grain of salt)

double nine fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 26, 2016

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

I just finished Act 4 and I don't remember seeing the image that was used in the promos.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Mira posted:

I just finished Act 4 and I don't remember seeing the image that was used in the promos.

That's the boat they take in the bat forest, I think.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cardboardcompy/status/811695624575942656

edit:

edit: does anyone have these downloaded from before? genuinely want them now. Never got to try it out. I assume they weren't interested in investing the time / money to update or port.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 22, 2016

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

A Yolo Wizard posted:

edit:

edit: does anyone have these downloaded from before? genuinely want them now. Never got to try it out. I assume they weren't interested in investing the time / money to update or port.

I might, but I'm away from my computer right now.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Finally played Act 4, augh. This is such a good game.

It is also the only game to function perfectly with my 21:9 monitor, every other game has hosed something up (minor or major) so far.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Music Theory posted:

I might, but I'm away from my computer right now.

I forgot about this and I'm away from my computer again I am sorry

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Music Theory posted:

I forgot about this and I'm away from my computer again I am sorry

No posts ince Cecember 30th. Are you still alive?

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

No posts ince Cecember 30th. Are you still alive?

I forgot again and am still browsing SA on my phone

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I posted on SA from a regular wii for at least a year

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Music Theory posted:

I forgot again and am still browsing SA on my phone

If you don't post it soon, the skeletons will come for you and erase your copy of the Oculus version. Real life is KRZ's promotional ARG.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Well I've finally escaped my phone and it turns out I downloaded the games after they took out VR but before you posted about it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

edit:

IIRC it only ever supported the DK1 so unless you had one of those it wouldn't have worked anyways. If you actually do have a DK1 and still want to try it send me a PM.

• Locked thread