Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

Fuckign staal needs to be benched and/or retired, this poo poo is getting ridiculous

We'll offer you one (1) slightly used Rob Scuderi for him, straight up! Act quickly, this offer is for a limited time only!

all sales are final

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Woah, that defensive play by del zotto on the rush to cover for The Bad Schenn. Lovin' it

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eric the Mauve posted:

We'll offer you one (1) slightly used Rob Scuderi for him, straight up! Act quickly, this offer is for a limited time only!

all sales are final

literally would do this. Scuderi's contract is up soon at least

and AV would be mroe likely to bench him than Staal

I'm not kidding Staal is loving brutal this year. He cannot play with the puck at all anymore, he makes terrible passes and decisions with it. He's a big part of the reason the Rangers are so bad in their zone this year

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm jacked up for Lundqvist's postgame interview

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Levitate posted:

literally would do this. Scuderi's contract is up soon at least

This is how you know you're being irrational fwiw

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
woo!

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

gently caress Marc Staal.

Bad defense and spells his name with a c.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it would be way more fun if icing it with the goalie pulled meant that the 6 skaters have to stay on and you can't put your goalie back.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Bruins can all die in a grease fire for gainfully employing both Marchand and Rinaldo, and yet I'm happy they won because gently caress turtling forever and I'm always happy when someone is actually aggressive when it's tied late in the 3rd and tries to win and does

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
The Predators' announcer keeps saying "Bell-a-mar" and it's killing me

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Eric the Mauve posted:

This is how you know you're being irrational fwiw

Scuderi is poo poo but Staal is pretty loving horrible these days. I used to like the guy but ever since his eye injury he can't play the puck for poo poo anymore

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Bruins can all die in a grease fire for gainfully employing both Marchand and Rinaldo, and yet I'm happy they won because gently caress turtling forever and I'm always happy when someone is actually aggressive when it's tied late in the 3rd and tries to win and does

I'm unsure why you think the Rangers were trying to turtle? They really weren't, the Bruins got some good momentum off that power play goal and took advantage of some bad defensive play and tired players to score the go ahead goal

the rangers did an excellent job playing bad defense and beating themselves with bad penalties

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I suppose it's possible the Rangers were trying to win and were just really terrible at it. But turtling is so commonplace all over the NHL when a loser point's at stake that it's kinda the default assumption.

Also possible Boston was perfectly content to turtle their way to OT too but the Rangers sucked so bad they gave the game away anyway.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Levitate posted:

I'm unsure why you think the Rangers were trying to turtle? They really weren't, the Bruins got some good momentum off that power play goal and took advantage of some bad defensive play and tired players to score the go ahead goal

the rangers did an excellent job playing bad defense and beating themselves with bad penalties

Yeah, that didn't look like turtling. Just inept rear end defense. They got absolutely loving shelled during that spurt, and the only miracle is that it took as long as it did for one to go in.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
neal: still a piece of poo poo

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Flyers jerseys update: still ugly

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Why is CSN using Passyunk Ave B Reel footage

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Back at the Wild game, never heard of the Jets goalie

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

A Kpro posted:

Back at the Wild game, never heard of the Jets goalie

Top college prospect. Played for the Manitoba Moose so far this year. He's good, but the Moose suck a bit.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

CommaToes posted:

Top college prospect. Played for the Manitoba Moose so far this year. He's good, but the Moose suck a bit.

Well they're making it easy on him so far

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Voracek hasn't had any scoring chances in the last three games playing on a line with Bellemare and Vandevelde

Whoda thunk

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Chris Therien never ever reads the quote of the game and I still believe he's illiterate.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Voracek hasn't had any scoring chances in the last three games playing on a line with Bellemare and Vandevelde

Whoda thunk

If he's going to insist on splitting up Voracek and Giroux I wish Hakstol would put Jake with Couturier. Simmonds has been really unimpressive this year, so you kill two birds by moving him down.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

sedative posted:

If he's going to insist on splitting up Voracek and Giroux I wish Hakstol would put Jake with Couturier. Simmonds has been really unimpressive this year, so you kill two birds by moving him down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Simmonds just doesn't seem like he has the same power this year

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I have no idea why watching the game with Canadian commercials is so unnerving, but it is.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
just watching Jake try to work with these knuckleheads is sad

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
If you have access to the Nashville feed, Kimmo is gonna be in for the second intermission

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go Hawks Preds Cats and Jackets

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

I have no idea why watching the game with Canadian commercials is so unnerving, but it is.

It's nice not being bombarded by constant political attack ads, military circlejerk ads, and ads for health insurance

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Preds announcer thinks the Phantoms are still in Philly

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Stop turning the puck over, you fucks

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

yellowcar posted:

It's nice not being bombarded by constant political attack ads, military circlejerk ads, and ads for health insurance

Actually right now it's BLACK FRIDAY BLACK FRIDAY BLACK FRIDAY BUY SOME poo poo YOU CONSUMER WHORE mostly.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hellebuyck good

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
That Kane turnover should count toward his point streak

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Lmao classic hawks

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OVECHKIN!!!!!!!!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

All Ovechkin does is stand on the left faceoff dot, wait for the puck to come to him and fire it into the net. For the life of me I can't figure out why the Penguins don't have Malkin and/or Kessel and/or Crosby doing this. It loving works.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Ovi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Eric the Mauve posted:

All Ovechkin does is stand on the left faceoff dot, wait for the puck to come to him and fire it into the net. For the life of me I can't figure out why the Penguins don't have Malkin and/or Kessel and/or Crosby doing this. It loving works.

Well, this time it wasn't a one timer since he got fed from below the goal line. It's a subtle difference.

• Locked thread