Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

What leftovers did your family send home with you?

This year i managed to get away carrying minimal leftovers. My family forced me to take:
-an entire turkey leg/thigh
-1/2 a pumpkin pie
-small container of mashed potatoes.

probably gonna make that turkey leg into tacos in the next few days. but i am gonna throw out the pie and mashed potatoes. grandma would be so upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

feeling of guilt and shame, OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know if you just add a little milk to your mash it's still good the next day.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hosted, so the entire fridge

dustbin
Jun 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a pile of scraps

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Take some of that left over turkey that always gets sent home in chunks it seems like. And you get yourself maybe some cranberry sauce on the side, and then you get a lil' horseradish to dip that cold turkey into. A pickle, maybe a couple olives...and BOOM you got yourself a lunch plate.
Radical son. Radical.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

people left food and beer at my house op.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
one whole box of stove top stuffing (uncooked)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You know if you just add a little milk to your mash it's still good the next day.

You're assuming it was good in the first place. Most people make lovely mashed potato.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i ate a squirrel i hit with my car :(

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

As the one heathen relative that showed up and isn't a fan of pie (at least pumpkin), I got away with some brownies.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

i ate a squirrel i hit with my car :(

gently caress man, how you doin? Sounds like it was tragic and yet very filling. How's that playing out for you?

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
I forgot to put the stuffing in the fridge last night. :rip: stuffing

At least I have a jar of cranberry sauce and a roast guinea hen left.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

gently caress man, how you doin? Sounds like it was tragic and yet very filling. How's that playing out for you?

im eating his bones how the gently caress do you think its "working out for me"? gently caress. just leave me alone.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
open
face
stuffing
sandwiches

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

dad gay. so what posted:

im eating his bones how the gently caress do you think its "working out for me"? gently caress. just leave me alone.

How the mighty have fallen. Dgsw no longer able to afford 5guysburgerfries. gently caress YOU YOU LARD HOPE YOU CHOKE ON THE TAIL

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Putty posted:

hosted, so the entire fridge

ditto

and that's with giving out leftovers

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Crusty Nutsack posted:

and that's with giving out leftovers

It's a way of getting rid of the stuff you don't like/won't eat while seeming generous. If you're really good at the game, you make sure no-one takes home the dish they brought.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
We've got everything, since we cooked here. gently caress driving anywhere for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I got turkey for days

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's not a leftover but I heard you can mash rutabagas so I'm going to work on that today.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Take some of that left over turkey that always gets sent home in chunks it seems like. And you get yourself maybe some cranberry sauce on the side, and then you get a lil' horseradish to dip that cold turkey into. A pickle, maybe a couple olives...and BOOM you got yourself a lunch plate.
Radical son. Radical.

Horseradish? I gotta try that. I made cranberry sauce and am almost finished the turkey. Leftover sandwiches are the best.

I haven't done it yet, but turkey, Mac and cheese ,green beans on bread , cran,mayo. Well, time for breakfast!

Mom made gumbo with the carcass.
I used to hate leftovers but now realize them for the golden not having to cook moment that they are.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lolie posted:

You're assuming it was good in the first place. Most people make lovely mashed potato.

You gotta cook more than one potato to make mashed potatoes. :shrug:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
a big loving container that i haven' teven looked inside, it's been over a week, i probably shouldn't open it because then the smell will escape

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
normally i love making leftover sandwiches for days after, but for some reason this year i just didn't want to, aggressively

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
never heard of it

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
I use a two-pronged approach in dealing with Thanksgiving meals and leftovers:

1. Before Thanksgiving, suggest having something else besides turkey. You'd be surprised how many people will jump on this idea. This year we had steaks and nobody had a problem accepting leftovers (the only drawback was that it snowed all day here, which made grilling outside unpleasant).

2. If you do wind up with the possibility of unpleasant leftovers, accept them enthusiastically, take them home, put them in the back of the fridge, and throw them out in 5-7 days. Problem solved.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Gonna polish off the rest of the turkey by making "carnitas" w em :hellyeah:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ewwww thxgiving was like over a week ago.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

store brand turkeys were on sale so i bought an extra 15 lb bird for like 7 dollars and it's in the freezer. probably roast it in a week lol

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

freezers :eng101:

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

We had ours on Saturdy plus it smells fine so i hope im ok

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I ate at a restaurant for thanksgiving.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Edgar posted:

I ate at a restaurant for thanksgiving.
Did you have any leftovers?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I required that I took the stuffing we made home. Ain't right to take a man's stuffing from him yaknow..

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

We had ours on Saturdy plus it smells fine so i hope im ok

Word turkeys are good I never have an excuse to eat one.

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
loving norovirus. From the wife's cousins that are staying for college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I just made bomb rear end chili with my turkey leftovers. Get creative, scrubs.

• Locked thread