Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

don't get your taint reapen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This is like if Kramer joined ISIS and then called Jerry a few months later saying that he was tired of being there and needs a ride home.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

A Stupid Baby posted:

What did they actually do then besides join up and immediately get turned into de facto sex slaves

The plan was to use their wombs as recruitment stations for more isis members, so yeah they were participating members of isis.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lolie posted:

They're not running off to become Mormon wives or join Scientology. They're knowingly running off to join an organisation which tortures and kills people. They've made a conscious decision they want to be part of that.

You can argue that teenagers in general aren't good at considering long term consequences and have a tendency to romanticise stuff, but it's not like the IS is in any way secretive about what they actually do. This isn't even a matter of getting in with a "bad crowd" which ultimately ends up doing something violent kind of lapse of judgement. The teenagers who join the IS know well in advance exactly what it does and intends to continue doing. It's part of the attraction for them.

again i very much doubt they were actually aware of what isis truly was. they were fooled and groomed and brainwashed over months

A Stupid Baby posted:

What heinous poo poo did they -actually- do? Did they mastermind a shooting? Train new recruits in IED construction? Suicide bomb a bus? Or just get conned, raped, and beaten to death?

i meant isis

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Minorkos posted:

don't get your taint reapen

There's a point where irony completely fails to be a defense, this poo poo has left that point far over the horizon

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

again i very much doubt they were actually aware of what isis truly was.

Oh come on

Like goddamn just go to Liveleak or any other hundreds of other websites. ISIS isn't some up and coming thing, we've know about ISIS for years. Hell the US has been dealing with radical Islamists since before the revolutionary war and the united states was actually a thing.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh come on

Like goddamn just go to Liveleak or any other hundreds of other websites. ISIS isn't some up and coming thing, we've know about ISIS for years. Hell the US has been dealing with radical Islamists since before the revolutionary war and the united states was actually a thing.

im tired of arguing this point so im just gonna link to this article which explains better than i can

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/world/americas/isis-online-recruiting-american.html

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I don't know if the 1700s are an era you really want to bring up when calling for the rape and murder of anyone even tangentially associated with terrorist tactics

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

im tired of arguing this point so im just gonna link to this article which explains better than i can

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/world/americas/isis-online-recruiting-american.html

Boy that article gets a fuckload of points wrong.

Being lonely does not excuse you from joining a radical group who kills people.

A Stupid Baby posted:

I don't know if the 1700s are an era you really want to bring up when calling for the rape and murder of anyone even tangentially associated with terrorist tactics

It was the golden age of piracy and the Pre-US government even back then was paying off pirate ships that originated from the middle east in order to not attack their stuff

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

lol i posted that link seconds ago did you do anything besides reading the title?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

(A) Did they mastermind a shooting?

(B) Train new recruits in IED construction?

(C) Suicide bomb a bus?

(D) Or just get conned, raped, and beaten to death?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Taint Reaper posted:

what if I want to kill goons

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

mental illness excuses you of a lot of things actually. having been depressed, it's not really a state of mind you can make rational decisions in

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

lol i posted that link seconds ago did you do anything besides reading the title?

I actually read the article already

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Minorkos posted:

mental illness excuses you of a lot of things actually. having been depressed, it's not really a state of mind you can make rational decisions in

Let's join a group of murderers

IIRC all the manson family went to jail that participated in the killings. Their mental state had zero bearing on their punishment and that was a small cult.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I actually read the article already

ok how can the article be wrong when its literally describing the experience of someone who wanted to join isis despite knowing the evil poo poo they do beforehand

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

It was the golden age of piracy and the Pre-US government even back then was paying off pirate ships that originated from the middle east in order to not attack their stuff

Also there was this weird practice of kidnapping people and murdering them when they tried to run away.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

babypolis posted:

WHatever happened to baby renee

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

ok how can the article be wrong when its literally describing the experience of someone who wanted to join isis despite knowing the evil poo poo they do beforehand

Because it does not excuse their actions or garner sympathy because they're joining an evil organization who is out to kill other people.

Street Gangs do this too.

It's Darwin Awards material

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because it does not excuse their actions or garner sympathy because they're joining an evil organization who is out to kill other people.

Street Gangs do this too.

It's Darwin Awards material

i disagree. i think those people do deserve sympathy

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

babypolis posted:

hmm not being as barbaric and cruel as the group we condemn? doesn't make sense

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
ISIS seems chill

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

babypolis posted:

The only thing those people deserve is a slow painful death from reading your posts.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

mike12345 posted:

hmm not being as barbaric and cruel as the group we condemn? doesn't make sense

theres no attempt to engage anybody in this post, its just pure DnD style smarminess. so lame.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

babypolis posted:

teenagers are very easy to fool. i read an article about their online tactics. these girls probably felt isolated in some way and thats how they get in. the isis dudes will spend hours and hours online chatting with you telling you all about islam and saying all the nasty stuff you hear about isis is just propaganda. gradually they will further isolate these people from their friends and family until isis is all they have and by then their whole worldview has already been changed. getting them to move halfway over the world to marry some fat 40 year old is easy peasy after that

hmm yes but at 14 i learned how to administer an RDBMS, these vapid cunts deserve nothing

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Harrower posted:

The only thing those people deserve is a slow painful death from reading your posts.

your lovely burn doesnt even make sense

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

hmm yes but at 14 i learned how to administer an RDBMS, these vapid cunts deserve nothing

theres no attempt to engage anybody in this post, its just pure DnD style smarminess. so lame.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey guys remember Caro?

He did the exact same poo poo. These girls pulled a Caro.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Lolie posted:

Nobody's celebrating it.

lmao

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Minorkos posted:

The actual test is not whether you suffer from a mental illness but whether you're sufficiently impaired by that mental illness as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong. There is no reason we should apply a different test to those who travel overseas to aid a terror group than we would apply to those who aided a domestic terror group.

Does the IS know how to locate disaffected young people and exploit their disillusionment in order to recruit them? Absolutely. Does that absolve those recruits of responsibility? No. You have to wilfully ignore a lot of red flags to get to the point of joining just like you need to wilfully ignore a lot of red flags to become a 419 scam victim or join a cult.

We owe them no more sympathy than we owe Elliot Rodger. We need to understand their choices so that we can disrupt the ability of the IS and similar organisations to recruit young Westerners, but understanding and sympathy are different beasts.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 28, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if you're mentally ill its okay if you kill people

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Those girls got owned.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is like if Kramer joined ISIS and then called Jerry a few months later saying that he was tired of being there and needs a ride home.

Kramer: jerry, you gotta help me

Jerry: Why what is it?

K: I'm in over my head with these isis people jerry, at first I thought I agreed with their world view but the next thing you know VRRRRRRRROOT! No more pig meat.

George: Pig meat? Like, pork?

K: ANY MEAT FROM A PIG, george, and you know if I can't eat pork I'm not kramer. I've got three brides at home and I can't THINK straight!

G: Hey what part of the pig is bacon?

J: The bacon glands.
*Kramer starts stuffing deli meats into his mouth*

J: Look at this you're getting sausage all over my counter!

K: Mmthelp me jherry! HELPTH ME *sausage and spittle is everywhere*

J: I'm afraid I'm allah out of ideas.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Do they get male virgins? I sure hope they do, Allah willing.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hey guys remember Caro?

He did the exact same poo poo. These girls pulled a Caro.

caro at least took a couple people with him

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

echronorian posted:

Do they get male virgins? I sure hope they do, Allah willing.

Nope. She gets her husband, and she will be happy with him.

quote:

This number is only for men. A woman will have only one husband in Paradise, and she will be satisfied with him and will not need any more than that.

The Muslim woman – who is not influenced by the claims of those who propagate permissiveness and knows that she is not like men in her make-up and nature, because Allaah has made her like that – does not object to the rulings of Allaah or feel angry. Rather she accepts what Allaah has decreed for her. Her sound nature tells her that she cannot live with more than one man at a time. So long as she has entered Paradise, she will have all that she desires, so she should not dispute now about the delights and rewards that her Lord has chosen for her, for your Lord does not treat anyone unjustly.

http://islamqa.info/en/11419

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2007/03/honey_im_dead.html

http://www.livescience.com/6237-islamic-faith-promise-martyrs.html

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
I think we've all forgotten what it's like to be teenagers, when I was 15 I fell in with the wrong crowd and before I knew it I was an active member of the IRA; smoking cigarettes, staying out late, and helping with a number of terrorist attacks across the UK and Ireland, I sure got one hell of a thrashing when my old man found out!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

does that husband in paradise at least have a big dick or something

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Just a reminder this is the future of isis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyl9FMHRfOE

Im pretty sure isis will collapse on its own weight and we only need to wait for the inevitable.

(:ssh: original aired somewhere in between 1990-2004 thats some foresight )

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Lolie posted:

The actual test is not whether you suffer from a mental illness but whether you're sufficiently impaired by that mental illness as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong. There is no reason we should apply a different test to those who travel overseas to aid a terror group than we would apply to those who aided a domestic terror group.

Does the IS know how to locate disaffected young people and exploit their disillusionment in order to recruit them? Absolutely. Does that absolve those recruits of responsibility? No. You have to wilfully ignore a lot of red flags to get to the point of joining just like you need to wilfully ignore a lot of red flags to become a 419 scam victim or join a cult.

We owe them no more sympathy than we owe Elliot Rodger. We need to understand their choices so that we can disrupt the ability of the IS and similar organisations to recruit young Westerners, but understanding and sympathy are different beasts.

yes this girl was completely aware of the full ramifications of her decision when she was recruited. that's why she suffered a horrible shock when reality ensued and was willing to risk her life trying to escape. i offer no sympathy to this dead girl who most likely spent the last year of her life regretting her ruined life in the midst of being subjected to whatever being an ISIS bride entails.

really the only reason a 17-year-old girl would ever join ISIS is to become a suicide bomber terrorist and kill lots of people. drat those ISIS recruiters, they know exactly what every teenaged girl wants: sweet mass murder and infidel executions

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 28, 2015

• Locked thread