Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
much like child's version of 9/11

or the not-don bluth thumbelina where some supporting character gets loving killed

post your own movies you saw as a kid that messed u up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
noob

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
sorry i didn't watched retarded shows when i was a kid so i don't know what you're tlaking about

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I assumed that this thread would be about an old thanksgiving story where an aunt of yours had a stroke or something.
Still don't get it. Voted 2 because of the effort you put in to try.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

lmao why'd he draw she crotch way down her thigh

like she smugglin a conehead or something

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

sorry i didn't watched retarded shows when i was a kid so i don't know what you're tlaking about

Thirteen-year-old Kiki leaves home to train as a witch with her talking black cat Jiji. She flies on her broomstick to the port city of Koriko. While trying to find somewhere to live, Kiki is pursued by Tombo, a geeky boy obsessed with aviation who admires her flying ability.

In exchange for accommodation, Kiki accepts a job delivering goods by broomstick from Osono, the kindly owner of a bakery. Her first delivery goes badly; she is caught in wind and loses the black cat toy she is supposed to deliver. Jiji pretends to be the toy until Kiki can retrieve the real toy. She finds it in the home of young painter, Ursula, who repairs and returns it to Kiki so she can complete the delivery and rescue Jiji.

Kiki accepts a party invitation from Tombo, but is delayed by her work and, exhausted, falls ill. When she recovers, Osono clandestinely arranges for Kiki to see Tombo again by assigning her a delivery addressed to him. After Kiki apologizes for missing the party, Tombo takes her for a test ride on the flying machine fashioned from a bicycle he is working on. Kiki warms to Tombo but dislikes his extroverted friends and walks home.

Kiki becomes depressed. She discovers she can no longer understand Jiji, who has befriended a pretty white cat. She has also lost her flying ability and is forced to suspend her delivery business. Kiki gets a surprise visit from Ursula, who determines that Kiki's crisis is a form of artist's block. Ursula suggests that if Kiki can find a new purpose, she will regain her powers.

While Kiki is visiting a customer, she witnesses an airship accident on television. A strong gust leaves Tombo hanging in mid-air. Kiki regains her flying power and manages to rescue him. She regains her confidence and resumes her delivery service. Kiki's parents receive a letter saying that she and Jiji are happy.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat it's like you wrote the Wikipedia summary or something

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Well at least it's not ferngully

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to love those Japanese kids cartoons as a little Larry, but now that I'm big Larry, I don't. Really makes you think

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Salema the cat stoped talking to Melissa Joan Hart after she came out as a Republican very sad

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
For some reason I thought we were talking about that one gorilla that had a pet cat.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Microwaves Mom posted:

For some reason I thought we were talking about that one gorilla that had a pet cat.

That's Koko. He was a big Mr. Rogers fan.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Larry Parrish posted:

I used to love those Japanese kids cartoons as a little Larry, but now that I'm big Larry, I don't. Really makes you think
____________/

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

theultimo posted:

Fern gully had Tim curry tho

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

The Hunchback actually was killed in one animated non-Disney adaptation.

Only kiddie film I remember seeing the titular character die. gently caress Mufasa, he wasn't the main character.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Kindergarten Camp posted:

The Hunchback actually was killed in one animated non-Disney adaptation.

Only kiddie film I remember seeing the titular character die. gently caress Mufasa, he wasn't the main character.

Secret of Nimh scared the poo poo outta me

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don bluth was good at the hosed up poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Don bluth was good at the hosed up poo poo

All his stuff had at least one nightmare inducing sequence.

Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit was p. scary.

There was an episode of Darkwing Duck that I found pretty terrifying at the time but was obviously silly looking back.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If we're talking live action stuff, the part in the Star Trek: the Next Generation episode where they caught the Barclay retrovirus when that mutated spider guy jump scared Picard made me cry.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

The Dark Crystal, when the old Skeksis vulture guy dies. Hes like screaming as he crumbles to dust. He was a Jim Henson muppet for christs sake. Spooked the bejeezus out of me as a kid

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

theultimo posted:

Secret of Nimh scared the poo poo outta me

This part and the murder of Nicodemus :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Kiki's was by far my favorite Miyazaki. Must see. A+ :coolspot:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
the very first part of superman with zod and his friends in the hoops getting lectured by the big giant dads heads

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Anime is bad, OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

delete all animes

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

much like child's version of 9/11

or the not-don bluth thumbelina where some supporting character gets loving killed

post your own movies you saw as a kid that messed u up
never look up who voiced jiji and his life story then if that makes you sad

Relin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 28, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yes anime IS blood

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPkAUBr4Sc

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat they renamed fry to Phil to tribute Hartman. Dang.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I instantly knew what you were talking about. Kikis delivery service. I really like it as a kid. Although I hated being presented with such a nice and peaceful fantasy world knowing that I would have to grow up to be an adult that my greatest adventure would be maxing out my 401(k). :( hopefully

But yeah. Really enjoyed it as a kid. Had it on tape

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dresden codak is good.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

why is she wearing a tiny upsidedown top hat

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Enfield posted:

It's a smoke stack

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
me too, op. pulled at the ol heartstrings, it did.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

theultimo posted:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
people dying in movies always made me uncomfortable as a kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW0WRqnLYMw

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pR5ktDwts

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Enfield posted:

They're goggles but not really well drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Little Foot's goddamn loving mom. loving Hell Bluth.

• Locked thread