Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
and also middle aged people too because these dudes are insanely old?

this is not even a good hook

this isnt even going to get stuck in my head its going to pass through my body like an order of jack in the box jalapeno poppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i would love to be the drummer in this band just kind of flail at the drums like w/e because everything is programmed and my life is meaningless

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HoAssHo posted:

The singer is super bitter about being a one hit wonder and gets mad when people only want to hear that song but dude, like, you wrote a great loving pop song. Be happy that you had even just that one hit - that's more than most musicians ever achieve.

:agreed:

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
this chick with the pompadour mullet is alright i guess

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
have gay people even contributed one good thing to music ever??? im very happy about gays and love gays and all but all the great musicians that were known for gayness were actually super duper bi like bowie and elton john and freddie mercury who all pwned mad pussy. purestrain gays seem to have very bad taste in music

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thouhnt the op said inedible. drat right about that i cant eat this

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
op lemme tell you about a little band i like to call radiohead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKkr29EGc-Y

take two of these and call me in the morning!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wiffle ball bat posted:

have gay people even contributed one good thing to music ever??? im very happy about gays and love gays and all but all the great musicians that were known for gayness were actually super duper bi like bowie and elton john and freddie mercury who all pwned mad pussy. purestrain gays seem to have very bad taste in music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

gently caress off bro freddie was bi and loved boy butts and lady butts with comparable passion

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

freddie deffo hosed ladies too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU
rob halford is as gay as it comes tho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wiffle ball bat posted:

gently caress off bro freddie was bi and loved boy butts and lady butts with comparable passion

Freddie just liked having sex. Guy or girl it didn't matter

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
ok rob halford is pretty rad

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
exception that proves the rule: rob halford????

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

HoAssHo posted:

Duran Duran is unironically my favorite band of all time. I never ever need to hear loving Hungry Like the Wolf or Rio ever again but I still regularly spin the weird gothy poo poo from the early albums.

:hf:

Same.

Seen them twice live, they always put on a great show, and the crowd always screams when they play poo poo like "Friends of Mine" because it's not on their greatest hits records.

Their last two albums have been loving home runs as far as I'm concerned - the kind of poo poo you can listen to on repeat for hours. It's funny to see a band go 35 years and by some miracle have every new album more danceable than the previous.

Holy loving poo poo someone posted unironically in GBS about Duran Duran being awesome. :dance: :dance: :dance:

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Judas Priest rules

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
an actual retard with no eyes or ears could make club hits that would have everybody shaking their asses and smoking speed in the ladies room, the process of creating the backing track is almost entirely automated and pitch correction has gotten so smart and subtle that literally anyone can sing now.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

xov posted:

:hf:

Same.

Seen them twice live, they always put on a great show, and the crowd always screams when they play poo poo like "Friends of Mine" because it's not on their greatest hits records.

Their last two albums have been loving home runs as far as I'm concerned - the kind of poo poo you can listen to on repeat for hours. It's funny to see a band go 35 years and by some miracle have every new album more danceable than the previous.

Holy loving poo poo someone posted unironically in GBS about Duran Duran being awesome. :dance: :dance: :dance:
I thought I was going to have a loving aneurysm when they played Friends of Mine the second time I saw them. I wish I could see them do Secret Oktober live.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

wiffle ball bat posted:

this chick with the pompadour mullet is alright i guess

Janelle Mon疇 and yeah, she's ridiculously good looking imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtuoFv4dcwM

The Fighter
Nov 27, 2015

by zen death robot
I love Duran Duran. Growing up I always fantasized about making love to a beautiful emo/scene chick while listening to Come Undone.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

baw posted:

duran duran owns

Yes they do and I had no idea they had a new album. This is exciting.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Im confused at the OP's surprise. But point me to a song better than "chauffeur"

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 28, 2015

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

If I had a time machine the first thing I would do is go back to 1983 and completely destroy Nick Rhodes, genitally.

Then I guess I'd go kill Hitler or whatever.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

PinkoBastard posted:

The bassist for Duran Duran is loving awesome. I only really know their earlier albums, but his bass lines are really complex and varied.

Based on expectation vs. actual talent, John Taylor is probably the most underrated bassist in all of pop music.

Also, Liberty was criminally overlooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihtEg_hWIM

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
wake me up
wake me up inside

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I'm gonna go ahead and post Nick Rhodes' wedding pictures because they're hilarious and this thread gives me a reason to show them to you:

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
Freddie Mercury is one history's biggest gays.

Even his girlfriend was relieved he said he was gay.

The more you know.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

HoAssHo posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and post Nick Rhodes' wedding pictures because they're hilarious and this thread gives me a reason to show them to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

HoAssHo posted:

You sound sarcastic but I'm assuming it's because you don't actually don't know what you're talking about.

Neh, I've dug Duran Duran since they started, and I've seen em live. I just wouldn't call their early stuff weird or gothy.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Siouxie and the Banshees have some good albums, and so does the Cure.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Philthy posted:

Neh, I've dug Duran Duran since they started, and I've seen em live. I just wouldn't call their early stuff weird or gothy.

No, definitely not all of it. I meant some of the songs are weird and gothy. Friends of Mine is a good example.

edit: and definitely The Chauffeur

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
janelle monae irritates me I'm not sure why though

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
song in the op sounds like the kind of music gays had playing in the 80s when they were spreading hiv the virus that causes aids everywhere.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
ALL SHE

WANTS IS

ALL SHE

WANTS IS

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

People used to hate them because they were too pretty

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Idiot Kicker posted:

ALL SHE

WANTS IS

ALL SHE

WANTS IS

MORE

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mariana Horchata posted:

Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise

Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

wiffle ball bat posted:

David Bowie aside, because he is clearly gay, having ever stuck your dick in a pussy doesn't make you bi. It just makes you a product of your era, and wanting acceptance. Elton and Freddie were definitely gay. Elton especially.

Younger gays might not have this problem, but us older gays pretty much all came out as bisexual first because it was safer than just being gay.

Also, Duran Duran is great. The new song is good, but I can't stand it when bands have fake audience cheering sounds at the end of a studio song. Not a big deal, but a major pet peeve of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bilirubin posted:

Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

i wish i could put the guitar into post form but idk how. cant think of any other examples when so much has come from so very little in popular music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3W6yf6c-FA

• Locked thread