Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Because I'm a new mod and don't know these things, I'll be resetting all votes relating to Asiina and MMT

EccoRaven posted:

idk sorry I am not a computersmith. try just adding them manually and dealing with the messed up votecount. it's customary to reset votes for and on the player anyway when you replace a player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tremendous Taste (3): CapitalistPig, Opopanax, EccoRaven, JakeP, CapitalistPig
JakeP (2): Kashuno, CapitalistPig, Kashuno, CCKeane
EccoRaven (1): HiipFire
Kashuno (1): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Asiina
Asiina (0): TMMadman, Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno, Kashuno, TMMadman
TMMadman (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
CCKeane (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (6): 100YrsofAttitude, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, TMMadman, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 01st, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 9 minutes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
ugh sorry idk what to do about this replacng situation. halp?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Jake my first question is:

Are the Patriots poopies?

Yes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

ugh sorry idk what to do about this replacng situation. halp?

mod kill taste and end day

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Correct.

JakeP Question the second:

Are hamburgers delicious?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Correct.

JakeP Question the second:

Are hamburgers delicious?

Yes but not as delicious ad Cheeseburgers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Asiina

Fixing the reset vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think something weird is still going on with the vote count because it looks like it counted my vote, but then immediately removed it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is just a test.

##vote JakeP

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
try again

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Moving my vote back now.

##vote Asiina

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, seems fixed now. :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
looks like it's working

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Yes but not as delicious ad Cheeseburgers

Acceptable.

Question the third:

If you flip two coins, and one is heads, what are the chances the other coin is also heads?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I don't really want to move my vote from Chic/Asiina because I believe that Chic is scum (sorry Asiina), but I would vote JakeP near the deadline for being a claimed 3P with this attitude:

While I generally don't look to hang claimed Survivors immediately, I'm not going to let them stick around if they aren't actually going to try helping town.

For what it's worth, I completely get Chic's ragequit and if we weren't the same person and I knew she was town, I would have backed her anyway (and did before I knew my role, but believe that if you want). You weren't just aggressive, but were obviously looking to pick a fight against some fairly benign comments made by her. Also she was right.

TMMadman posted:

##vote Keane

Someone is trying way to hard at the start of D1.

Chic Trombone posted:

TMM if someone's trying to hard at the start of D1 it's probably you bruh

TMMadman posted:

Prove it.

Chic Trombone posted:

You're doing a fine job of that yourself, mr. agressive

TMMadman posted:

So you and Keane are clearly in cahoots.

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm saying you need to chill out, man

TMMadman posted:

So do you have an opinion on my alignment or are you just going to sit around and snipe at me?

At which point Chic gets mad, and I think for good reason. Your vote may have been a joke, it may have been serious, and Chic's response was reasonable and along with the tone of your Keane vote, but then you snap at her for saying it and then accuse her of going after you when she never really did?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just saying "hi" for tonight, reads and such coming tomorrow. That said,

##vote JakeP - even if he's a Survivor, it means that (a) he's not going to hunt scum, (b) he can potentially help scum late n the game, (c) scum won't be inclined to NK him, and (d) we'll never be able to prove he's 3P. I'd rather just deal with him on D1 instead of no lynching or mislynching.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry Asiina, I'm just going to flat out disagree with you. My 'prove it' post was a flippant response because at that point I had made all of four game related posts. Chic was in the wrong because I feel she turns the whole thing personal almost immediately with that chill out post and this comment:

Chic Trombone posted:

Like seriously do you just have a burr in your boots or what. Every game with you I've read you pick one thing, call it scummy, get on a high horse and then get overagressive and fight the entire drat thread over it. Pick up yoga or something seriously

First of all, the whole game of Mafia is to pick something, call it scummy and then fight the thread over it. Second, the comment about yoga is completely uncalled for and insinuates that I have anger/aggression issues outside of the game. Finally she ends her game with a personal 'gently caress you' directed at me.

While I can certainly be categorized as an aggressive player, my tone and posts early in this game were far from aggressive for me personally. You've seen me actually get aggressive and refuse to let something go. Hell, I think most people in this game have seen me get truly aggressive and those posts where nowhere near it.

However, I am now going to drop it because Chic has replaced out of the game. Unfortunately for you, I am probably not going to move my vote because I believe Chic (and now you) is scum. Frankly, the only other person I would consider voting for today is JakeP for the reasons I stated earlier.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
She tried to engage with you by pointing out that your vote on Keane for trying to be serious too fast wasn't really reasonable, since you were being quite serious in comparison to most other people who were playing, however the tone of her post was going along with the whole frat boy thing that was going on with Ecco, and was fairly casual. It was also Chic's first post of the game. You respond with something a lot more direct and possibly confrontational, and then when she tries to explain herself you get really accusatory, and so she gets mad and gets personal. From outside it looks like someone trying to enter the thread and immediately getting poo poo on for not having an opinion about who is scum, meanwhile that person is voting someone else because they tried to be too serious (which I still don't know if that was a joke vote or not).

Anyway, I have no idea if this makes you scum. I do think it makes her outburst justified. It may be a little out of proportion for what has been said in this game, but obviously she was anticipating a big fight, since you do tend to have big fights surround you, Madman, so got preemptively mad about it.

Enough about that though, I don't know if you are scum, but I do think Kashuno is scum and want to make a case. He's done a lot of contentless voting, including voting Chic, unvoting, and then voting for her again, all based on Madman's points but doesn't explain what he likes about them.

Kashuno posted:

I actually think TMM is onto something with chic.

##vote chic

Kashuno posted:

Yeah, idk why but I could've sworn you threw a vote down and you didn't ##unvote

Kashuno posted:

I'm concerned how on the same page we are this game. ##vote chic

Kashuno, what about Madman's original case did you like that was changed by Chic not voting Madman, and then how did that relate to your later vote on her?

I also don't like the comments about metagame that don't involve giving opinions about people while still looking like he's active:

Kashuno posted:

is this a real action

Kashuno posted:

Tmm is playing normal TMM, calling him out on that is weird to me. It'd be like calling out Keane for poo poo postng

Kashuno posted:

yeah I'm not voting TMM based on this idea because I see this come up EVERY game he's in.

I also don't understand this thing with Ecco.

Kashuno posted:

This is bad post tm

Kashuno posted:

not necessarily a scum post, but a bad one regardless.

Kashuno posted:

would vote ecco as well but idk people say she has an obvious scum game and no one is particularly hopping on her soo

So was Ecco's post a scum post? Why do you want to vote for Ecco? Why does other people's meta reads matter? What is going on.

This is a poorly formatted case, since some of it is talking about Kashuno and some of it is talking to Kashuno, but this is my case against Kashuno, please everyone read it and vote with me tia.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

but this is my case against Kashuno, please everyone read it and vote with me tia.
I have done so this is a good case ok I am going to bed goodnight!!!

##vote kashuno

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

This is a poorly formatted case, since some of it is talking about Kashuno and some of it is talking to Kashuno, but this is my case against Kashuno, please everyone read it and vote with me tia.

These are good points. And reading them like this does play into your narrative. Before I said Kash felt off the cuff and it's because there's so much cautiousness is his posting but more so he's been pretty open about his motivations and why he would or wouldn't do something. I still feel that way but I want to see how he responds.

##vote murmur twin Pmush still the scummiest for me atm.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Acceptable.

Question the third:

If you flip two coins, and one is heads, what are the chances the other coin is also heads?

Coins? What year is it? Get a debit card you bum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Coins? What year is it? Get a debit card you bum

Incorrect, the correct answer is 1/3.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I knew a kid in highschool that used to eat dimes for laughs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

She tried to engage with you by pointing out that your vote on Keane for trying to be serious too fast wasn't really reasonable, since you were being quite serious in comparison to most other people who were playing, however the tone of her post was going along with the whole frat boy thing that was going on with Ecco, and was fairly casual. It was also Chic's first post of the game. You respond with something a lot more direct and possibly confrontational, and then when she tries to explain herself you get really accusatory, and so she gets mad and gets personal. From outside it looks like someone trying to enter the thread and immediately getting poo poo on for not having an opinion about who is scum, meanwhile that person is voting someone else because they tried to be too serious (which I still don't know if that was a joke vote or not).

Anyway, I have no idea if this makes you scum. I do think it makes her outburst justified. It may be a little out of proportion for what has been said in this game, but obviously she was anticipating a big fight, since you do tend to have big fights surround you, Madman, so got preemptively mad about it.

Enough about that though, I don't know if you are scum, but I do think Kashuno is scum and want to make a case. He's done a lot of contentless voting, including voting Chic, unvoting, and then voting for her again, all based on Madman's points but doesn't explain what he likes about them.

Kashuno, what about Madman's original case did you like that was changed by Chic not voting Madman, and then how did that relate to your later vote on her?

I also don't like the comments about metagame that don't involve giving opinions about people while still looking like he's active:

I also don't understand this thing with Ecco.

So was Ecco's post a scum post? Why do you want to vote for Ecco? Why does other people's meta reads matter? What is going on.

I like responding to stuff!

TMM and I seem to be on the same page about chic acting strange and overly picky on TMM's aggressive nature. However, I had thought that Chic had used it as a scum justification to vote TMM and was mistake. I then unvoted. However, chic is a player I'm confident can give good reads when town and "Jake and Opop not playing is bothering me" is not the kind of show I'd expect from town chic. FWIW, I don't expect this kind of case from scum Asiina d1 so I don't think you're scum and believe I was mistaken on chic.

Re: ecco, other people having meta reads matters because I have played very few games ecco is actually in. With that in mind, people not jumping on her for being scum is weirding me out. I'll probably continue to keep an eye on her, and would be willing to vote her today but I am a bit hesitant as a result of meta stuff. Also that post isn't inherently scummy, but it's bad and pings my scumdar and keeps me on edge.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Disregarding the fact that it's Murmur Twin now, does anyone want to dissuade my from my case on PMush, because I still think it's the best that can be made and it has surprised me no one has any inclination of any sort towards it or even against it.

I won't make deadline probably as it'll be too late for me.

Looking at vote leader I don't want to have to vote Jake since it's a lazy vote and non-tell vote and it's a wasted execution on our part since we're not really furthering our goal by eliminating him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Disregarding the fact that it's Murmur Twin now, does anyone want to dissuade my from my case on PMush, because I still think it's the best that can be made and it has surprised me no one has any inclination of any sort towards it or even against it.

Looking at vote leader I don't want to have to vote Jake since it's a lazy vote and non-tell vote and it's a wasted execution on our part since we're not really furthering our goal by eliminating him.

not a bad case for d1. Small but notable content.

But then MMT is here and idk what to make of it yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm not seeing much in PMush, but she didn't really post all that much either.

Unfortunately, I think Jake is going to end up being the best option because the votes are pretty well spread out. Although we won't really get much useful information off of the vote, it's not really a wasted execution and does further towns goals because he is a claimed 3P who isn't interested in hunting scum. So removing him from the game does prevent scum from an easier win.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

I'm not seeing much in PMush, but she didn't really post all that much either.

Unfortunately, I think Jake is going to end up being the best option because the votes are pretty well spread out. Although we won't really get much useful information off of the vote, it's not really a wasted execution and does further towns goals because he is a claimed 3P who isn't interested in hunting scum. So removing him from the game does prevent scum from an easier win.

It's not the worst trade off, but it still gives the scum a kill on us.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's not the worst trade off, but it still gives the scum a kill on us.

Yeah but even if we hung scum today, they still would get a kill on us.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a lynch of claimed 3P on d1 isn't a bad option imo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I cleared my PMs in case anyone tried to message me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but even if we hung scum today, they still would get a kill on us.

Yeah that's not how I meant it. But in a perfect world (discounting doctors) we get one of theirs and they get one of ours. Here we don't get one of theirs and they still get one of ours. The silver lining is that we're also not getting one of ours.

No matter!

Kashuno posted:

a lynch of claimed 3P on d1 isn't a bad option imo

In lieu of a solid scum pick no it's not a bad option I'll concede.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While I'm obviously biased, I see PMush's post re: Ecco/Taste as more of a D1 hypothesis and less of a hard scum read/chain-lynch.

quote:

I disagree - you're discounting the fact that Jake could be lying about being Survivor. If he's lying, I find it hard to believe that town would make that up. And if he's telling the truth, all the stuff I said when I voted (that he's admitted he's not going to try and hunt scum, that he has the ability to push LYLO up a day should scum gain the upper hand) applies.

Tommunist posted:

Is survived a powerful 3rd party role? It seems silly to put your vote down on third party rather then actually hunt for scum

---

And by silly I mean scummy.

These posts are suspicious to me - they feel more like "trying to have content out there" than looking for scum. The typical follow-up to "___ is scummy" is to case someone but there's no follow-up here.

Tomm - any reads?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm inclined to agree. a player who is not going to join in hunting scum is useless at best, and detrimental at worst. It could very easily be a scum gambit to not get lynched. Or it could just be jake loving around and being jake. Either way ##vote Jake

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd be fine with a Jake lynch. I don't think he's lying scum, but if he's not even going to try then whatever.

I won't put him at -2 with so much time left to go though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Flavor is relevant in this game so you probably shouldn't tell anyone!

JakeP posted:

My flavor is Dropout i failed out of college in year 1

While I acknowledge that D1 flavor cases are generally weaksauce, it's on my mind so I'll say it - the idea of someone who failed out of college year 1 and dropped out being a Survivor in this game doesn't make sense to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I checked out PMush's history and I don't see that post you mentioned as being objectionable. It's not exactly a strong read, but it was very early into D1 so I'm fine with it. The Taste/Ecco thing seems more like musing about possibilities, like MMT said.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Happy birthday Keane!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012