Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the 'lady steals from kid' black friday video is fake because lol white people dont steal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7klNQyyLpiA

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/nov/27/black-friday-fight-video-fake-or-real/

quote:

Watch this video. (If you haven't already. It's getting shared a lot.)
Too good to be true?

Does that seem legit to you? Hmm.

Snopes ("Rumor Has It"), which exists to point out that there are actually things on the internet that are not true, makes some good points about the video's dubiousness:

The video starts with a mad rush, like someone had just yelled "Action!"

photo
Mad rush of "shoppers." You Tube and user BlackFriday Fight

The lady with the Black Friday victim kid wanders in from off camera already carrying several of the boxes of everyone is fighting over. (How DID she get them?)

photo
How did she get these steamers? You Tube and user BlackFriday Fight

The Evil Woman In Red who snags the package from the kid could have instead just picked one of the remaining boxes from the pallet or the floor, right next to her evil feet.

photo
Available steamers all over. (The condition of the woman at center is not known. We assume she got a steamer.) You Tube and user BlackFriday Fight

We would add:

Would a crowd of shoppers on this planet really make a mad rush for vegetable steamers? A digital bacon-donut deep fryer would be way more conceivable.
The clerk, who is dressed like a member of the Geek Squad, just stands there like an extra as the melee unfolds.
The account it was posted on is BlackFriday Fight, and it is the only video on the account.

These obvious red flags didn't stop actual newspeople from sharing on The Twitter. ("Going VIRAL!" We won't out them here; they know who they are.)

Of course, these things do happen. This scuffle – or scuffles, but it looks like the same store – looks way more believable. First they are scuffling over some electronic device, not something for healthful cooking.
"No, no, no, no. ..."

Also you have the guard coming in at the end of the first clip with that commanding "No, no no, no ..."

And of course, these have got to be legit:
"Yo Adrian, I got us a TV!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
elliot rodgers was right.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever the videos of people brawling over cheap plastic poo poo are way better anyway.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
As desperately as that person wants the video to be fake to protect the poor white people, it's most definitely real

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

interwhat posted:

As desperately as that person wants the video to be fake to protect the poor white people, it's most definitely real

Dude, look at the video. It's got nothing to do with projecting whatever pet racial bias you're going for, but simply nothing about the vid makes any sense

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Who gives a gently caress

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Black Friday Fights are False Flags.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dead Precedents posted:

Black Friday Fights are False Flags.

dey are trynta make capitalism look bad!

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

now that 4-year old can't steam their vegetables :( even though their mother is already holding three vegetable steamers, and there are at least a dozen of the same steamers all over the floor.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
It's not like massive amounts of surreal and lovely behavior doesn't happen on black Friday. The only things you need to make a realistic black friday parody are two people behaving like retarded assholes and one to hold the camera and say worldstar over and over.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Adventure Pigeon posted:

It's not like massive amounts of surreal and lovely behavior doesn't happen on black Friday. The only things you need to make a realistic black friday parody are two people behaving like retarded assholes and one to hold the camera vertical like a retard and say worldstar over and over.
ftfy

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Adventure Pigeon posted:

It's not like massive amounts of surreal and lovely behavior doesn't happen on black Friday. The only things you need to make a realistic black friday parody are two people behaving like retarded assholes and one to hold the camera and say worldstar over and over.

yeah, there are a hundred real videos that are just as hosed up if not more, but this is the one everyone is sharing? da fuq

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

if you start doing a vertical recording, your smartphone should call you a dumb piece of poo poo then brick itself.

new app idea do not steal

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lmao @ people who are so crushed by the white man's economy that they are literally reduced to behaving animals for my amusement, merely for the prospect of saving 10-15 dollars

theres a reason we don't put bootstraps on sale, you know

*twirles moustache*

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
theres something theyre putting in the water, i swear to god things have gotten really stupid about "poor white people" in the last year

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

what a racist thread!!

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit
My first thought when I saw that video was that it doesn't look like a real product or a real store and everything is framed too perfectly to be a real video.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods knew

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The mother who brought her small child to black friday to make him carry around useless poo poo is worse than the thief lady anyway.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Please post more videos of people fighting each other for minor discounts on lovely products.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

before anyone asks, the video where i taze myself in the balls is 100% real

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

RiperSnifler posted:

My first thought when I saw that video was that it doesn't look like a real product or a real store and everything is framed too perfectly to be a real video.

same. if it were legit it would look a lot lower quality and you wouldn't be able to hear anything over the screaming and terrible quality christmas music. also who the gently caress cares about a vegetable steamer and where's the drat entrance that these people are supposedly flooding in from?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Holy poo poo my farts smell really good right now. Wish I could bottle this fragrance and huff it every time I get anxious.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Inside job

Crisis actors

Other thing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this is all part of the secret gay agenda

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
lol a bunch of fat americans fighting over vegetable steamers they'll never use

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

NecroMonster posted:

dey are trynta make capitalism look bad!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

its real, i know cause im the lady. i steal from kids all the time what are they gonna do

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

uck youu bitch

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

It was obviously fake, I mean there's a reason it's called BLACK Friday

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I too steal a vegetable steamer from a kid when theres like 30 on the ground and on a pallet next to him.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was actually very impressed with that white ladies spin move so I'm disappointed it's fake

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Thanks for the heads up OP. This was almost the impetus for me to join the black lives matter movement.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Demonachizer posted:

Thanks for the heads up OP. This was almost the impetus for me to join the black lives matter movement.

might I suggest

#blackbeansmatter?

They're pretty drat tasty.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

might I suggest

#blackbeansmatter?

They're pretty drat tasty.

I think you mean #allbeansmatter :smug:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Demonachizer posted:

I think you mean #allbeansmatter :smug:

i've had pizza beans, i've had kidney beans, and other beans

but lets be honest here. Black beans and whatever they use to make hummus chiqpeas or however it is is spelled are the good ones. The rest can go die in a gutter.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

i've had pizza beans, i've had kidney beans, and other beans

but lets be honest here. Black beans and whatever they use to make hummus chiqpeas or however it is is spelled are the good ones. The rest can go die in a gutter.

Have you had a nice cassoulet with haricots blancs? White beans in this instance are far superior. They are the master bean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassoulet

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Demonachizer posted:

Have you had a nice cassoulet with haricots blancs? White beans in this instance are far superior. They are the master bean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassoulet

black beans have a rich flavor and texture that your white beans probably would loving ruin if they had their way.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
a fake youtube video?

well, i never!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Someone post it inline I don't want to click a link thanks

• Locked thread