Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
1. the novelty of taking the stock noir detectives character and giving a lady all those attributes has not worn off for me after 4 episodes, it's a cute conceit

2. it sucks how they have panty shots of jane from breaking bad in every episode but the camera never looks far enough around her hips to get a good sense of the rear end which is troubling

3. otoh it's cool how she invites luke cage up her butt so she can show off her supernaturally resilient anus, says a lot about the character in a short time. "show dont tell" as they say

4. comic book shows and movies are always really bad but some are not without their charms as well like captain america winter soldier and this show which seems ok so far even tho there's trite as gently caress dialogue and situations all over the place

5. i think the show will be better and less beating the viewer of the head with heavy feminism themes when they finally defeat puple dr who man who is the human personification of rape and the show can move on from showing jessica being massively triggered all the time with bad purple color correction all up in everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
jessica jones takes it up the rear end from luke cage

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
yeah apparently that's canon from the comic book but idk im not a child so i dont read comics i just watch netflix series based on kids comics like a grown rear end adukt

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

wiffle ball bat posted:

panty shots of jane from breaking bad

Sold

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
in summary this show is better than the walking dead and fear the walking dead combined

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I p much agree with OP.

Also: just wear earplugs, idiot.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Who the hell is Jessica Jones? Despite being a long time comic nerd i have no idea who the character is. I thought initially maybe she was she hulk but that's not it. It seems like marvel just picked a random person out for a tv series because their name has alliteration.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

Also: just wear earplugs, idiot.

lol for chrissakes

i hope this terrible plot hole is addressed at some point because dang

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Millions of Crows posted:

Who the hell is Jessica Jones? Despite being a long time comic nerd i have no idea who the character is. I thought initially maybe she was she hulk but that's not it. It seems like marvel just picked a random person out for a tv series because their name has alliteration.

she's a hard foul mouthed drinkin hard fuckin noir detective lady who is as about as strong as two large men and has the anal elasticity of same.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

It is a kind of odd idea for a show, it's like someone wanted to raise awareness of partner abuse and stalking. So they created a character people could relate to; a superheroine private detective with super strength in the marvel universe.

Pretty good so far. Not as good as Daredevil, but not as preachy. Looking forward to Punisher as well. His superpower is gun.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
poo poo i forgot the most important point

6. the opening theme music is awesome until that goofball 80s hairmetal guitar solo kicks in, goddamn turd in the punchbowl of a guitar solo.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

wiffle ball bat posted:

she's a hard foul mouthed drinkin hard fuckin noir detective lady who is as about as strong as two large men and has the anal elasticity of same.

Did she appear in any Marvel books ever? Was she just invented for a tv series?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

she was introduced in a series which the show is loosely based on in like the mid 2000s and then got mixed into the rest of the universe

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Millions of Crows posted:

Did she appear in any Marvel books ever? Was she just invented for a tv series?

she's been around since 2001 according to the wikipedia page that came up when i did a brief and painless google search for the info you requested

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

sounds stupid

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's surprisingly good and heavy for a Marvel property but I'm sure it'll be appropriately family friendly for Joss Whedon's next $250 million TV episode Avengers 5: Doom Wars where they defeat Doom Man's Doomsday Device

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
im watching ep 5 and jj's famous talk show host best friend is getting her puss et by a sad cop who tried to kill her because of mind control in the 3rd episode and he said he was sorry and gave her a gun

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

It's surprisingly good and heavy for a Marvel property but I'm sure it'll be appropriately family friendly for Joss Whedon's next $250 million TV episode Avengers 5: Doom Wars where they defeat Doom Man's Doomsday Device

joss whedon doesnt do avengers anymore because the studio broke him

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
watching the first ep and itd be cool if they had a show where it was a strong female protag and also she wasnt just strong to put up a front because she was raped or her bf left her or something basically conan the barbarian but a lady

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
It's rear end I watched 2 episodes and turned it off.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Robo Reagan posted:

watching the first ep and itd be cool if they had a show where it was a strong female protag and also she wasnt just strong to put up a front because she was raped or her bf left her or something basically conan the barbarian but a lady
Wasn't that red Sonja

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hmm yeah I bet this television show made by marvel comics is going to be good and entertaining.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
It gets better as the season goes on. I agree the bad guy angle was really dumb until they start playing the childhood home angle. They have okay characters and an okay setting but they just took it in a really boring direction for some reason with the power of suggestion man.

Then again I like marvel agents of shield and arrow so who knows what my opinion is worth. I also thought daredevil wasn't that good and was hoping they'd just casually kill the character. If I remember right daredevil is better than jessica jones at least.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aralan posted:

Wasn't that red Sonja

oh yeah

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

wiffle ball bat posted:

3. otoh it's cool how she invites luke cage up her butt so she can show off her supernaturally resilient anus, says a lot about the character in a short time. "show dont tell" as they say

Is this another doggystyle = anal assumption?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Robo Reagan posted:

joss whedon doesnt do avengers anymore because the studio broke him

So who's going to film dumb quips with mediocre cinematography now?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

My Q-Face posted:

Is this another doggystyle = anal assumption?

it's not doggy she's on her tummy. in the visual parlance of cinema, that's an assfucking.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

So who's going to film dumb quips with mediocre cinematography now?

Directors: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Writers: Jack Kirby (comic book by), Christopher Markus (screenplay), 2 more credits »

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I thought it was a pretty good show and I'd like to watch a season two where she can deal with villains that don't trigger her

Aug 4, 2010

im up to ep 8 and its poo poo

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
then why would you watch 8 episodes

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

www posted:

im up to ep 8 and its poo poo

ur poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Can someone specify which episode has the anal sex so I can skip everything else

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

wiffle ball bat posted:

poo poo i forgot the most important point

6. the opening theme music is awesome until that goofball 80s hairmetal guitar solo kicks in, goddamn turd in the punchbowl of a guitar solo.

The opening them song sounds like the intro to Peep show

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so whats her super power

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

so whats her super power
squinty vagina

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
rape baby + improvised abortion (failed) in e6

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

why would you watch comic book show when you could watch man in the high castle which is pretty good imo

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Necros posted:

why would you watch comic book show when you could watch man in the high castle which is pretty good imo

ill watch it eventually but i got kinda bored with the book and i like pkd

this show has teen girls paying big mexican lesbians to beat the rape baby out of their tummies

not boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Necros posted:

Because MitHC is pretty crap comparatively

• Locked thread