Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wiffle ball bat posted:

rape baby + improvised abortion (failed) in e6

hell, so am i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Jessica Jones needs to change her clothes and wash her filthy panties IMO

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

would people who dont like comic book stuff like this maybe?

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I watched up to the last episode today. Can confirm, it's a good show.

Also, that goofy guitar solo and the lovely trumpet are really loving it up. That and the pacing. Should have been condensed to 10 eps. IMO.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Necros posted:

I don't read comics and I didn't bother reading the wiki on JJ until after I watched the show and I still liked it.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Necros posted:

i dont watch the network marvel shows because they're bad and i thought daredevil was cheesy as gently caress but i think this is interesting and watchable if not necessarily Good

it's the least comic book-y marvel adaptation i've seen ever

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Necros posted:

Probably not since it's about a comic book character? It's more "realistic" than the marvel movies, but she can still pick up cars and her boyfriend has invincible skin or something

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

wiffle ball bat posted:

i dont watch the network marvel shows because they're bad and i thought daredevil was cheesy as gently caress but i think this is interesting and watchable if not necessarily Good

it's the least comic book-y marvel adaptation i've seen ever

I thought Daredevil was less comic booky. His super power is basically just being blind but not really, and his villains didn't really have powers. Also he gets the poo poo kicked out of him like all the time in his series. JJ only really gets beat up in a few fights against other people with super powers, but she super heals in between. I did like JJ better than DD though, she was definitely a more interesting character

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

site posted:

I don't read comics and I didn't bother reading the wiki on JJ until after I watched the show and I still liked it.
yeah but

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
the amount of sexual activity among the attractive cast contrasted with the total dearth of butts or boobs is really frustrating and confounding. i want to see the naked skin of people who are attractive for a living and i'm enjoying the show 15-20% less than i would be if they would just man up and throw me an rear end cheek just to tide me over please

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Someone bought it for me after I said I didn't like anime :/

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Aralan posted:

I thought Daredevil was less comic booky. His super power is basically just being blind but not really, and his villains didn't really have powers. Also he gets the poo poo kicked out of him like all the time in his series. JJ only really gets beat up in a few fights against other people with super powers, but she super heals in between. I did like JJ better than DD though, she was definitely a more interesting character

daredevil has mystic ninjas and all the fight scenes look like the matrix. the dialogue is a lot cheesier and the performances are hammier and much less naturalistic. the plot is an orphan vigilante uses his physical gifts to save the city from evil. that's what i meant by comic book-y

the fight choreography in jj is rad since the two people doing most of the fighting look like they've never had to learn to fight, jj just tosses people like sacks of potatoes and luke cage just lets people hit him until he can get his hands on them.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i thought it was cool how killgrave was clearly a representation of big data/nsa

they control your needs and desires (with ads and bubbling) even to the point of hurting yourself, they spy on you constantly and when you aren't being spied on they force you to spy on yourself (jess literally takes selfies for him). they're obsessed with you, want nothing more than for you to love them and want to continue your insanely abusive relationship with them because as far as they're concerned its all consensual

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

chaosbreather posted:

i thought it was cool how killgrave was clearly a representation of big data/nsa

they control your needs and desires (with ads and bubbling) even to the point of hurting yourself, they spy on you constantly and when you aren't being spied on they force you to spy on yourself (jess literally takes selfies for him). they're obsessed with you, want nothing more than for you to love them and want to continue your insanely abusive relationship with them because as far as they're concerned its all consensual

he's just a walking rape.

Aug 4, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

then why would you watch 8 episodes

im dumb as poo poo and have nothing better to do, its only roughly 13 hours of my life to watch anyway, plus i wanna be up to date when The Defenders comes out

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

wiffle ball bat posted:

daredevil has mystic ninjas and all the fight scenes look like the matrix. the dialogue is a lot cheesier and the performances are hammier and much less naturalistic. the plot is an orphan vigilante uses his physical gifts to save the city from evil. that's what i meant by comic book-y

the fight choreography in jj is rad since the two people doing most of the fighting look like they've never had to learn to fight, jj just tosses people like sacks of potatoes and luke cage just lets people hit him until he can get his hands on them.

I pretty much agree with you, but also feel the need to point out that, at least in the timeline of her series, JJ is also an orphan vigilante using her physical gifts to save the city from evil. She just gets drunk a lot while she fumbles her way through it.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Aralan posted:

I pretty much agree with you, but also feel the need to point out that, at least in the timeline of her series, JJ is also an orphan vigilante using her physical gifts to save the city from evil. She just gets drunk a lot while she fumbles her way through it.

i haven't been paying really close attention but isn't the plot moved forward by her PI powers as much as by the bad guy's machinations? but yeah fair point about her being an orphan

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

evil dr. who saves this show

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

wiffle ball bat posted:

jessica is constantly trying to knock people unconscious by throwing them into furniture i think she might be retarded (explains the strength???)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Given her style of throwing people into things, she really should've invested in some sturdier furniture, and maybe not a door with a big glass panel on it. This might be explained by her superpower of being a dummy though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My gf really likes this show and she typically hates all comic book movies and nerd poo poo

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

the guy who takes a literal red pill and gets super anger powers is a good character too

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah I hope they make another series about psychotic drug addict cop, he can make smoothies with a bunch of red pills in them and drink them and then murder criminals and also any cops/superheroes who get in his way

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Like the punisher but with less boring backstory to get in the way

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the show is boring but she has a really nice rear end

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Aralan posted:

Yeah I hope they make another series about psychotic drug addict cop, he can make smoothies with a bunch of red pills in them and drink them and then murder criminals and also any cops/superheroes who get in his way

Sounds like the Iron Fist is shaping up to be pretty good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hogge Wild posted:

the show is boring but she has a really nice rear end

Aug 4, 2010

she climbs a ladder

http://webmshare.com/1RY6z

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

wiffle ball bat posted:

5. i think the show will be better and less beating the viewer of the head with heavy feminism themes when they finally defeat puple dr who man who is the human personification of rape and the show can move on from showing jessica being massively triggered all the time with bad purple color correction all up in everything

Feminist tv show runners have no idea how off-putting and alienating it is when they put their tired feminist hobby horse (i.e endless complaints that the crime of rape is a thing that happens) front and center into their tv programs. The people in "Jessica Jones" aren't people but feminist archetypes, so gently caress that noise.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

starry skies above posted:

Feminist tv show runners have no idea how off-putting and alienating it is when they put their tired feminist hobby horse (i.e endless complaints that the crime of rape is a thing that happens) front and center into their tv programs. The people in "Jessica Jones" aren't people but feminist archetypes, so gently caress that noise.

arent you that guy who just made a thread about being 35 and living with your parents and working at wendys

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

wiffle ball bat posted:

arent you that guy who just made a thread about being 35 and living with your parents and working at wendys

Does that invalidate my opinion on bad tv shows by feminists?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

quote:

endless complaints that the crime of rape is a thing that happens

u cant go this over the top its not plausible anymore

Aug 4, 2010

he doesnt even rape her in the comics, just makes her watch while he fucks other chicks making her beg that he fucks her, screwing with her head. which is probably more hosed up but I guess its easier for the tv viewer if he straight up raped her.

edit; for the record both are bad

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
itd be cooler if his name was rape man and he wore tights and a cape with a big red r on the front

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

wiffle ball bat posted:

u cant go this over the top its not plausible anymore

Complaining about rape endlessly has become a political tool of 3rd wave feminists in the past five years to such an extent that they've painted women as being mostly child like mentally and men as being responsible for any sex that happens. See the "yes means yes" campus thing which some are actually trying to turn into the basis for state and national law. Sorry for connecting the themes of this feminist tv show to the broader cultural context in which many feminists are man-hating harpies who obsess about rape because it allows them to demonize male sexuality in its entirety.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Show was really pretty good, then in episode 7 it cuts a hard left and Paul Walkers right into a big old wall of retard.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

starry skies above posted:

Complaining about rape endlessly has become a political tool of 3rd wave feminists in the past five years to such an extent that they've painted women as being mostly child like mentally and men as being responsible for any sex that happens. See the "yes means yes" campus thing which some are actually trying to turn into the basis for state and national law. Sorry for connecting the themes of this feminist tv show to the broader cultural context in which many feminists are man-hating harpies who obsess about rape because it allows them to demonize male sexuality in its entirety.

pertaining to the question you asked earlier if being 35 and living with your parents and working at wendy's invalidates your opinions on gender politics the answer is yes it does

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Frankenstyle posted:

Show was really pretty good, then in episode 7 it cuts a hard left and Paul Walkers right into a big old wall of retard.

oh gosh and how

at least they wrapped the i need to go to prison for stupid reasons plot in one episode, yuck

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

wiffle ball bat posted:

pertaining to the question you asked earlier if being 35 and living with your parents and working at wendy's invalidates your opinions on gender politics the answer is yes it does

How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

wiffle ball bat posted:

at least they wrapped the i need to go to prison for stupid reasons plot in one episode, yuck

Yeah. I'm glad they didn't go down that road, but everything about it was just so goddam dumb I don't think I can work up the motivation to watch anymore of it.

• Locked thread