Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Devil Survivor should've had jokes.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
SMH if you didn't pick the autistic dialogue option at every opportunity in that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Devil Survivor was a joke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they killed all the funny people. RIP.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

calling it the autistic dialogue option is lame, mod person.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I am allowed to make fun of my own people.

Those are the rules.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked it when Record Breaker had both dialogue choices be jokey answers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

they killed all the funny people. RIP.

why would you do that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it boggles the mind. the whole reason you'd make a videogame anime is for it to serve as fanservice and an advertisement; killing a whole bunch of the characters, even in ways that can't happen in the game, seems to run counter to that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

but it's morning.....

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

it boggles the mind. the whole reason you'd make a videogame anime is for it to serve as fanservice and an advertisement; killing a whole bunch of the characters, even in ways that can't happen in the game, seems to run counter to that.

They killed everyone. They rewrote the story to be completely serious.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm gonna make an Atelier anime where the main character misses all the deadlines and becomes a hobo, and not even a dancing hobo.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

:fsn:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

I'm an expert in autism and I will allow the mod to do that.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

so it's like huniepop except sometimes the answers are something a normal person would say

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also theres demons but yeah, totally like huniepop

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Bad Seafood posted:

I am allowed to make fun of my own people.

Those are the rules.

I didn't see that in the rules thread!!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I sampled the Persona 4 anime and I kinda got caught in the tension between "this would be kind of cool to see animated" and "this would be kind of redundant to see animated." I haven't watched any of the Persona 3 movies but I feel like it might end up the same way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The persona 4 anim is at its best when the characters aren't in a dungeon

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Namtab posted:

The persona 4 anim is at its best when the characters aren't in a dungeon

This was also the impression I got from the few episodes I watched.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Much like the Persona 4 game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Much like the Persona 4 game

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Kishi's worst problem actually, is that he keeps getting jobs where he adapts things and they don't give him enough episodes so he has to crunch a billion things into a short running time and it turns out lifeless and dull as a result. DanganRonpa and Devil Survivor should have been 24 epsiodes series, but they weren't and nobody could have made anything good from those properties in the time given. Hamatora was just downright poo poo though.

Really? That seems like a lot of shows for that to happen with particularly him at the helm. At the very least I know of Angel Beats, and now Dangan Ronpa and Devil Survivor.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Looks like it's mainly going to be Boku Dake for me this time around but Dimension W and Dagashi Kashi look worth trying.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hadn't seen this Bungo Stray Dogs PV yet, in case anyone wants to get hype with me for whatever future season it's going to end up in :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mob Psycho 100, from the original creator and writer of One Punch Man, is getting an anime by Bones next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-01/one-punch-man-creator-mob-psycho-100-manga-gets-tv-anime/.95972

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Mob Psycho 100, from the original creator and writer of One Punch Man, is getting an anime by Bones next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-01/one-punch-man-creator-mob-psycho-100-manga-gets-tv-anime/.95972

i can't wait to see the key visuals/character art, lol

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i like one punch man a lot but don't read mob psycho

i tried a couple times but only got a few chapters in before ADHD struck

i am excited for the chance for my ADHD addled mind to be able to experience ONE's other work

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Nothing really stands out for me this season, I may watch the sweet shop one just for something to watch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only gave a cursory glance at the listings but I doesn't seem like there's anything really interesting this season.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

I only gave a cursory glance at the listings but I doesn't seem like there's anything really interesting this season.

Your avatar is very festive.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

I feel like people say this literally every season

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

If someone doesn't make the same stupid post every season the anime gods are displeased and there are no good shows

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

planning to check out: Active Raid, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Bubuki Buranki, Dagashi Kashi, Dimension W, Grimgar, Haruchika, gay wizard show, DEEN reincarnation show, the KyoAni show, Prince of Stride, Bahamut spinoff, MuvLuv spinoff, the Rakugo show, Ojisan to Marshmallow, Yamishibai, and Sekkou Boys

17 :shittypop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yeah but i usually watch 2 or 3 shows a season and I have impeccable taste. So it means a lot when I say it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

nothing caught my eye from that list, i'm just gonna wait and see what shows have some good buzz over here after a few episodes are out

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah but i usually watch 2 or 3 shows a season and I have impeccable taste. So it means a lot when I say it.

I average one, or zero shows. In fact, I hardly watch any anime at all, I just read manga. So therefore I have superior taste.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I average one, or zero shows. In fact, I hardly watch any anime at all, I just read manga. So therefore I have superior taste.

Any good manga finish recently? I'm always looking for stuff I can read at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Any good manga finish recently? I'm always looking for stuff I can read at work.

Ahhh completed series? No, not that I can recall. Most of what I keep up with is just-started and ongoing series. Sorry! :shrug:

• Locked thread