Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's certainly better than the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

That's certainly better than the first one.

there's more dad, and dad being cute :mrgw:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

there's more dad, and dad being cute :mrgw:

Yeah there was a definite lack of the dad in the first PV and I was wondering if his part had been cut down or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

winter season looking strong

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
What site/program is that?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bad Seafood posted:

What site/program is that?

mal updater

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I always found Taiga to be more responsive and useful than MAL Updater, but I guess it's a matter of preference.

Also Taiga doesn't uguu at me constantly due to connection errors.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Reds posted:

I always found Taiga to be more responsive and useful than MAL Updater, but I guess it's a matter of preference.

Also Taiga doesn't uguu at me constantly due to connection errors.

but taiga worst girl

can taiga hook into mal so i don't have to redo all my lists?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

I-it's not like Taiga crashed f-for you or anything!
lol

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Taiga is pretty good. Also finally a reason to make a MAL account.

pandaK posted:

A MAL or Hummingbird account is necessary for Taiga to work.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

winter season looking strong

Are they redoing Seven Deadly Sins already?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Are they redoing Seven Deadly Sins already?

No? It's just the second season.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, feels like people normally reserve Show Name (20xx) for 'the same show, but redone'. Everything else on the list is Show Name 2/2nd Season.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

pandaK posted:

but taiga worst girl

Yes, that's what it uses. Here's what the UI looks like. There's also a handful of useful features like how you can set it to automatically download airing shows for you.

That just reminds me that I really need to update my watching list to be more up to date.

Reds fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 29, 2015

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

This is the first I've ever heard of this series, and this trailer did a really good job of selling it to me.

darkgray posted:

Edit: Trailer for spring's Shounen Maid as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR5mnSbXNQM

I remember the manga for this being pretty good.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Taiga owns. I've added all my current stuff and the next season in like 5 minutes:

And AniChart also works well with MAL so I've got like a really good 'workflow' now. The only thing left is adding my back catalog.

Also: I've updated the PV section with the improved Dagashi Kashi PV. And I'll also update the OP later today. There are like two new shows...

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

darkgray posted:

Spring show teaser, Bakuon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EQGOIHBEWs

Everything we could possibly want in one single anime.

Holy poo poo I didn't know this was getting an anime! The manga was pretty entertaining from a slice-of-life-with-motorcycles perspective and I really dig Onsa's hair. I'm also a fan of Anime Girl The Stig.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hype levels growing.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
This should get everyone even more excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew

Here's a Rewrite trailer I can't see in my country, apparently, but maybe someone will enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsI7Nr2egg

The upper half of the BD+DVD sales list is out, so most of the fall 2015 shows are accounted for. Top 5 seems to be:

Owarimonogatari: 23,418 copies
Gochiusa s2: 12,510
Gundam Orphans: 9,254
One-Punch Man: 8,887
Star-Myu: 8,207

Monogatari series sales keep dropping every season. Maybe they waited too long with Kizu.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

darkgray posted:

This should get everyone even more excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIA9xg2oIew

Here's a Rewrite trailer I can't see in my country, apparently, but maybe someone will enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsI7Nr2egg

The upper half of the BD+DVD sales list is out, so most of the fall 2015 shows are accounted for. Top 5 seems to be:

Gochiusa s2: 12,510
Gundam Orphans: 9,254
Star-Myu: 8,207

Monogatari series sales keep dropping every season. Maybe they waited too long with Kizu.

It's dropping... and it still did better than anything else????

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Another Taiga user here, it is a good and convenient application. As long as you are comfortable with the Internet knowing your awful anime viewing habits.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

darkgray posted:

There is no god

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's dropping... and it still did better than anything else????

For comparison, the first volume numbers for previous seasons:

Bakemonogatari v1: 82,803
Nisemonogatari v1: 65,133
Nekomonogatari Kuro v1: 57,014
Monogatari Second Season v1: 46,155
Tsukimonogatari v1: 33,866
Hanamonogatari v1: 37,624

(this is accumulated over time, mind you, not just first week like for Owarimonogatari right now)

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
What is the consensus on Nurse Witch Komugi? There's not terribly much on livechart that appeals to me beyond dularala, GATE and rear end class, and maybe the school band mystery show. A magical girl parody might be just what I need in my life.

Any previous work from the studios involved shed any light on whether it may be legitimately funny?

Edit: how is the rewrite game? I tend to avoid animeificatioms of VNs just because I feel like it'd always be preferable to read them.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 29, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rewrite is both pretty long and pretty melodramatic, but it works and has some interesting ideas and likable characters. in other words, its' by key.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's the norm for a show with a ton of seasons to have fewer sales w subsequent entries (esp after that many), so I don't think it's terribly worrying

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

There is no god

monogatari is good as hell

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

What is the consensus on Nurse Witch Komugi? There's not terribly much on livechart that appeals to me beyond dularala, GATE and rear end class, and maybe the school band mystery show. A magical girl parody might be just what I need in my life.

It's a reboot of an obscure early 00's OVA with no particular traction, there's no telling how it will turn out. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

The original was kinda neat in a "I've never heard of this in my life, but it's really weird and not terrible" sort of way. I wouldn't say it's good overall but it has it's moments.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

madmac posted:

It's a reboot of an obscure early 00's OVA with no particular traction, there's no telling how it will turn out. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

The original was kinda neat in a "I've never heard of this in my life, but it's really weird and not terrible" sort of way. I wouldn't say it's good overall but it has it's moments.

Komugi was a spin-off of The SoulTaker, which has to be seen, though. Some of the most amazingly gorgeous visuals in anime history, as far as I'm concerned.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

Any previous work from the studios involved shed any light on whether it may be legitimately funny?

Edit: how is the rewrite game? I tend to avoid animeificatioms of VNs just because I feel like it'd always be preferable to read them.

Rewrite has a lot of stuff I liked, including most of the characters and most of the fight scenes, but it was too long and the parts written by the 3 different writers didn't match up very well thematically or even in terms of plot details. I think an anime version that cut some of the chaff could be good, although I'm not completely sure they could fit it into 26 episodes without cutting some actual substance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

madmac posted:

I'm at least going to check it out hoping they capitalize on that "Weird early 00's OVA I found at Suncoast knowing nothing about" nostalgia. The character designs aren't too modernized, which was gonna be a dealbreaker for me.

If you want a taste of the original, here's an old-rear end AMV of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG7CobZ04a4

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

madmac posted:

I wasn't aware of that. So, on that note, what's the email address of the decisions guy at that company, and how do I say "Do Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan next season" in Japanese?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lmbo @ all y'alls anime spreadsheets.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

monogatari is good as hell

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Silver2195 posted:

Rewrite has a lot of stuff I liked, including most of the characters and most of the fight scenes, but it was too long and the parts written by the 3 different writers didn't match up very well thematically or even in terms of plot details. I think an anime version that cut some of the chaff could be good, although I'm not completely sure they could fit it into 26 episodes without cutting some actual substance.

Yeah, this, pretty much. It is a long'n, as VNs go, but I finished it and considered it satisfying. It does make me wonder about which ending they're going to go for, though, since as Silver says, they were written by more than one writer and consequently are completely different from each other (it's not like Clannad, where you can just scoop the individual plots of the other routs into the main one without too much trouble), and the "True" ending is dependent on the things you find out in the other endings! Soo... I dunno.

There are some really pretty designs and concepts that I hope make it in though...

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

Lmbo @ all y'alls anime spreadsheets.

I am glad the anime spreadsheets period of my life is over, but cannot deny the temptation.

Particularly since it looks like the tech has come along quite a bit since anidb.net.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't have spreadsheets, instead dozens and dozens of .txt files.

e: actually I have the spreadsheet too

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 29, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It was just to show that I was watching a potential 17 shows next season, nbd

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

17 is on the low end for me

Maybe not this season though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I sometimes intend to give that many shows a shot, but I always end up only sticking with a couple at best, even if there are a bunch of good ones that season.

• Locked thread