Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

AlphaKretin posted:

I couldn't quite hear, is this the version where Flaagrah's music is bugged in loops the first few seconds endlessly?

Fun fact: Flaagrah's music being bugged is a misnomer. Retro decided post-NA release that the music was too repetitive and bland and had the theme extended for future releases. I actually don't mind it either way tbh. The extended cut really fits the over-all theme of the Prime series' music, but the simplistic loop of the original just made the fight that much creepier for 13y/o me.

Chips Challenged fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

FPzero posted:

I'd like to but I might not start them immediately after I finish the LP depending on circumstances. Either way, there's still plenty of content left in this LP before it's done. I'd say there's 5 more episodes until the end of the main run and then I'm expecting the sequence-breaking run to be another dozen videos or so.

Speaking of the sequence break run, I managed to get that Action Replay code for the Fusion Suit unlock to finally work with Dolphin, so the plan is to show that off.

I'm choosing to interpret this as "I'm doing MP: Hunters 100% run next for my adoring fans."

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

FeralWraith posted:

First off, that image is never not going to be d'awwwww-inducing. You are, and forever shall be awesome, tiistai!

Secondly, the music playing when you were doing your live shenanigans was perfectly matched for you struggling to pull it off. Good job on getting it done there!

First loving prize to the dude who actually made a comment about the music! Finally!

Hey guys, I'm the other half of the hack FPZero's currently playing through right now. And yeah, like he mentioned I am working on building a nice list of all the songs featured in the game, but I am admittedly very lazy. To tide you over I'm going to link you to one set of fantastic remix albums that we basically spent hours listening to and picking from:

Harmony of a Hunter & Harmony of a Hunter - 101% Run

Harmony of a Hunter is a fantastic Metroid fan remix project available free for download and we basically picked most of our stuff from here. (I would link you via the Shinesparker's website, but it appears to be down at the moment.) I believe it is the latest mass remix album for Metroid to date since Relics of the Chozo from OCRemix waaaaaay back when.

Anyway, the song you're referring to is Solitude by zircon & C-GPO. Great song andeasily one of my favorites on the album. Here it is in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1tayX63sN4

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.
Hahaha Funny story. When FP I were up late skyping one night, trying to figure out what songs to use in the hack, he and I got into an argument about which Metroid Metal pirate's theme to use. He insisted upon using the original which he will maintain is the best version. I happen to like both, but only because I really... For the life of me cannot hear the difference. The fact he was able to notice the difference between the two while playing and not even knowing I even used both versions could very well mean he has super powers.

I mean... mundane "I can pick out the subtleties between song versions" super powers are still a leg up on us, right?. :shrug:

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Thardus' weakness to Plasma is probably just a leftover piece of data. He may have been placed later in the game earlier on in development (likely, considering he takes a while to beat) or the Plasma Beam was placed earlier in the game early in development (also likely, considering the vague elemental system in the game). There's also the possibility of a bored intern.

Also, I had an art I was working on but I all of a sudden had 21 days to find a place to live so that took priority.

Possible answer could be from Mike Sneath, one of the game's designers who says, "if I remember correctly Thardus was suppose to be in a large lava pit arena but I believe we had to change it due to time constraints." I don't see why plasma would be stronger against rock though, from an elemental standpoint, unless it was melting the rock casing to get to that delicious phazon nougat center.

Or it could just be that the Plasma Beam is just a really loving powerful weapon. Maybe it's just me, but using it during the Ridley fight makes it go a lot faster.

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

(plz Samus we don't want it. R&D bankrupted us with this poo poo. They didn't even add phazon!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chips Challenged
Jun 26, 2012

Bummer.

Ya'll missed out on a Phazon Mines specialty.

• Locked thread