Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Shei-kun posted:

Listening to Faerie Fortune describe things makes me wish I could draw anything resembling Samus, because I want to draw her in her Power Suit with a Goron Tunic now.

Fun fact about me describing things actually, I've never played a Fire Emblem game so FP gave me a sprite sheet for a bunch of FE6 (I think?) characters and had me describe them. It was about an hour of me describing such memorable characters as Spud, Nigel Thornberry, Red Goku, Deputy King and Cotton Candy Elemental and it was a really really fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

In Super Metroid when you got a game over, Samus' suit would bust open with a big flash of light and you could see her silhouette which was DEFINITELY female so it was at least hinted at back then too.

RareAcumen posted:

Also there was a comic/manga too with her being celebrated and poo poo and with a bikini lady on each arm and I feel like it's such a shame they decided to stop and change her character from there after she revealed 'Actually I am a lady.'

A canon lesbian Samus would have made me so happy and now I wish that was a reality, that would've meant a lot to kid Fae :unsmith:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I lost track of this thread sometime around page 2, you guys are nerds

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

My view while we're recording looks like esports commentary with Samus sponsored by Phazon Energy Drinks

edit: i r am speel gud :saddowns:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Yessss I knew you guys would get it, I love this forum :3:

Also FP watching this video I got mad at you for those awful puns all over again I am going to come to your house and replace all of your pens with ones that don't work :colbert:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

This will make sense in about a week

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Tardigrades are adorable and look like they're made of paper and I love those little guys so much :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

If you have $38USD you can even have a tardigrade pet to call your very own!

Okay its a plushie but it has an advantage over real ones by not being microscopic!

Also FP is very much in touch with what our viewers like

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 31, 2016

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I have an important question for you, thread

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Character creation is kind of lacking though, I would've liked to have spent some of my skill points in Having An Attention Span instead of anything else I'm actually good at

(seriously though if you hate it when I'm inattentive and don't talk about the game, these bonuses are gonna piss you off so much, I was really high)

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Sure! It's a modified version of this recipe but instead of mixing the butter with the crumbs in a processor I melt the butter with some dark chocolate and a little bit of syrup, kind of like a Mars bar cake but with biscuit crumbs instead of rice krispies

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I actually use this for the base, without the mars bars and with the rice krispies replaced with the biscuit crumbs but to be honest if you don't care a great deal and you want to whip this up super quick you can buy one of those premade flan bases and cut the edges off :shh:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Grawl posted:

So, what about that staple story?

Okay, since you asked for it. I'm putting the worst of it it under spoiler tags because it makes everyone I tell it to cringe in the worst possible way this is not a metroid prime spoiler just a really painful story.

The first thing you have to understand about Fae is that Fae has no impulse control. Zero, nada, none, ziltch. This isn't just a quirk of my personality, I have pretty bad ADHD that I don't take meds for and part of that particular neurological dysfunction is being incredibly impulsive. I don't think about half the stuff that I do because 99% of the time I'm simply incapable of it. Got that? Good.

So one day when I was old enough to know better, about 14 or so, I noticed that we own a staple gun. This is where it gets cringey because at that point,I thought to myself "I wonder how much it would hurt if I stapled myself?". Now at this point, most people would leave it at that but most people are not me. So I was alone with a staplegun, my thoughts and a complete lack of impulse control. Naturally, I held the staplegun against my thumb and did the thing. Y'know, for science. Turns out that yes, it REALLY hurts to staplegun yourself, and it hurts even more when you have to yank the staple out of yourself before your parents notice what their dumbass kid did to herself this time and send her to therapy or something. I have a cool scar on my thumb from that though and I hear chicks dig scars!

That's the staple story, and now you know why FP was so insistent that I not tell it in the video. This has been your weekly visit to the Fae Zone Bad Idea Mines, please keep all arms and legs inside the tour bus at all times.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

KieranWalker posted:

ADHD-driven impulsive curiosity overrides common sense a considerable portion of the time.

This is 100% true, I'm pretty sure I'm on several lists at this point thanks to my idiot rear end googling every inane question I think about. I did learn a lot about genital piercings today because of that though so go me?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I am so aware of red pandas right now I have been browsing that thread for half an hour and annoying my girlfriend (and gnome) with constant links to pictures

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

You should've named it "lets experience mycophobia" instead :colbert:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I don't know how or why FP puts up with anything I do in our recording sessions but thanks to him not stopping me, my "Prime Recordings" folder on dropbox now looks like this

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I do, its one of my favourite shows! So full of love and positivity and its a show that we all need and deserve in our lives :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

senrath posted:

It is a rock, it's just a specific type of colored quartz. It's even considered a semi-precious stone.

I knew it was something like that! Also yes it is considered semi-precious, which is why the gaming dice set I have that is made of amethyst cost so goddamn much. Looks great though

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hey FP you can shut up now I finally did it

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm not sure if it comes through very well thanks to how easily my attention wanders and causes me to talk about non-game things but I really really love this game a lot! Its got a lot of really good environmental/incidental storytelling which is something I have a huge love of, its puzzles are (mostly) intuitive and challenging without being frustrating and the enemies are varied and interesting.

Oh, and also ship-chan :nyoron:

Seriously though in case anyone was wondering I am very much enjoying this game and I can't wait to do more stuff with FP either, we have a lot of fun recording!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Shei-kun posted:

So I was watching the latest update while also browsing Tumblr and found another creature Fae might like.

It's called a Pink Fairy Armadillo.

aaaaaaaaaa it looks like a pokemon! :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

FP can confirm this, the noise I made when I saw that image was not human holy poo poo I love this thread I love everyone who watches our videos aaaaaaa :kimchi:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

So guys, it was my birthday on Sunday and FPzero, being the motherfucker that he is, got me a present that I think you'll all appreciate

I have named it phazon-chan since it is blue and its very soft and currently keeping me company while I make prizes for our stream :3: thank you FP!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oh god I made Samus' head look like its wearing a green thong why did I let you convince me to draw things, FP?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Because humans think they're cute.

No, really. That's the entire reason. We put a lot of effort into saving them because they're cute.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'd say it makes sense in context but it doesn't. Point is, you should probably never allow me and Tyty to do commentary together

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I had to scroll through like a week's worth of pictures of cats and bunnies for this

https://twitter.com/shit_archillect/status/718453333715869697

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

FP was on discord with me when I saw that picture and he can confirm that my reaction was to give a heavy, exasperated sigh and then crack up laughing

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/AmberHarrisArt/status/745415557399228416

There will be context for this soon, I promise. In the meantime, enjoy this fanart!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Here you go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlGrEMK7OWo

I hope you like four and a half hours of unedited stream!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hey, the Metroid series is 30 years old today! Happy birthday, Samus :toot:

(From the 25th anniversary but shhhhh)

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Before the recording session:

During the recording session:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

I really do hope now that some good singers come up and make those musical songs happen.

I've been considering it but my vocal range is weird as poo poo -- its hard being a female alto, guys.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

Poor Brits, they don't have the exposure to Italian cuisine that we do across the Atlantic. I read an interview with Patrick Stewart where he said his first experience eating a slice of pizza was when he moved to Brooklyn a couple of years ago. Before that, his major exposure was decades before that when he heard Dean Martin sing about "a big pizza pie" in "That's Amore." But at least there are more Indian restaurants in the UK than in most parts of the US.

A classically trained upper class actor who grew up during World War 2 is probably not an accurate metric to use to judge the availability of italian food in the UK, because let me tell you that poo poo is everywhere and its great.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm sorry I don't watch movies, guys! :smith:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm sorry I spent like half this episode talking about ice cream

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I have streamed Sonic 3 since we recorded this and let me tell you, as someone who has never played a sonic game before and who has only ever played one other platformer their entire life, Sonic 3 is bad.

It doesn't tell you how to do basic things like spin attack, one of the most important things to be able to do in the game, you lose momentum at the drop of a hat, the actual path through the level is not clear in the slightest, its not obvious what any of the powerups do, in a game that's supposed to be about going fast you have to stop constantly to charge up your dash thingy and if you gently caress up on the last boss of the level? Oops you're doing it all again!

Goons think the game is easy/good because they first played it when they were eight and have had since then to master it. I have not, and I don't have nostalgia to blind me on this one. Trust me, its not a good game by any means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

RedMagus posted:

Also did Fae ever post that recipe for banana ice cream? Cause it sounds delightful.

I did not! here you go, friend!

• Locked thread