Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

"In the name of all the gods," is no one else's battlecry but Li's, a knight whose loyalty to each god and goddess is both equal and expedient. Since each and every one of those great divine beings can take any other's forms and manifest their signs so they might tempt mere mortals to their own idea of redemption, and there always happens to be enough of them with something to gain by helping someone like Li, the following is clear: in the end, effectiveness is what matters most to the powerful, divine or no, and being owned by no one means with every conflict comes a bidding war.

Sheet: Li, the Free Lancer
Race: Human
Stats: Str:21 Con:15 Dex:10 Int:8 Wis:10 Cha: 11
Equipment: Plate armor, Gouge, Waterskin, Rations (10), Miner's helmet, Sunrod (2)
Gold Remaining: 0

e; whoops, missed the gold and item catchup things. Actually thought just inherent bonuses would keep the new recruits up.

e2; okay that should be sorted.

If I still want to play this character, here's the drive link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VlNFX2lrLxS185ckgzUC1ybXM

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm available Thursdays again so I'll update and submit Myna

edit: Annnnnd here she is!

Sheet: Myna, here to wreck things once more
Stats: Str:19 Con:13 Dex:13 Int:10 Wis:8 Cha:17
Equipment: Dwarven Chainmail +1, Battlecrazed Execution Axe +1, Handaxe, Bloodthirst Bracers, Skull Mask, Baffling Cape +1, 3 potions of healing, 3 woundpatches, adventurer's kit
Gold Remaining: 27

Chic Trombone fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 2, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, folks!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Mentioned it in irc last night, but to reiterate I may be 10-20 minutes late so feel free to start without me! See y'all in a few hours.

e: Good game folks! I imagine with a 6 person party we're gonna feel a touch cramped for a level or two, but when the system starts throwing out elites and solos we'll likely be taking those down faster than intended which'll end up saving us quite a bit of time.

We had a little bit of trouble with cross talking(I'm particularly bad about this :sweatdrop:), but that was mainly outside of combat where it isn't that much of an issue. So long as we focus on letting the person whose turn it currently is get their actions out clearly we should be fine!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 4, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you everyone for playing! I am a little out of it right now and will totally crash, so this is just a reminder that I owe you all some loot, and to please yell at me if I haven't come up with anything by Tuesday.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, folks!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i don't mean to be pushy but where's the loot my man

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You recover 200 GP worth of general loot and coinage.

From cages stacked atop the cart, you free 2 small Shadowhound puppies. They're friendly! The local kennel will take them for 250 GP each, or you can hang on to them.

One of the witches was reading a book titled "Everlook Parliamentary Procedure". The library will take it for 250 GP.

The Dark Creeper that took two OAs and died instantly was wearing Boots of Rapid Motion. Hopefully it'll serve you better than it did them.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

We're keeping the puppies. Because puppies.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
drat if only we followed through with team pixie we could have a chariot.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:shittypop: Oh heck yes! Puppy pals for life! :petdog:

Loot sheet is updated.

Boots of Rapid Motion posted:

Level 5-1,000gp
Rarity: Uncommon
Power (Encounter): Immediate Reaction. Trigger: An effect slows you. Effect: You make a saving throw against the triggering effect. On a save, the effect ends.
Power (Daily): Minor Action. You gain a +1 power bonus to speed until the end of the encounter.

I'm already relatively fast(slash loaded up with magic gear) and one of my dailies gives me an additional speed boost so I can easily pass on the boots.

My preference for the boots is to give them to Balasar; he's already slowed down from heavy armor and being able to pop an encounter long +1 to speed during a set piece battle so that he can spread some healing around is a good plan.

I could also see the boots going to Shard for similar reasons, getting him in the fray and marking/punishing as soon as possible makes things easier for the rest of us.

slydingdoor posted:

drat if only we followed through with team pixie we could have a chariot.

drat it! :negative:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 10, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
1. Map of the Umbraforge area:

2. You level up to level 5!

3. You recover a Jolting Guard Longsword +2 (level 8) from Modra's corpse (which he never really got to use, being dead and all)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Here's Myna's updated sheet!!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So I'm trying to decide between Invitation to Defeat (close burst 5 non-damaging attack that pulls enemies towards me, weakens enemies next to me and causes them to take extra damage 1/round when they're hit. sustain minor) and Specter of Doubt (damage when the enemy attacks, save ends. each failed save lets me try to daze another enemy that's within 3 squares of the primary).

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Invitation to Defeat synergizes pretty well with the party.

Li & Shard: Draws targets they've marked away from them forcing the targets to either shift+charge to get back on target to avoid punishment, or they have to disrespect and take damage from Li and take a penalty to their attacks.

Myna: Brash Assault opens up some stacking punishment if everyone is grouped and allows for better target selection.

Adar: AoEs ahoy!

Clara: Just picked up Menacing Presence which sets up an encounter long buff where any enemy starting next to me takes a -2ac until end of their next turn. Stand next to Clara and pull'em all in and the party has an easy time for the next of the round :v:.

The dazey chain could be nice, but it's also potentially something that is immediately over. If we has someone who could inflict negatives to saves or something it would be fantastic.

Clara is updated.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar is updated. And man, my dailies are grimly named. "Foretaste of Death" and "Invitation to Defeat".

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've just learned/realized that Daylight Savings Time has ended in the US, and that means that our schedule has moved one hour later, to 9:00 PM EST. Please let me know if that's going to be an issue for you.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Started, not ended, but yeah that's fine for me.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh yeah I forgot how that would affect the game :v:. Still works for me though.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, folks! See you at 9:00 PM EST

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Aw hell, I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight. Last week I agreed to babysit for my sister based on a date without double checking the weekday so I'm gonna be fully occupied looking after a baby and a 3 year old all evening. Sorry y'all. :(

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

We ended up calling off the game, so you didn't miss anything.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh no! :ohdear:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Don't worry about it! It's fine. I forgot that Bacon also passed on this week.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You earn a total of 710 GP from selling the five crates of weapons

You earn another 160 GP and the stencil design and the appropriate magical ink for a Backlash Tattoo (level 9)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I could see the backlash tattoo being primarily useful for either Myna or Clara, the rest of the group is kinda not great for their basic attacks :v:.

Shard and Balasar both use their reactions quite frequently and Adar tends to stick to a mid to short distance range without being in constant contact with the enemy.

Myna: Has a run of the mill basic attack, but also has a bunch of things attached to her being bloodied and doubling down on those never hurts.

Clara: Her melee basic attack qualifies for her oath of enmity allowing 2d20 for the attack and she can use an at-will to position the person she hits.

Both of us seem to get bloodied very often :gibs:, I'm fine with either of us taking it or if someone in the party wants to up their basic attack game by all means make an argument for it :v:.

Backlash Tattoo posted:

Level 9- 4,200gp
Property: The first time you're bloodied during an encounter, you can make a basic attack as an immediate reaction

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess it's a question of accuracy v extra damage - with the 2d20 Clara is a bit more likely to hit, while Myna would do more damage, what with the bloodied bonuses. Which do we think would be more valuable?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I vote Myna gets it. We should throw everything we can with an "On Bloodied" trigger on her.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, ya mooks!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So I proposed using the Escalation Die going forward, and the rules for that are as follows:

1. All player-characters get a +1 to their attack rolls starting on round 2. I will write a big indicator on the map to remind everyone
2. The bonus will increase by another one with every succeeding round, up to a maximum of +6
3. If the group isn't being particularly aggressive or otherwise actively engaging in battle, I may reduce the bonus instead. I don't think there's much chance of that happening!
4. To be clear, the monsters/NPCs don't benefit from this bonus

Loot:

Myna fashions a Wall Armor +2 (level 8) from the chitin of the Tangler Beetle she slew, and the group recovers a total of 190 GP from the ogres

You recover a Baldric of Tactical Positioning (level 8) from the elf you slew at the dark foundry

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game tomorrow, folks!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cancel tonight's game. It's almost 4 AM here and I'm still at work and the game's in another 4 hours and I'll be too blasted to be of any use to anyone.

If people want to get together in the chat or if someone else wants to run a oneshot or whatever, feel free to use my room.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Probably going to be a half hour late tonight, have to work late.

EDIT: Nevermind. Maybe I should read before posting, lol.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I was gonna probably be late too because of Awful Survivor, ahaha

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Whoops guess my post didn't go through earlier. Get some rest man!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game is on for tonight. See you all then.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Forgot to tag the items

Wall Armor +2 for Myna posted:

Level 8- 3,400gp
Power(Daily): Immediate Reaction. Trigger: An enemy hits or misses you with a bull rush or charge attack. Effect: The triggering enemy takes 1d6 damage per plus and is knocked prone.

+2 is still under out inherent bonuses so Myna's AC jumps up one.

Baldric of Tactical Positioning posted:

Level 8- 3,400gp
Item Slot: Waist
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Choose one square adjacent to you. That square counts as an ally for the purpose of flanking until the end of your next turn.

The Baldric is kind of good for anyone in melee range. I can do some good smacking with it, but I'm open to anyone taking it since I'm still a little item laden in comparison to most of the group.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I'm going to be a half hour or so late tonight.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Ugh drat it, been feeling like low grade garbage all day and that seems like it's coming to a head in the last hour, I can't even sit up without getting smacked in the guts by waves of nausea. :sigh:

Took some medicine that'll hopefully kick in soon while I'm laying down, but if it doesn't help to the point where I can sit up and play don't wait up on me and go murder some chumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
After-action notes:

Balasar can switch to his ranged weapon as a Free Action for having done this (and you can refluff your Crossbow as a spear throw if you'd like)

Take 50 GP each as loose change for having rummaged through several rooms worth of stuff

You now have Umbral Panther pets

You know of Sarshan's statblock, which Myna was able to deduce

• Locked thread